Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

levitation/self-levitation questions

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    number22

number22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

this thread is for those who know about/believe in levitation or have achieved it themselves. while i could argue and or debate about whether or not levitation or telekinesis is real, i'm not really in the mood. any comments that say "levitation is a trick", "telekinesis is fake",  etc. will be ignored.

I'm currently practicing tk, and i've become interested in learning levitation as well. i've been practicing levitation for about three days and i can already feel my energy trying to lift me. like a psi ball but underneath me trying to push me up. it's kind of weak though. sometimes it feels like energy is vibrating around me, kind of like the vibrations during astral projection but very subtle. i think i'm feeling it so quickly because i'm a weakish telekinetic as it is.

anyways, i was wondering if there is anyone out there who has achieved levitation, advanced or beginner, who is willing to answer these questions:

1.)is self levitation telekinesis?
2.)[in regards to question 1] if so, if i were to achieve levitation, will my telekinetic abilities become enhanced?
3.)how long has it taken you to achieve levitation and how long can you stay in the air?
4.)with enough practice, could one be able to glide or fly?
5.)if i levitate myself first, will i be automatically able to lift small objects or will that take practice as well?

#2    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

I had an interesting thought about this. Let's suppose this is real and you can be suspended in mid air by some kind of mind power, how do you safely return to the ground ? If you can do it, you have to be able to undo it gradually or there will be a jolt as you crash to earth. Or if you can't undo it, remain suspended above ground, with all the inconvenience that implies. :unsure2:

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,388 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

Well, good luck in your quest I suppose.

#4    number22

number22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostHabitat, on 18 August 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

I had an interesting thought about this. Let's suppose this is real and you can be suspended in mid air by some kind of mind power, how do you safely return to the ground ? If you can do it, you have to be able to undo it gradually or there will be a jolt as you crash to earth. Or if you can't undo it, remain suspended above ground, with all the inconvenience that implies. :unsure2:
lol. i've wondered this myself since i've heard of this happening. from what i've read, once you rise from the ground, you have to try to stay there for as long as you can. if you try to move around as a beginner you can fall. when you feel you can't stay anymore, you come down the same way you came up. will power and practice. once you're able to stay in the air for a while, then you try to move around. to avoid injuries, i've decided to practice on my bed. lol.

Edited by number22, 18 August 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#5    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Don't mean to be rude i'm just curious. You say you have been practicing telekinesis, Have you achieved anything?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#6    number22

number22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostDKO, on 18 August 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Don't mean to be rude i'm just curious. You say you have been practicing telekinesis, Have you achieved anything?
why yes i have. i've been practicing a long time on and off, and the heaviest thing i can move at the moment is a marker or my chapstick, and not by much. about a little more than half a centimeter.

#7    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Get your friend to pick you up at the same time you pick them up. Levitation win!

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#8    number22

number22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

View Postbones101proof, on 18 August 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

First off I just wanna say if you really think you can levitate, I gotta be the first to see it to believe it, would be cool! But, as a trick seen by many viewers,  David Blaine and Kris Angel have already revealed the illusion behind levitation. The way they do it on TV is first, they show an audience on screen and the camera then points to the magician on a platform that's controlled by him. Then they show the audience reaction with the next camera shot. The other illusion is the angling you position yourself from a viewer, so they are facing your foot but can't see the other foot (works well with baggy pants.) While keeping balance, use your foot that's out of view to push up onto your tip-toe, while keeping your visible foot flat so it appears to rise.
i said i would ignore all skeptical comments, but i will say this: i understand what you're saying, but just because some people fake it doesn't mean everyone does. some people make fart noises that sound just like a fart, but that doesn't mean a fart is fake. lol. get my point? also, i encourage you to google "levitation paranormal" and find the wikipedia page. then scroll down to "Levitation by mediums". if you want to read more feel free, but that part seems most interesting. that is all i have to say.

Edited by number22, 18 August 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

I dream I can do this,all the time ,so I think its a physical ability we have,but have lost. It's part of the brain,we do not use .
It's not something I've ever endeavored to do .

