Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If the end is not near, what is?

Dr. D

Considering that by the year 2050, the earth will have 15 billion people with a deteriorating environment, how much longer can we survive? Science and technology have not, to date, been able to offer survival alternatives. Man has resembed a virus on this planet, contaminating it almost to the point that it cannot recuperate and all within the last 100 years.

How much longer can the earth survive us?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. D

• EtuMalku

• NeoGenesis

• lilmissdoomzday

We have 4 more years to live.

Is it 4 more years before we all become extinct because of our own way we use the environment.

Or 4 years left when something bad will happen.

Is it 4 more years before we all become extinct because of our own way we use the environment.

Or 4 years left when something bad will happen.

I think the reference was to the Dec. 23, 2012 final date on the Mayan calendar.

I think the reference was to the Dec. 23, 2012 final date on the Mayan calendar.

I understand now.

I have been looking at these predictions form the Mayans,Chinese,Nostradamus all predict Dec 23, 2012.Does put out a lot of questions, including that what I have seen some of these predictions actually came true. :huh:

I understand now.

I have been looking at these predictions form the Mayans,Chinese,Nostradamus all predict Dec 23, 2012.Does put out a lot of questions, including that what I have seen some of these predictions actually came true. :huh:

We are not certain by what means they arrived at a particular date but it had to be some astronomical reference. Some claim that on the Mayan calendar it indicates a change of the "ages" when we will pass into a new era. I find that a bit skeptical since other ages were recorded without offering a final date after which the calendar will no longer be functional.

The 12th planet Nibiru and it's moons will be entering our solar system as it does every 2 - 3000 years

The 12th planet Nibiru and it's moons will be entering our solar system as it does every 2 - 3000 years

Many Zecharia Sitchin disciples make this claim but there has been no evidence from observatories or space telescopes of anything relative to five times the size of earth being within a four-year proximity.

Considering that by the year 2050, the earth will have 15 billion people with a deteriorating environment, how much longer can we survive? Science and technology have not, to date, been able to offer survival alternatives. Man has resembed a virus on this planet, contaminating it almost to the point that it cannot recuperate and all within the last 100 years.

The Earth will survive another 5 billion years until it's engulfed by the sun. The Earth wont be destroyed by anything we do, but the human race might be. Chance are we'll wipe ourselves out in an unspectacular fashion then within a hundred years it'll be back to business on Earth, alot quieter than it was when we were around.

LOL!

Two posts that will always go hand in hand. Nibiru does not exist, and it'd be the 9th planet even if it did.

Something big is comming that's for sure even if it's only our mass and sudden extinction.

It's the biggest story in 3000 years. Not to be taken lightly

NO NO NO!

Makes me so furious, stop scaremongering. Every two to three thousand years? So which is it? Considering there is a chance that calculation is out by a third.

Well as to the topic at hand, in light of the fact that the world is not going to end in 2012, I think the global Birth/Death rate will eventually plateu with famine and disease and of course numerous wars and eventually the Death rate will simply exceed the birth rate, Nature will see to it that some sort of balance is maintained however horrible that method will be.

NO NO NO!

Makes me so furious, stop scaremongering. Every two to three thousand years? So which is it? Considering there is a chance that calculation is out by a third.

Well as to the topic at hand, in light of the fact that the world is not going to end in 2012, I think the global Birth/Death rate will eventually plateu with famine and disease and of course numerous wars and eventually the Death rate will simply exceed the birth rate, Nature will see to it that some sort of balance is maintained however horrible that method will be.

I agree fully to what you are saying.Could not think of a better explanation

Its the biggest story in 3000 years not to be taken lightly.

No offense.This sounds like a thing that only hippies dream up.Do you have actual proof of this illusive planet of yours.

As for the quote if this is such a big story why is it not on the news.

I am not a skeptic.I only go by proof and hard FACT nothing more nothing less. :sm

there is proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AmdazwAcgw

Nasa is watching nibiru with it's planet-x tracker in the south pole you can only see it in southern areas of the world but by 2009 everyone will be able to see it with their naked eye.

there are photos just do a little research

This really kicks the door down of my Fortress of fact.I am truly stunned. :wacko:

well then wait a little while until you can see it then

Certainly not another 2008 years.

Maybe not even 500 years.

Which brings up questions, what are we doing about it?

Certainly not another 2008 years.

Maybe not even 500 years.

Which brings up questions, what are we doing about it?

Absolutely nothing! You can thank the worlds governments for that. They are too caught up in competing against each other.

For most of our species history we've had a struggle to keep our population UP. This is why there's such a heavy emphasis on reproduction in all the ancient traditional religions. At present we have a choice between controlling our population, extinguishing each other in a catastrophic war, or dying in droves in an epidemic because we've too densely populated. Unfortunately, the world religions are not willing to accommodate the fact that there are too many of us, and they keep pressuring everyone to reproduce over and over ad infinitum. Part of this is political-- more believers makes a religious establishment more powerful, and most people practice the religion of their parents. It's also due to the fact that religions focus on tradition (ie-the past) rather than the future.

If we don't learn to fit into a world of limited resources the ecosystem's natural balance will reassert itself by eliminating us. Unfortunately, I think that's what's most likely to happen.

I don't think all of the other species will be eliminated, though. There are many biological niches that are not immediately linked to human habits. Huge parts of the ocean, various valleys which are shielded by mountain ranges and their distance from humanity. Also, some species are more tolerant of extreme conditions and would still be around even if our pollution killed us off.

Obviously, the best course would be to take responsibility for our population and to integrate appreciation for ecology into world religion.

So. When the world does not end in 2012. And no great happening happens and life goes on. What date will you folks fixate on next? 2020?

So. When the world does not end in 2012. And no great happening happens and life goes on. What date will you folks fixate on next? 2020?

We have enough resources to live for at least more than another century...2150 maybe?

well then wait a little while until you can see it then

The loose and easily challenged translations of Sitchen have produced this scenario and he has assembled a host of disciples to his theory. In reality, he borrowed heavily from Emmanuel Velikovsky but the difference is that Velikovsky was a legitimate scholar with international studies in a broad spectrum of disciplines. Velikovsky recognized the old Sumerian tales for what they were and referred to the ancient gods as being simply gods and not fanciful representations of planets.

The uncountable errors of Sitchen's translations has brought the wrath of world scholars and have been proven time and time again. No amount of videos with computer enhancements can alter the reality that a man with an idea turned it into a literary goldmine.

The earth will be here long after we are gone. If people would try to understand that, they might have more respect and fear for themselves and for the earth...