Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How much do looks matter for Christians?

ranrod

If it was common knowledge that if Jesus existed, he looked similar to the guy on the left, and nothing like the guy on the right, how many would not become Christians?

post-92609-0-66836400-1360449726_thumb.p

Why does this even matter?

A savior's a savior. He could be purple and polka-doted for all I care.

• Like 5

doesnt matter to me but people should of explained to the masses when they went on the crusades cus they wouldnt be able to tell jew from turk

The ignorant masses are very judgemental so it would have a huge impact. However, there would be exceptions who wouldn't be as shallow and would be able to see past the looks.

Obviously the ones already deeply Christian wouldn't care, but it would put people off from converting. Atheists and other religions would also use the looks as ad hominem attacks.

Edited by SirMorgenStar

The ignorant masses are very judgemental so it would have a huge impact.

So let me get this straight....there's the 'deeply Christians' and then there's the 'Ignorant Masses',so far, so good?

• Like 2

So let me get this straight....there's the 'deeply Christians' and then there's the 'Ignorant Masses',so far, so good?

No, there's the ignorant masses and the smaller group who aren't as ignorant. Most people are very ignorant, it has nothing to do with religion.

• Like 1

Why pick out Christians to have a go at...Are you a Christian or another S***stirring other sort,?....Looks are skin deep,its the personality that counts.

• Like 1

No, there's the ignorant masses and the smaller group who aren't as ignorant. Most people are very ignorant, it has nothing to do with religion.

I'm inclined to agree.

Although the Christians that would actually have a problem with it would most likely do one of two things: deny it anyway, or fall from faith. Therefore some new great questions would suddenly arise, such as:

• Were they really true Christians?
  • If not, does intelligence have a factor in salvation?
  • Does this mean that the majority of Christians aren't saved?

It would in my opinion be a great way to divide up the radicals, the hypocrites, and the devout.

• Like 2

The ignorant masses are very judgemental so it would have a huge impact. However, there would be exceptions who wouldn't be as shallow and would be able to see past the looks.

Obviously the ones already deeply Christian wouldn't care, but it would put people off from converting. Atheists and other religions would also use the looks as ad hominem attacks.

If one believes the accounts of scripture - which I assume most Christians would - after the Lord returns there will no longer BE any Atheists. They will either accept His rule or perish but certainly they will believe. And RULE is exactly what He will do. With "a rod of iron". The meaning is inescapable that He will allow no disrespect or disobedience. Fortunately He is about love so His rule will not be a painful burden, but an experience of utmost wonder and joy. I think that it will be during this time that humanity will finally become aware of the WHY we have so long sought.
  • Like 1

Why does this even matter?

A savior's a savior. He could be purple and polka-doted for all I care.

I see people in America, especially in the political arena (but not exclusively) that tout their Christian faith on one hand, and on the other express xenophobia against people of middle-eastern decent, seemingly without realizing that he/she worships a middle-eastern man.

• Like 1

If one believes the accounts of scripture - which I assume most Christians would - after the Lord returns there will no longer BE any Atheists. They will either accept His rule or perish but certainly they will believe. And RULE is exactly what He will do. With "a rod of iron". The meaning is inescapable that He will allow no disrespect or disobedience. Fortunately He is about love so His rule will not be a painful burden, but an experience of utmost wonder and joy. I think that it will be during this time that humanity will finally become aware of the WHY we have so long sought.

You make him sound like a bloodthirsty warlord. I guess that why he said, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies... Let me smite them alone and drink their blood and feast upon their shriveled black hearts..." -Mathew 5

If one believes the accounts of scripture - which I assume most Christians would - after the Lord returns there will no longer BE any Atheists.

Well, I don't believe all scripture, especially that of Revelation, but that's for a different topic I suppose...

You make him sound like a bloodthirsty warlord. I guess that why he said, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies... Let me smite them alone and drink their blood and feast upon their shriveled black hearts..." -Mathew 5

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGv_VJZEdv32HhDPqIJp8DfYNx9jy5Tayh84KiggqGKT9VgmTj

Edited by HavocWing

I see people in America, especially in the political arena (but not exclusively) that tout their Christian faith on one hand, and on the other express xenophobia against people of middle-eastern decent, seemingly without realizing that he/she worships a middle-eastern man.

It's simply out of sheer ignorance, raw stupidity, and an incredibley high level of naivety to the typical Christian propaganda expressed by the richly dressed hypocrites running many of the modern day churches...

It unfortunately fosters the ugly stereotype that most Christians are intolerant racist ignorant fools... <_< So I know what you mean...

• Like 1

Woooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhh there buddy, That last sentence ain't in Matthew 5, so please don't put it there...

• Like 1

As far as I know, according to the Christian lore he WILL be a warlord when he returns, an almost completely different person who will lead the armies of good against the demonic army of the Anti-Christ.

As far as I know, according to the Christian lore he WILL be a warlord when he returns, an almost completely different person who will lead the armies of good against the demonic army of the Anti-Christ.

According to Revelation...

But as I said, not all of us Christians accept that prophecy...

That would be the same political elite in the US that goes around brown-nosing the islamic world, removing the teaching about islamic terrorism from the CIA education agenda, helps the Muslim Brotherhood take over all over the Middle East, while throwing pro-Western politicians under the bus, fills the White House with Muslim brotherhood front advisors, lets Al Quaeda massacre the US embassador in Bengazi while railroading a Coptic film maker for it, calls the Fort Hood massacre a "workplace accident" and has Barrack Hussein declare in the UN that "There is no future for those who critizise Mohammed"??

Get real!

Talk about about world-view upside down.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

If it was common knowledge that if Jesus existed, he looked similar to the guy on the left, and nothing like the guy on the right, how many would not become Christians?

I would be more inclined to believe that the guy with the blonde hair was a creation of some Jewish Hollywood producer or a European person who had never seen what a Jewish man from the west bank looked like. Times have changed since then.

It would be likely that a Jewish man created that picture, we know what they thought of Jesus and are not going to make him look like one of them.

He had better be well prepared in todays times:

18776678.jpg

He had better be well prepared in todays times:

18776678.jpg

Yeah, cause God's power is totally useless against a man with a gun... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Yeah, cause God's power is totally useless against a man with a gun... :rolleyes:

Why hasn't he stopped all the wars in the world then? Surely "god" can just open a hole in the ground and drop all war mongers into the lake of fire right?

Why hasn't he stopped all the wars in the world then? Surely "god" can just open a hole in the ground and drop all war mongers into the lake of fire right?

tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif

Such a statement is something you should very well already know the answer to. You either know exactly what my response will be and are simply asking me in an attempt to cause pointless conflict and argue, or you really don't know the answer and in which case your just plain stupid. Sorry if that offends you, but many many many Christians have answered that exact question trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times. If your an atheist and still don't know the Christian response to that, then please do your research because I just cannot bear to answer that same damn question again...

Plus, you missed the entire point of my post... Can't even post a frikkin' joke...

• Like 2

tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif

Such a statement is something you should very well already know the answer to. You either know exactly what my response will be and are simply asking me in an attempt to cause pointless conflict and argue, or you really don't know the answer and in which case your just plain stupid. Sorry if that offends you, but many many many Christians have answered that exact question trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times. If your an atheist and still don't know the Christian response to that, then please do your research because I just cannot bear to answer that same damn question again...

Plus, you missed the entire point of my post... Can't even post a frikkin' joke...

So you're post was a joke?? Why can't you see mine as that, that is exactly what my post was.

Edited by HavocWing