Witches,usually can astrally project ,with ease .It's mastered through proper meditation . its whats meant ,when one says,witches can fly .
Where the broom came in ,I actually do not know.

In any case,I would research unused areas of the brain ,and work on pineal gland activity . See if anything jumps out at you.And I am not referring to pineal activation .The pineal gland is the source of most metaphysical strengths so ....

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 18 August 2012 - 03:42 AM.

Miss me?

#10    number22

number22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 18 August 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

I dream I can do this,all the time ,so I think its a physical ability we have,but have lost. It's part of the brain,we do not use .
It's not something I've ever endeavored to do .
me too! for years i've been having dreams about it. i can only do it (in the dream) when i jump in the air and flap my arms, though. haha. and i agree that it may be an ability we all have but forgot and or just don't know how to use. the dreams were the reason i became interested in levitation, since it felt awesome. lol.

Witches,usually can astrally project ,with ease .It's mastered through proper meditation .
i know about astral projection. it was something i was interested in for a while, but i've heard stories of people being attacked and seeing weird looking creatures, and i don't think i'm ready to encounter anything strange out there yet, be it good or evil.

its whats meant ,when one says,witches can fly .
Where the broom came in ,I actually do not know.
i've heard that witches can astral project with ease, but i have also heard stories of witches that can fly on the physical plane. on destination truth they went to ireland to investigate a town where there are supposed devil worshipers and where many people have claimed to see witches flying on brooms. this one man even claimed he spoke to the devil himself. (not saying it's true, but i've heard of it)

In any case,I would research unused areas of the brain ,and work on pineal gland activity . See if anything jumps out at you.And I am not referring to pineal activation .The pineal gland is the source of most metaphysical strengths so ....
i've actually read online that the third eye is one of the chakras associated with levitation, but i don't want to meditate on any chakras. i'm still a newb when it comes to chakras, but i've heard that if you open one chakra it can negatively affect the other ones or something. something with the flow of energy.

anyway,
thanks for the advice!

Edited by number22, 18 August 2012 - 04:44 AM.

#11    Anonymous User

Anonymous User

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

"..the heaviest thing I can move at the moment is a marker or my chapstick"

Posted Image

#12    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

View Postnumber22, on 18 August 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

why yes i have. i've been practicing a long time on and off, and the heaviest thing i can move at the moment is a marker or my chapstick, and not by much. about a little more than half a centimeter.

Can you film it and show us?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

#13    number22

number22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostDKO, on 18 August 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

Can you film it and show us?
i've considered this before, but i've seen people post videos of them doing tk, and no one believes them. people always believe it's a hoax, and i don't really blame them. there are lot of people that have nothing better to do than post fake videos of them doing something. i don't really want to read comments of people bashing my beliefs. it kind of irritates how people are so sure they know things when they don't. however, i might film one and sent it to you only, since you seem respectful, don't seem dogmatic, and seem kind of open minded. or at least interested in finding out the truth. add me as a friend.

Edited by number22, 18 August 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#14    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

Attached File  1345261861587s.jpg   6.22K   27 downloads

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#15    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Postnumber22, on 18 August 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

i've considered this before, but i've seen people post videos of them doing tk, and no one believes them. people always believe it's a hoax, and i don't really blame them. there are lot of people that have nothing better to do than post fake videos of them doing something. i don't really want to read comments of people bashing my beliefs. it kind of irritates how people are so sure they know things when they don't. however, i might film one and sent it to you only, since you seem respectful, don't seem dogmatic, and seem kind of open minded. or at least interested in finding out the truth. add me as a friend.

The bolded part is my main interest. To be honest I don't believe it's possible, but I am open minded.

That would be good if you could film it. And to avoid any obvious comments, film it without any chance of off camera tricks or other similar things.

I know you don't have to but it would be great if you could prove your claim. Especially since it would be something easy to prove.

Confucius Says:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users