Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

life on mars?

uranium101

do you believe there is unintelligent life in our solar system?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. do you believe there is unintelligent life in our solar system?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

something tells me that there is some form of bacteria or something around here. alien.gifalien.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• s*t*a*r*m*a*n

• uranium101

• PurpleStuart

• snuffypuffer

we're talking solar system, like mars or that moon jupiter has... alien.gif

I would say that there probably is life on mars. It may not be an intelligent form, but it is there. If there was an intelligent form, I do not believe that we would ever know...

I think the life is either dead or frozen...

Mars easily at one point in the creation of the galaxy in the same conditions as Earth is now allowing life to form and then moved farther from the sun killing whatever thrived...

on mars a probe found a fossilized plant once...

As Aslan said, no Mars probe has found a fossilized plant on Mars. Even if life did develop on Mars in it's infancy, it would have never progressed to the point of plants and trees. The best we can hope for are fossilized micro-organisms, certainly not plants or foliage.

so we're talking dead bacteria, right? but jupiter has a moon (europa or something) that scientist say may have a liquid ocean beneath the surface, caused by jupiter's gravitational pull.

What about the "microbe" fossils in the martian meteorite? Did they turn out to be something else? I had'nt heard anything about them for awhile. Anyhow, I remember reading in my good ol' World Book Encyclopedias that some of the first Mars landers detected chemical reactions consistent with life. I know I'm dangerously close to entering ShadyLady territory, but I thought I remembered reading about bacteria on Mars somewhere.

What about the "microbe" fossils in the martian meteorite? Did they turn out to be something else?

There still seems to be some uncertainty over the martian meteorite, essentially every few years there is another claim that it really does contain microbes, and shortly afterwards somebody else says something that casts doubt again and it's soon forgotten about. At the moment I'd say it's pretty inconclusive.

Anyhow, I remember reading in my good ol' World Book Encyclopedias that some of the first Mars landers detected chemical reactions consistent with life.

Viking did this experiment, and the first time, the results did indeed indicate the prescence of microbes in the soil. However, they repeated the experiment dozens of times and were never able to get the same results. They concluded that the first result had been due to something other than what they originally thought, and the experiment was regarded as not having found conclusive evidence of life on Mars.

my science teacher said once that there may be carbon dioxide on mars, except the atmosphere is so thin that humans could not live there... at the moment. alien.gif

of course there is life in our solar system - earth for god sakes! laugh.gif

As Aslan said, no Mars probe has found a fossilized plant on Mars. Even if life did develop on Mars in it's infancy, it would have never progressed to the point of plants and trees. The best we can hope for are fossilized micro-organisms, certainly not plants or foliage.

"No Mars Probe has found a fossilized plant on Mars". This is a statement based on an assumption that they are telling you the truth. So many probes seem to either malfunction or get lost while going to or surveying Mars and we are supposed to believe everything they tell us. How convenient for them. Let me make a prediction shall I?

"Engineers carrying out routine checks on Europe`s first Mars space craft, Mars Express, have found it is down to 70% power as it speeds through space. A faulty connection between the craft`s solar wings and a unit that distributes the electricity generated by the arrays is to blame. The power shortage is EXPECTED to have NO impact on the state of the space craft or the MISSION OBJECTIVES, one of which is to land Beagle 2 on Mars on CHRISTMAS DAY.(when we are all doing christmas and nobody will notice) European Space Agency {Esa} officials are confident about the mission. "In fact," says Rudolf Schmidt, Mars Express Project Manager, "overall, the spacecraft is in good shape. We are simply getting to know its personality."

What odds you give me that the Mars Express will suddenly malfunction while approaching the planet? If im wrong im wrong but I will not be surprised if they suddenly say "We have lost power with the spacecraft", just as it wastaking those nice pictures of the martian city original.gif

Oh just because because they say they lost the probe does not mean they actually did, could be they classified it while they discovered some things they would rather we did not know. Just a thought.

The national institute for discovery science has survey results which may interest you on peoples opinions of extraterrestrials existing etc

available as pdf file here:

http://216.128.67.116/pdf/nids_dayaftersurvey.pdf

and here:

http://216.128.67.116/pdf/internet_vs_roper.pdf

or directly from there site here:

http://www.nidsci.org/researchnews.html

This is a statement based on an assumption that they are telling you the truth.

No, this is a statement based on the fact that the conditions on Mars make it impossible for plant life to have ever evolved there.

something tells me that there is some form of bacteria or something around here. alien.gifalien.gif

I smell it too... must be Uranus... tongue.gif

You assume its a fact. If they are lying about the data then it is a lie.

Dictionary definition of the word "FACT"

1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

A/ Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

B/ A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.

C/ Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.

3/ A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.

4/ Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

DISPUTE= To question the truth or validity of; doubt

SUBTERFUGE= Something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity;

Its is a fact if you can prove it. Do you have any reasons to believe they would tell you the truth about life on Mars? Have you been on mars? I assume the world is round because they tell me it is and i guess there is a lot of evidence to support it but Mars is a long way away and all i see is what they want me to see.