Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Response to "no scientific evidence" of ghost

lestatdelioncourt

When I talk about mind and body and spirit it is all philosophy. When people talk about things going bump in the night it is paranormal.

or ' unknown = paranormal = supernatural ' ?

Yes, something like that.

When I talk about mind and body and spirit it is all philosophy. When people talk about things going bump in the night it is paranormal.

Yes, something like that.

My favorite 'something' like that or this :

Dirac Three Polarizers Experiment

In his 1930 textbook The Principles of Quantum Mechanics, Paul Dirac introduced the uniquely quantum concepts of superposition and indeterminacy using polarized photons.

• information philosopher link

Third-Polarizing-Filter Experiment Demystified

Shine light through two polarizing filters oriented at 90° to each other, and no light gets through. But put a third filter inbetween them, at 45° to each of the existing filters, and amazingly enough — some lights gets through!

This popular experiment is often described as “strange.” It is usually presented in the context of quantum mechanics, as an example of the “spookiness” of quantum effects. Rarely, however, does the presenter inform the audience that this experiment can be explained in very simple terms of cause and effect, without reference to spooky quantum magic or anything like that.

© Copyright 2004 Darel Rex Finley. All rights reserved. This article, with illustrations and copyright notice intact, may be freely distributed for educational purposes.

• Darel Rex Finley link

~ enjoy

:edit - link maintenance

Edited by third_eye

Heh, I remembered that I saw a "ghost orb" of black color (blackish) which was superfast. I googled black orb and found this :

http://paranormal.lo...ifferent_Colors

Most 'orbs' in my experience are either dust, moisture or insects. If you look closely at the orb and see a dark blob somewhere in it, it is almost certainly a flying insect. Sometimes you can even see the outline of the insect.

Heh, I remembered that I saw a "ghost orb" of black color (blackish) which was superfast. I googled black orb and found this :

http://paranormal.lo...ifferent_Colors

Well, at least they admit it could be dust or other mundane things but only after detailing all of unearthly horrors they really want you to believe.

• Like 1

Oh this is a big affair to try to answer satisfactorily here. Obviously brain damage interferes with mind function, so we have to conclude that a given mind needs brain. Then there is the Cartesian dualism issue of how brain moves spirit and how spirit moves brain. I see no way to respond to all this. I leave it as unknown.

Still, as has been said, I know my mind exists, not as a thing but as a process, and I know it is independent of my brain, although the two are in constant interaction. Were I to become mentally ill from some brain disease, I have no idea what that does to mind, except perhaps render it unable to function for awhile -- it seems to need brain. When I die though obviously it has to seek quarters elsewhere. That it dies with the brain is perhaps possible, even probable. I don't think so though.

Sorry if this is a bit OT but you believe that the 'mind' is more than the chemical processes that happen in the brain yet is somehow reliant on said processes? Would it be a symbiotic or parasitic kind of relationship since the premise of the thread is that consciousness only inhabits the body while it's alive and departs upon death.?

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

Sorry if this is a bit OT but you believe that the 'mind' is more than the chemical processes that happen in the brain yet is somehow reliant on said processes? Would it be a symbiotic or parasitic kind of relationship since the premise of the thread is that consciousness only inhabits the body while it's alive and departs upon death.?

Yes, that is something I have thought about for a long time and certainly a hurdle for the hypothesis to leap.

Yes, that is something I have thought about for a long time and certainly a hurdle for the hypothesis to leap.

A significant hurdle indeed though interesting to ponder none the less. I'm more of a materialist I suppose so to me when the chemicals cease being created and distributed then the 'mind' no longer has the juice (pun intended) to remain active and subsequently ceases to 'be'. That's not iron clad in my world view though and evidence for what comes after death can certainly change my views accordingly however I haven't seen any evidence to suggest anything other than the death of consciousness coinciding with the death of the body. To be perfectly honest though I haven't really looked very hard for such evidence so my opinion has little weight beyond my own lips. :tu:

