Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Family planning

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

It's not fullness that's the problem, just resource use. /Says the American who spends much of his day on his computer and is in school to write./ But, we can fix the problems if we take the time to, and figure out better ways to spend our resources.

#17    Alchera

Alchera

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• This world is life
    This “clouds-and-wonders”
    Is all I need
    And it will never go

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

The lives we live in the advanced countries are very wasteful - we see people who are so overweight from food it is killing them, and some people have so little food that they are dying. Again, it is not so much that there is not enough food and water, it's just that not everyone can buy them. And although it will be an immense challenge to ensure a completely healthy population I believe it can be done - we will have to take steps into population control and it will be a very complex design of distribution that meets the needs of everyone but it could certainly be better than it is now. Yes there will be problems in turns of agriculture and the general fertility of the earth - which waxes and wanes rather than stands at a constant, but I think we can overcome these issues if we really want to.

Posted Image

#18    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

The Green Party here in NZ claimed to have a "One Child per Family" policy to save the planet. To be honest, I don't relly see the point because 1. what would happen to all the families with one or more children? 2. we don't have a big population that makes much pollution (4.3 million is the opo. in NZ at the moment) and 3. what effect will it have? The burden placed on other families who are left with a child would probably increase their "carbon footprint".

Edited by MichaelW, 21 February 2010 - 11:15 PM.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#19    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

And that doesn't account for families that can't have children. They'd end up giving their child allotment to someone else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users