Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Athens,Texas

joshm

ya'll mention Fullers Park in several discussions about Athens.I have lined in Athens 5 years and I never heard of Fullers Park before but there is a cementary between Athens and Murchison I think it is called Ash Cementary. There was this one time my truck broke down and I had to walk past that cementary. In a corner of the cementar by the highway there was several knives stuck in a tree and they all had fresh blood on them. Two weeks later I rented a house between Murchison andBen Wheeler and in one of the bedroom closets there was 11 or 12 black hooded robes and 12 double edged knives that were blood stained and had human skull pictures engraved in the handle just like the ones in Ash Cementary. In the other bedroom there was a giant dark maroonish blackish stain on the wall that never would come off. where is fullers park?

Edited by joshm

ya'll mention Fullers Park in several discussions about Athens.I have lined in Athens 5 years and I never heard of Fullers Park before but there is a cementary between Athens and Murchison I think it is called Ash Cementary. There was this one time my truck broke down and I had to walk past that cementary. In a corner of the cementar by the highway there was several knives stuck in a tree and they all had fresh blood on them. Two weeks later I rented a house between Murchison andBen Wheeler and in one of the bedroom closets there was 11 or 12 black hooded robes and 12 double edged knives that were blood stained and had human skull pictures engraved in the handle just like the ones in Ash Cementary. In the other bedroom there was a giant dark maroonish blackish stain on the wall that never would come off. where is fullers park?

And did you notify the authorities? Maybe they could have solved a crime had you given them the "evidence"? :tu: You are now an accessory :no: ... maybe I should turn you in. I wonder if there is a cash reward...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oo, take any pictures?

• Like 1

I rented that house to him and I'm really glad he didn't look downstairs................ :lol:

• Like 1

bwahaha I love how the internet tailors your immediate viewing habits to the stuff they want to sell you. "Athens Homes" "Hooded Robes"-lol

:w00t:

• Like 1

WOW! I'm currently filming a documentary over the dark history of Athens, TX..... if the knives, robes, and red stain are real... YOU GOTTA LET ME DOCUMENT IT!!

• Like 1

Sorry, no one is going to rent out a house in that condition. Nice try.

That all depends on how ethical and responsible and industrious the landlord is.....or is not.

Welcome to UM joshm!

FULLER PARK does exist...... http://www.flickr.com/photos/special/5365690/ ..... :tu: ... enjoy.

Deep in the heart of Fuller Park (which isn't a real park at all but acres of woodland much like in the Blair Witch Project) there lies the graves of Mr and Mrs Fuller. Urban Legend would have you believe this ground is haunted. From the moment you step across the decaying brick fence, until the moment you (hopefully) exit. Whether the urban legend is based on any fact or not is not relevant.. what is relevant is that modern day Satan Worshippers take refuge here to perform their rituals. We found evidence of such yesterday. A poor dog gutted and lying across a pentagram. I smelled it shortly before I saw it but I did not dare venture too close to it. Weak stomach and all that. CC though.. she bounded right up to it and possibly even photographed it. I have not dared to pull her photos in yet.

No one really dares to enter the park in daylight.. and certainly not at night. Me though.. I'll do both and I am pretty sure I am insane for doing so. Even if the park isn't haunted.. it has a bad element running around in it sometimes.. particularly at night. It certainly isn't the smartest thing to do to journey into it in small numbers. I fear the satan worshippers more than I'd fear the urban legend. Though I will tell you that there is an acre of the land that is always cold.. no matter the weather. You have but to step onto the first spot to get cold chills.. and retreat back a few paces to have them subside. If you are brave enough to journey on you will find the remnants of what was once long ago a private zoo. Monkey cages. Reaching the monkey cages is supposedly a sign of bravery in these parts.

Fuller Park has over 200 years of witchcraft.

something else interesting:

Mr Fuller's tombstone reads "for twenty five years Pastor of Athens Baptist Church" yet that church has no record of him having been Pastor. In fact, there's no record of the Fullers in any athens historical document.

"Everyone here knows that Athens lies in the beltbuckle of the Baptist belt.But how many of you know its roots are anchored in Witchery 2 centuries old?Over these 200 years it has been layered with generation upon generation of witchcraft that has left many marks upon our city.And a curse that has yet to be lifted.Over time thier has come to be 5 stone markers that from an aerial view marks the points of a pentagram.The stones are unlike any rock found anywhere near Athens and are a mystery in and of themselves.Though Penecostal and Baptist churches line our streets,Magic and witchery prevails.Fuller Park bears one of these stones and it has been said that the Fullers themselves laid it with thier own hands.

The stone in Fuller Park marks the entrance to the tunnels that run underground connecting the points of the pentagram.The Fullers originally built the park for the wealthy citizens to enjoy and even installed monkey cages to amuse the rich.It is said that the Fullers haunt the park to this day,disgusted with the way the park has fallen to disarray and neglect.Thier labor of love forsaken by the future generations.So they walk the park as specters and will not rest untill the park is restored to its former glory.It is also said that whjen the moon is rising full,like tonight,you can hear the freed monkeys running wild and screeching for the Fullers to feed them.You can hear them,but never see them."