A significant hurdle indeed though interesting to ponder none the less. I'm more of a materialist I suppose so to me when the chemicals cease being created and distributed then the 'mind' no longer has the juice (pun intended) to remain active and subsequently ceases to 'be'. That's not iron clad in my world view though and evidence for what comes after death can certainly change my views accordingly however I haven't seen any evidence to suggest anything other than the death of consciousness coinciding with the death of the body. To be perfectly honest though I haven't really looked very hard for such evidence so my opinion has little weight beyond my own lips. :tu:

FWIW I see it as electro-chemical processes and very complex neural networks. Everything about human physiology is geared towards protecting and oxygenating the brain. Why would so much energy be budgeted if the process within is independent of the tissue?

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

I would have to say that I've gathered good proof worthy of further scientific investigations.

I would have to say that I've gathered good proof worthy of further scientific investigations.

Tell us about it.

Tell us about it.

It's a long explanation and probably off-topic here, but I've got constant vocal contact with a bunch of spirits who have positive abilities beyond my understanding.

One of their abilities is to transfer themselves into other PC's (regardless of distance)

Edited by -Desiderata-

It's a long explanation and probably off-topic here, but I've got constant vocal contact with a bunch of spirits who have positive abilities beyond my understanding.

One of their abilities is to transfer themselves into other PC's (regardless of distance)

Well, it's not off topic here. If you feel you have a case for science, by all means, share it.

Well, it's not off topic here. If you feel you have a case for science, by all means, share it.

There is a bunch of "willing" spirits, who are eager to be investigated. They recently showed me that they can transfer themselves into other PC's. They requested me to collect a quiet recording via email from a friend. He generated a quiet recording, checked it over and sent me a copy. When I played it through this PC, it altered. The original recording altered accordingly. Since that test we did, they speak with him too now on his own PC. I've tried this a few more times so far with success.

I am quite skeptical of this claim, a constant communication with spirits is doubtful. Not that I am here to question your words but rather I doubt the interpretations you've made of what your experiences.

As for transfer to PCs, I am aware that computers can share viruses and spywares and that can cause all kind of weird things and annoyances. But, as for spirits? I've yet to see any evidence of that..

EDIT: Sounds like some hackers or pranksters are messing up with you and your friends...

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

There is a bunch of "willing" spirits, who are eager to be investigated. They recently showed me that they can transfer themselves into other PC's. They requested me to collect a quiet recording via email from a friend. He generated a quiet recording, checked it over and sent me a copy. When I played it through this PC, it altered. The original recording altered accordingly. Since that test we did, they speak with him too now on his own PC. I've tried this a few more times so far with success.

So he sent you a recording of silence but when you played it, it was not silent?

I really have to agree with Sam that constant contact is a bit of a stretch. What do the spirits talk about?

I went through the logics last year, hackers, dodgy wiring etc. The spirits speak in/of the here and now. I recognise a few of them. Sometimes their speech can be "as was" pre death.

He sent me a copy of quiet recording. It was silent apart from a quiet hiss. When I played it through this PC, significant differences & voices were present. When he checked the original on his own PC, it had altered also. This means they can alter pre-recorded files.

Would you upload it to some sharedata site or something?

Also, what was the output format if you know? If you don't know, please ask your friend.

Anyway, this sounds to me like a creepypasta material. Altering raw data is not really possible without some 3rd party and I'm not sure that I'm aware of any possible algorithm shell which changes the mere recording, meaning that it must be either sniffed and altered between you two or that it's actually ghosts living on-line (or in HDD?) which would be awesome, but unlikely :D

Each time I format the disc it would be terrible.

Also, what was the output format if you know? If you don't know, please ask your friend.

Anyway, this sounds to me like a creepypasta material. Altering raw data is not really possible without some 3rd party and I'm not sure that I'm aware of any possible algorithm shell which changes the mere recording, meaning that it must be either sniffed and altered between you two or that it's actually ghosts living on-line (or in HDD?) which would be awesome, but unlikely :D

Yes, you are correct. Any audio in the file would have to have been digitally encoded.

