Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

animals and insects

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    fran123

fran123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Definately think cats and dogs have a sensitivity that us humans lack. Maybe we did have it at some point in our evolution but for the vast majority of us, it no longer exists. I did have a strange experience not long ago with my cat. I only have one cat but had two for many years until one passed away. It was a normal evening, my wife and I sitting watching the TV when our cat suddenly stared intently at something in an adjacent room, at the height of a small animal. I went to look and there was nothing there and there was nowhere anything could have hidden. The cat kept staring at the same spot and my wife jokingly said maybe it was our deceased cat which had come back to pay us a visit. In front of the fire in the room where we were was a small mat, which our deceased cat used to lie on. Our live cat was sitting next to the mat. My wife called out the name of the deceased cat and told him to come through and sit on his mat. Our cat remained in a sitting position. We watched her head and eyes move as she followed the movements of what she was seeing, coming through the doorway, walking around the furniture and across the room to the mat. Once "it" reached the mat our cat lay down and went to sleep. Very strange and I certainly have no logical explanation as to what my wife and I witnessed.

#17    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,213 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View Postlone wolf2, on 19 December 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

What in the soil would keep everything out?

Um.... chemicals???

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#18    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

That they can't fly over?

#19    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Insects don't stop like that to chemicals.    Usually they end up dieing.   My thought was more on the lines of sonic repellent but the building doesn't  have power

#20    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Bet there are worms.

#21    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postlone wolf2, on 20 December 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

Insects don't stop like that to chemicals. Usually they end up dieing.   My thought was more on the lines of sonic repellent but the building doesn't  have power
Hmm interesting so do you think its some type of psychic energy or are their any power cables under ground in that area.

#22    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I don't know of any underground power lines there

#23    Stubbly_Dooright

Stubbly_Dooright

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 2,725 posts

• ♪♫ Dementia, you're
    driving me crazy! ♫♪
    - Owlcity.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Oh I believe that animals sense the paranormal.
As of right now, I have one dog, and three cats. They all seem to react to things the rest of us can't see. For some years, after we moved into the house we live in now, our dog would bark incessantly at the front door, and the little hallway/foyer area in front of it. This would go on, and we would have no clue. We would look out and see no one at the door. Granted, my dog would sense anyone, walking by or have driven up and got out of their car, or left their house, but most of the times during the barking, not of that was happening. During those times, I have seen weird lighting around this area, that I cannot explain. Then one time, during the day when it was only myself and my pets at the home, I heard it. I was sitting down watching tv in the living room, my dog sitting in a chair next to the couch I was on, when I heard what sounded like footsteps on hardwood floor in that foyer/front door area. Also at that time, there was vinyl flooring and a carpet on top of it. At the time I heard this, my dog picked his head up and growled toward that area. It was not until just recently, we had torn up the carpet and the vinyl flooring from that area to expose the hardwood floor underneath. The thing is, my dog does not bark at that area anymore.
  One of my cats, from time to time, and still does, would be on the master bed and start chasing something around the top of the bed. I can never see it. I would look closely, and I would not see anything indicating a bug.
   Years ago, while living on military housing and having another cat, that cat a couple of times, would react to something near it, and we wouldn't see it.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
If you wont talk to your cat about catnip......who will?
Introverts unite! But only on the internet.

#24    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,203 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

For the abandoned building bit...
Perhaps they spray the abandoned buildings so they aren't as much of a mosquito hazard? Or perhaps the corn fields that grow in the area are dusted, and larger concentrations have built up on the abandoned building, and seeped into it, causing it to become less hospitable to insects, and critters that eat them? Or maybe whatever the building was made with in the first place isn't too appealing to wildlife. Perhaps the building is too drafty and cool for the mosquito to like it.
Fireflies tend to like open field into woody margins- they tend not to hang too much close to or in abandoned buildings.
You might not have seen much by spiderwebs, but perhaps the building is more hospitable to jumping or wandering spiders, they have less visible web action.
It might have been the wrong time of year for noticeable rodent activity.
Perhaps, if this is the Torrence in PA that I'm thinking on... Perhaps the building is just disturbed enough by security and curiosity seekers that the wildlife in general is less likely to want to take up permanent residence.

#25    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Being disturbed by curiosity seekers is possible. It was a popular spot.  Now from what a gather there is some kind of security system there.  Probably game cameras with email capability.

#26    camochick

camochick

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

• Just Lovley.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

No offense but I personally know someone who works in the working parts of that hospital.... yes there is activity that happens there. It's nothing major so don't freak out. Just a couple of lost souls.

*HUGS*

#27    Pssst

Pssst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Fly Snapping Syndrome.  Who knows what other ailments are out there.  If only animals could speak.  Just one rule-out possibility. :)

Edited by Pssst, 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#28    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

animals have better and different sences then we do  and yes i firmly believe that they can detect things we cannot, Or more likely things that we no longer recognise as paranormal stimuli.  i also believe that  they can transmit what they sence to us.  For example humans generally don't have the sense of smell that animals have BUT i know that before he passed when my friend to the left was very afraid i could smell it.  there were times he would suddenly stand up and watch something move across the living room. there were a couple time when he did so and moved  between what  he was watching and one of the people  in the room, and then there was the night he jumped up  wtched for a moment and then greeted whatever he was watching as if it was me coming home from work
   and  sence  he passed away in nov. it gets real quiet at night no more thumps and creeks and  others noises from all parts of the house when he was asleep in bed.

#29    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,274 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I was brought up in a haunted house, so not believing in the spirit world is not an option for me.

Yes, cats and dogs do seem to be able to see ghosts. We never kept a pet for very long!
I remember one cat we had — He watched, completely terrified, tracking something across the top of the wall, then he clawed at the door to go outside, and never came back!

#30    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

It's actually not just cats and dogs. Most (if not all) animals are sensitive to the spirit world. Our pet cockatiel was very sensitive to the spirit world.

So are humans when you're young (those imaginary friends were never imaginary) but the older we get, the more sensitivity we lose due to all the negatives that come with growing up; worry, anxiety, material wants. Of course, some people are fortunate to retain sensitivity (though it's usually diminished for everybody). I know I always used to tell my parents of seeing people in my bedroom when I was young and (in the very same house) my nephew has described the same people I did.

Much of the time, people speak as though we're better than animals or not even animals at all but the truth is, they're a lot closer to the meaning of life than we are.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users