Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gunman shoots Boston police officer

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

How about a trial first?

What is up with the naked man on cnn? Arrested and photo'd by fbi. "multiple departments" involved in arrest. Who was he? He  looked like suspect no1. Any news?

#32    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 19 April 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

How about a trial first?

What's that in reference to?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#33    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

He's been cornered in an apt building an explosion has been heard . A news crew from my area is on the scene .
They were just removed from the scene by cops with guns drawn . Wild stuff.
No one is sure if suspect is alive now . About three SWAT teams are on location .No air support tho ..

Miss me?

#34    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 April 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

He's been cornered in an apt building an explosion has been heard . A news crew from my area is on the scene .
No one is sure if suspect is alive now . About three SWAT teams are on location .No air support tho ..

I'm watching it live and no one on this news channel mentioned that he is confirmed to be in the building.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#35    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,076 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostStellar, on 19 April 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'm watching it live and no one on this news channel mentioned that he is confirmed to be in the building.
Not mentioned on CNN, there is live footage and no sign of any sign of a stand off

#36    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,076 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 April 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Heli support just arrived I think

#37    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 April 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Not mentioned on CNN, there is live footage and no sign of any sign of a stand off

Nyc pix news is on the scene. They think he's covered in bombs. There are three SWAT teams on the scene. They are pretty sure he was in there ,and they're still trying to enter.
Apparently one was a boxer ,and one was a wrestler . They've lived there for seven years at least ,and most of their friends are surprised .

. http://www.cougarboa...tml?id=10465049

Miss me?

#38    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostStellar, on 19 April 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

What's that in reference to?

Hilander. Sorry a post squeezed in before i replied.

Is the naked man arrested nothing to do with this case?

#39    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 19 April 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hilander. Sorry a post squeezed in before i replied.

Is the naked man arrested nothing to do with this case?
Poor guy is "co-lateral" and his nakedness now all over the world. A shame

#40    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 19 April 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Poor guy is "co-lateral" and his nakedness now all over the world. A shame

Any link? The cnn report i saw was a stand off with a man in a car for 30 min. They then ordered the man to strip, put him in a police car and had another man (in cuffs) identify him. The the fbi took him out the car and photographed him. Sounds like bombers or why would an innocent man have a 30 min stand off?

#41    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 19 April 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Any link? The cnn report i saw was a stand off with a man in a car for 30 min. They then ordered the man to strip, put him in a police car and had another man (in cuffs) identify him. The the fbi took him out the car and photographed him. Sounds like bombers or why would an innocent man have a 30 min stand off?
No, only a media report that this inocent man was arrested in error and then released. No name or anything. I guess there is a lot of tension and nerves at the moment, so an overreaction, while not pleasant for this guy, is understandable

#42    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,567 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

I read that the entire city and suburbs are under lock-down. I´m truly not trying to be insensitive here but seems a little extreme to me. What do you guys think?

Patrick said that residents in Boston, as well as surrounding areas of Watertown, Cambridge, Waltham and Belmont, should stay inside and only open the door to properly identified police officers.
The entire Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority has also been suspended to aid the massive police effort in locating the surviving suspect. Police have also asked that businesses remain closed until the man can be apprehended.

EDIT: I have never been to the area and don´t know the exact size of the area they have closed.

Edited by jugoso, 19 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#43    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Now they have choppers in the air,and search spreading. They don't have him ,and he's not dead ,aso far as I can tell. Lock down still on .
They have said,this is the first American suicide bombers . What did I say ...what did I say . No guns,means bombs .

Miss me?

#44    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,567 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 April 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Now they have choppers in the air,and search spreading. They don't have him ,and he's not dead ,aso far as I can tell. Lock down still on .
They have said,this is the first American suicide bombers . What did I say ...what did I say . No guns,means bombs .

Since when are there no guns?

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#45    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,075 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postjugoso, on 19 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I read that the entire city and suburbs are under lock-down. Im truly not trying to be insensitive here but seems a little extreme to me. What do you guys think?
Locking an entire suburb down is extreme, but not necessarily unwarranted. From what I can tell, the other suspect already caught had bombs strapped to his body. Keeping the suburb locked down achieves two things: 1- stops crowds from gathering, thus denying the suspect potential targets for a "glorious" end, and 2- it makes it impossible for the suspect to make a discreet getaway by blending into a crowd or driving one car among many, any person outside will be stopped and questioned by police.

If the suspect is still in the area, he will be found. Though if the suspect has the patience to bunker down, then short of getting warrants for every house in the neighbourhood public opinion will slowly turn against the idea.

Just my thoughts, anyway :)

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users