Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this real?....It is Science...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,821 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Kill it, kill it with... oh wait... :o

http://chemistry.abo...aohs-snakes.htm

It's really cool, but sure is creepy!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,857 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Wow! That is really amazing. Is this chemical, as it is burning, also reacting to the sand as well?
I wish they had an audio of what was going on but either way it was neat to watch.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Science.
They can do some weird things.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,821 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostCoffey, on 19 December 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

Kill it, kill it with... oh wait... :o

http://chemistry.abo...aohs-snakes.htm

It's really cool, but sure is creepy!

ty

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#6    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I take it you've never seen chemistry at work before?

The world of science hold many such curiosities. Congratulations, you've learn something real now.

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,821 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 19 December 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

The world of science hold many such curiosities. Congratulations, you've learn something real now.

Of course I have, just not this.....

Hey, I thought you said you had me on ignore list.......

Edited by Sakari, 19 December 2012 - 12:44 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#8    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,857 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 19 December 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Not like that exactly. The closest thing I have seen that does anything like that are those black snake things you light and as it burns it makes a black coil.

This, however, makes a mix of something that looks like fungus and tendrils.

Still..pretty neat to see.

#9    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostRyu, on 19 December 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Not like that exactly. The closest thing I have seen that does anything like that are those black snake things you light and as it burns it makes a black coil.

This, however, makes a mix of something that looks like fungus and tendrils.

Still..pretty neat to see.

I thought about those thing when I saw this, old stuff really. I don't think they allow them in this country any more because of the Mercury content......unless they managed to rework them so they don't have it in them any more......or no one actually checks.

#10    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 December 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Of course I have, just not this.....

Hey, I thought you said you had me on ignore list.......

Don't get all wet and messy over it Missy. When you actually post something worth looking at I usually see it. Trouble is most of your stuff is only suitable for the trash can.

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,821 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 19 December 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

Don't get all wet and messy over it Missy. When you actually post something worth looking at I usually see it. Trouble is most of your stuff is only suitable for the trash can.

Only your opinion, and I value it as much as I value the thing I just flushed down my toilet :) Actually, I value that thing I flushed more.

Do me a favor, keep me on ignore. Do not just come out to post flame baiting crap.....

Or, grow up all ready.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Who's flame baiting? You actually posted something worth commenting on for a change.

Besides, you don't mind following me around and posting to my comments to others.......I can't do the same? If thou are going to give then thou must learn to receive as well.

You have a nice day Sunshine.

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,821 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 19 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Who's flame baiting? You actually posted something worth commenting on for a change.

Besides, you don't mind following me around and posting to my comments to others.......I can't do the same? If thou are going to give then thou must learn to receive as well.

You have a nice day Sunshine.

I do not have you on ignore....

And, if I did, I would not go around being condescending about it in replies. ( I am not the only one you do this to )

And the funny thing, I have nothing else at all against you, and if your reply had been a joke, I would be fine with that.

Have a sweet night sugar plumb.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#14    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,312 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

I thought it was pretty cool, just wish I could show some of my relatives this.  Too toxic to try at home, I guess.   It would get the kids more interested in science. :yes:

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#15    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

I don't recall saying you had me on ignore, but you do make comment to posts I've made on a fairly regular basis, and as it happens you're the only one I have on ignore. As this thread shows, when you make an interesting point you then screw it all up by jumping onto the "You have me on ignore band wagon" again. Or you jump in to a post where I disagree with someone and make the ever present, "Oh be careful or he'll put you on ignore as he has countless thousands here."

Seems you enjoy dishing it out but when the table is turned you suddenly don't like the game as well. It's rather childish, but I figured what the hey, two can play the same game of thread disruption. But then when you do it for some reason it's all perfectly correct, well reasoned and insightful, which goes to show the level of immaturity you really have. Hell, go put on your Bigfoot costume and run around in the woods or something, you'll feel better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users