"What you dont hear about are the tunnels and the horrific incident that they housed.How in the early 40's a small band of religious zealots forced a group of people that were known to witches into the tunnel and locked them in the tunnels to perish of starvation.Once they were dead they returned to cleanse the tunnels by fire.What they didnt know was not all of the coven was contained inside the tunnels.Three men remained outside the tunnels and were unsuspected of thier witchery.These men were very prominent in society.One was a Truant Officer,one a Masonite and another a well known carpenter.These men were incensed by the treachery of these "Men of God".They grouped together and began compliling research on evocation and worked the rest of thier natural lives digging up arcane rituals.They passed this all down to the next generation until in the early 80's it came down to a young man named Todd Talbert.He finished the work the men had started and came up with the end rite to be preformed.Todd Tolbert was a handsome popular man of 20 who had a steady job as a groundskeeper at the Country Club.He was also well known as a devout Satanist.He took magic to its darkest place.In 1982 Tood preformed the ritual in his workshed at the Country Club.An eerie red glow oozed between the slats of the makeshift door to the workshop.One by one he drew out the souls of the poor perished people of the tunnels and greeted them with a sneering smile.He set them forth to punish the ancestors of those responsible for thier deaths.Many of whom didnt even know what thier forefathers had done.One by one the ancestors died or were commited to the local nut house."

"One week later,on Halloween, Todd Talbert was killed in a car wreck on monkey road.The passenger thrown clear through the passenger side window." s The old lady finished.It was then a movement by the old oak caught her eye.

"Todd,is that you?" she called out

"Of course Mother,who else" a voice replied from behind the group.

Edited by NME_locus

• 3 weeks later...

Umm... a question for you... How can the graves of Fuller Park be 200 years old when texas itself wasn't dubbed a state untill 1821? I can see maybe the area of Fuller Park inviolved in 'witchcraft' but that wouldn't actually be witchcraft, it would have been Native American rituals (Rights of passage for instance.)

I am unaffected by the claim of the park being haunted, although I could understand the fear of being murder by satanist and I woudl completly understand a negative feel to the area by anyone who has read the stories, take a group of people to see the "park" some who have heard stories and others who haven't, then take a poll on positive feel, neutral feel, or egative feel to the area and then lets talk about thier findings.

Texas came under Mexican rule in 1821. The former ruler was Spain, which had ruled Mexico since 1521.

In 1836, Texas became a republic.

In 1845 it became a U.S. state.

So, a grave 200 years old dating back to the Spanish rule would not be so unusual. Spain established missions throughout the Southwest, including southern California, more than 200 years ago.

As for the spooky story, I don't buy it. Sounds like a campfire story, meant to chill folks.

And study the above historical notes. Never know when Gatofeo might give a Pop Quiz! Finals are in three weeks! <grin>

Haha, must have read the history site wrong when I was half asleep lol, my bad. But yeah. I don't believe that there woudlb e a grave with a tombstone still up with readable name or date on it.

bwahaha I love how the internet tailors your immediate viewing habits to the stuff they want to sell you. "Athens Homes" "Hooded Robes"-lol

:w00t:

And "steak knives," too LOL. That's the best.

I don't know if any of this is true, but it's great Friday night drunk reading.

Edited by texasgirlheather
  • Like 1

Fullers Park is being cleared out from the last I hear, and cleaned up quite a bit.

What did you do about the knives, etc... ??

All righty then.

And "steak knives," too LOL. That's the best.

I don't know if any of this is true, but it's great Friday night drunk reading.

I really need some people to talk about this fuller park...

" this fuller park" ... lady bone you live in athens, why do you talk like it doesn't exist ?

There are 17th and 18th Century tombstones in New England graveyards where the inscriptions are still quite readable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

where is athens? ill have to look it up on map quest........

with the knives in the tree, robes in the closet sounds pretty evil..

when i was growing up in denton texas there were some fields and woods out of town that wernt to safe to venture into after dark becuase of satanic rituals. usually you could tell you were close to a site becuase after a sacrafise, they would hang dead dogs in trees along the roadway....

redeye, do a search on yahoo for zip code 75751. That's Athens, Tx. zip, then take it from there. Good Luck

where is athens? ill have to look it up on map quest........

with the knives in the tree, robes in the closet sounds pretty evil..

when i was growing up in denton texas there were some fields and woods out of town that wernt to safe to venture into after dark becuase of satanic rituals. usually you could tell you were close to a site becuase after a sacrafise, they would hang dead dogs in trees along the roadway....

Going east out of Dallas it is closer to DFW than Louisiana and a bit south. I'd say it's 60 miles or so east of DFW. It's a beautiful area. I have friends and relatives in the area and have never heard of this stuff. In fact, my families been around there so long that my Great, Great, Great Grandpa is buried in a cemetery not too far north of there. If I was relocating today, to any place I wanted to live, the Athens area is one I'd strongly consider.

IMO, and no offense kid.. I'd keep as far away from Henderson County. Athens is Henderson County's heart. No one likes Henderson County, unless of course; if they have grown up with it when the town was setting it's roots. Personally, if you think if Dallas is bad,it's twice as bad in Athens... most of the cops are rejected from Dallas, come here... of course they're crooked which is why they are rejects. Better have a well known and very respectable name to get reliable health care with in Athens, and personally out of everyone I know, we rather go to Tyler if we need serious help besides needing a prescription wrote for a common antibiotic. After all, who really wants to go to ANY hospital with simple cold symptoms and die a week later (known to happen more than a "few" times mind you.) Don't plan on finding a lawyer who doesn't have a hidden agenda in case if you ever need one, my suggestions are *go to a NEW lawyer within the town to get some decent help unless if you have a lot ( I mean A LOT) of money to waste on simple basic laws, once again of course unless if you have a well respected and highly valuable name. Athens is beautiful, Athens also has a loop, in which... again IMO... didn't need it wasted use of tax dollars. I've met a lot of people who've moved here from Dallas, and not many of them care about Athens.