Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did Egyptians Vote for Islamic state?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,215 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-20834904

Well, as I expected, the new constitution in Egypt appears to have been approved - not officially but all indications are that it will be.  So what is next?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,682 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

at a guess destruction of the sphinx etc because they are are insult to Islam, Sharia, strongarming their neighbours, less girls in school, more atrocities on the streets, eventual condemnation and involvement of foreign powers, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Through elections, 18.9% of Egypt's potential voters (.63 * .30) are imposing Sharia law on all Egyptians.   And that's with the irregularities and accepting the state media reports.  Democracy is so overrated.    Democracy and "stability" both.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,215 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 December 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

at a guess destruction of the sphinx etc because they are are insult to Islam, Sharia, strongarming their neighbours, less girls in school, more atrocities on the streets, eventual condemnation and involvement of foreign powers, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.
Maybe not just yet WoH - at least we can hope not.  The movement was real in February.  It was an expression of a desire to be free and somewhat more closely associated with western ideals, I think.  At any rate I think Morsi's bunch isn't in for a cake walk.  Egyptians are a proud and significantly educated people and they have seen what is happening in Syria as well as how the world is reacting to it.  I think they may see this as a last chance for many years to actually breathe more freely and have some hope.  Time will tell.  I wish them the best.

#5    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Peace is not so common in the arab nations, it never was. They were all against each other all the time. Somehow I think that they need a change, but it's their religion, that destroys them from advancing to a better civilization. It's the barbaricness in them, they must go to war, perhaps it's because it's been like that since the beginning and it has never changed. So they are all acustom to war. It's sad to see civilisations like these that fail to uplift themselve to become better people. The only thing best to do is to stay out of their way, mind our own business and let them all take down each other, because that is their fate.

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#6    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 December 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Grow up please! Islam ruled and governed the region Under the caliphate system till 1917 from the 7th century. If Islam propagated destroying temples, pyramids, statues, sphinx etc, then you there would have been no sign of them today! So don't be so sensationalist you sound like Fox news!

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,215 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostLion6969, on 28 December 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Grow up please! Islam ruled and governed the region Under the caliphate system till 1917 from the 7th century. If Islam propagated destroying temples, pyramids, statues, sphinx etc, then you there would have been no sign of them today! So don't be so sensationalist you sound like Fox news!
I didn't know the Taliban were real Baptists :w00t:  Seriously though, Lion, I understand what you're saying but how do you explain the destruction of the Buddha's in Afghanistan?  Part of Sharia is a rule against idols right?  And spokesmen for the MB have already mentioned getting rid of these "idols" (pyramids)  Those don't just belong to Egypt - they belong to the world, just like the other "wonders".

#8    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Postand then, on 28 December 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

I didn't know the Taliban were real Baptists :w00t:  Seriously though, Lion, I understand what you're saying but how do you explain the destruction of the Buddha's in Afghanistan?  Part of Sharia is a rule against idols right?  And spokesmen for the MB have already mentioned getting rid of these "idols" (pyramids)  Those don't just belong to Egypt - they belong to the world, just like the other "wonders".

Oh the Taliban, that American creation to fight the russian might, ;)

What happened in afghanistan was done by nut cases Taliban or who ever did it. Islam ruled India the most pagan place on the planet and ruled afghanistan for about a 1000 years, nothing was destroyed in either place, it's a myth! What the Taliban did was wrong that action does not represent Islam or shariah!

#9    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostLion6969, on 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

What happened in afghanistan was done by nut cases Taliban or who ever did it. Islam ruled India the most pagan place on the planet and ruled afghanistan for about a 1000 years, nothing was destroyed in either place, it's a myth! What the Taliban did was wrong that action does not represent Islam or shariah!
What I read is basic anti-Americanism, if I remember right taliban were just too happy to get help from US to protect themselves from the soviets but hey then they started enforcing some silly rules like no education for girls and marriages a the age of 10... so yeah you're right.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#10    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostParacelse, on 28 December 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

What I read is basic anti-Americanism, if I remember right taliban were just too happy to get help from US to protect themselves from the soviets but hey then they started enforcing some silly rules like no education for girls and marriages a the age of 10... so yeah you're right.

Anti Americanism? Did I not state fact? The USA and Pakistan created the Taliban to take on the Russians. They dint need USA help they were coping before then, chechnyans face the same might of Russia and like Afghanistan they too fought them and still fight them.

As for the rest of your post.....it guess your a a prominent Fox news correspondent ;)

#11    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Problem is I don't watch news fox or any others.  I do read and make comments based on research, like I was thought to do.. but hey ... what do I care.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#12    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostParacelse, on 28 December 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Problem is I don't watch news fox or any others.  I do read and make comments based on research, like I was thought to do.. but hey ... what do I care.

Well your first comment really does not illustrate that....

#13    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostLion6969, on 28 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Well your first comment really does not illustrate that....
I always try to place myselt to the level of my interlocutor, which is not always easy.  I getting old I can't bent very low anymore.

République No.6

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,215 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostLion6969, on 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Then Sharia does not forbid the presence of idols?  I'm not trying to be argumentative - I'm just a bit confused.  I thought images of Muhammed and any other statues were strictly forbidden?

#15    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Saw some pictures from Tahrir (sp) Square today. Good luck Egypt. You guys are a shining example of what the rest of the world should be fighting for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users