Strangely enough not creepy at all, just a little crazy. They're not actually altering a file as such, more adding their noise & voices. They're not actually being recorded, they speak as play-back is pressed. It seems a certain arrangement of wires determines their clarity/tone/vol of speech. The voices that emit from my computer are tiny, high pitched or deep, and sometimes quite clear. The voices that emit from Robs, are far louder.

I know little about computers I confess (antique trader) Rob used a HP laptop and used the youcam app to generate the file, using the internal mic ( I've since discovered that an external mic is useless as they are not "in the air" so to speak) They are more than voices on computer (their words lol) they are doing art work from inches to millimetres with just a flick. So far I'm aware that they can speak with clarity, provide great art and can transfer themselves into other PC's.

Since altering Robs file in June, I haven't been able to upload/transfer anything, but I've sent Rob a memory stick with the latest updates on it and he'll sort any uploading from his computer. If you like you could generate a 30 sec recording done in the same way as above, upload it to a file sharing site (box.com?) and provide me the link here and see what the spirits can do with it. They've altered 6 computers so far.

I don't know where to begin regarding approaching science, so I've entered them into one of those paranormal challenges for now.

Fine by me, all in due time. I'll come here regularly to check the topic to see if you have the data and (just in case) I'm going to use it on my old laptop. Thanks and regards

Edit: :D

Edited by Nenaraz

• 2 months later...

Yes, you are correct. Any audio in the file would have to have been digitally encoded.

Sorry I'm new here, it's taken me a while to find this thread. All the above is pretty much true, I can hardly believe it myself, but the evidence is piling up. I contacted the press 6 weeks ago, and they are dealing with it for now. Lord only knows what they are going to make of it but the spirits called out his name a few times during our interviews. There s no medical answer, I update my GP every time these spirits step up a gear, AND show him the evidence. It's only in the hands of the press because the church refused me protection.

Due to the fact that their voices are not actually being recorded (they speak as playback is pressed) whenever I've tried uploading recordings, their voices become distorted and lose audio quality. Also, according to arrangement of wires in PC's, determines their ability to be heard.

Edited by -Desiderata-

Not much of this makes any sense to me.

The only way I can imagine anyone verifying your strange story is something like the following: Arrange for an independent third party to arrange for 2 (or more) different computers to be present at the same location, playback the audio file(s) in question, have the 3rd party copy them to the other computers (perhaps via different methods - USB drive, email, etc.) and examine both the audio output and visual representation of the file in question and see how if anything it is changing.

When you say it's in the hands of the press, who do you mean? Local press, regional press, national press? Is someone who is familiar with digital audio examining the files in question?

On the surface it's hard to know what to make of your claims. How clear is the audio? I don't know if the audio is being playing on computer A with cheap tinny speakers you get on some cheap laptops and then on computer B with upmarket audio hardware which is bringing out detail you simply can't hear on the cheap speakers or (as I suspect) something entirely different but mundane is happening because of some confusion to do with what you're doing with the files on the various computers involved.

How did you conclude that what's going on has anything to do with "arrangement of wires" and not some other factor? You say the files aren't being altered but say the voices become "distorted and lose quality" on uploaded versions. If the voices aren't there and then appear low quality on uploaded files then the file has most definitely been altered, even if the alteration isn't the same quality as what you hear when played back locally.

Also, using an external mike shouldn't matter as they work the same way as internal mics. A membrane picks up vibrations from sound in the air and converts it to an electrical signal which is sent of an electrical connection to a recording device and/or playback device. Why should the fact that the mic and transmitting wire are inside or outside the chassis of the computer make any difference, they both work on the exact same principle?

You said you aren't familiar with computers which makes me suspect the main problem here is a what is really going on being not very well communicated clearly in terms of computers, files, playback, uploads, "arrangements of wires", etc.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

Due to the fact that their voices are not actually being recorded (they speak as playback is pressed) whenever I've tried uploading recordings, their voices become distorted and lose audio quality. Also, according to arrangement of wires in PC's, determines their ability to be heard.

And you've conducted experiments to confirm this? This sounds more like clutching at straws.
  • Like 2