Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Deadliest ever US sniper killed

chris kyle sniper rough creek lodge us navy seal

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#121    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

You cannot have a society where individuals make personal decisions which wars their nation is involved in are legitimate and which are not.

Well, obviously you can -- the US has become such a society.  I can see vigorous argument, but once the soldiers are on the lines, they must be wholeheartedly supported back home.

Well this is how it seems to a foreigner.

#122    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Were you born this way...or did you acuire it from watching CNN and listening to Liberal professors?
I don't watch CNN and I don't listen to Liberal professors.
I am just stating my opinion. And I believe i'm entitled to my opinion.
It is sad he died and I feel sorry for  his family.
But I don't understand how he can be hailed as a Hero.

#123    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,514 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

A sniper eliminates collateral damage. Would you rather they bomb the area killing 20 or 30 people or have a sniper take out the one person that was the target?

#124    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ironically it was the US who supplied him with a lot of weapons and it was also the US who put Saddam in power of Iraq. He didn't play their game when they wanted him out, hence the war.

What weapons?

You know the ones from when we pushed Iraq into a war with Iran... That's when we where still in charge of Saddam. Hence why he was so angry when we wanted him out of power.

That is not an answer...

There was the exact same evidence the hijackers had met with CIA... So what does that telly ou?

What evidence?

Gotta love this bit:
That's gone now, I can't find it, but there was articles on it before.

Yeah I bet you can not. Again, no answer.

I was merely pointing out that Bush admitted it was false.

Link?

I already gave you a link for that, he admitted there was no WMD's and the information was wrong.

You changed the question and provided nothing.

it was also the US who put Saddam in power of Iraq

You like making up your own facts? You Better get on wikipedia quick and fix his rise to power.

Just show me some links...

There was no clear response to this question...

But it is obvious that you have no real interest in true debate. It is seemingly all a big joke to you and have conveniently ignored the preponderance of evidence. I am all for a constructive and intelligent debate but you offer very little. If you wish to continue this PM me. I will not respond to you here.

#125    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,118 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

You cannot have a society where individuals make personal decisions which wars their nation is involved in are legitimate and which are not.

Well, obviously you can -- the US has become such a society.  I can see vigorous argument, but once the soldiers are on the lines, they must be wholeheartedly supported back home.

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Absolutely correct.  And if the war they are fighting is utterly fraudulent, illegal and immoral, the folks "back home" must petition their government to end the illegal war.  THAT is supporting the troops.

Being a cheerleader for illegal government actions IS NOT supporting the troops.

#126    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 05 February 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

You should read some of the comments of General Smedly Butler.  Sorry for no link.  He told it like it was.

"War is a racket." Butler was a patriotic hero who won two Medals of Honor, the only American to do so. As if that wasn't enough, he stopped a fascist coup of our country after he learned that a cabal of rich men plotted to install a dictatorship that would be favorable to "banksters", robber barons, etc.. We could use a modern version of this man.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#127    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,956 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 05 February 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

2. If not then whats happening to our top Seals ? Seal commander commits suicide....Top seal sniper now murdered....

Add the Seal Team Six members who died in a helicopter crash. I'm not claiming that these crimes and tragedies are linked. It might help to look at past patterns of such events. Then, you could learn how anomalous they are in comparison.

#128    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,344 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 06 February 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

"War is a racket." Butler was a patriotic hero who won two Medals of Honor, the only American to do so. As if that wasn't enough, he stopped a fascist coup of our country after he learned that a cabal of rich men plotted to install a dictatorship that would be favorable to "banksters", robber barons, etc.. We could use a modern version of this man.

His name is Ron Paul.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#129    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,344 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 06 February 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

Add the Seal Team Six members who died in a helicopter crash. I'm not claiming that these crimes and tragedies are linked. It might help to look at past patterns of such events. Then, you could learn how anomalous they are in comparison.

Chris Kyle talked about knowing some Seals who were or knew members of Six Team.  It was three months between the killing of OBL and the chopper crashing killing 22 Seal Team Six members. Mr. Kyle could have heard this info before the crash.  He is a Seal  I'm sure his poker face came natural.

#130    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,344 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 05 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Absolutely correct.  And if the war they are fighting is utterly fraudulent, illegal and immoral, the folks "back home" must petition their government to end the illegal war.  THAT is supporting the troops.

Being a cheerleader for illegal government actions IS NOT supporting the troops.

And that, my friend, is why I joined this board.  To protest the hatred my GOV in Canada and other western GOV's direct toward foreign nations.  I had aspired to travel to the ME since I was a kid.  That dream is gone because of pre-emptive war to defend 'my' freedom?

#131    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,956 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postacidhead, on 06 February 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

His name is Ron Paul.

I thought about him too. He wasn't a Medal of Honor winner, though. That kind of war experience would add even more clout and weight to his comments. I realize that Paul was a flight surgeon, but Butler's record added even more heft to his statements.

#132    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,344 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 06 February 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

I thought about him too. He wasn't a Medal of Honor winner, though. That kind of war experience would add even more clout and weight to his comments. I realize that Paul was a flight surgeon, but Butler's record added even more heft to his statements.

True.  Eisenhower was a great man too, imo.

But at the end of the day liberty is not won by one man acting alone with his followers.  Freedom is achieved when each individual acts upon his own personal liberty as long as it doesn't infringe on the private property of other.  This means treat each individual, other than yourself, the way you would want to be treated by another individual infringing on your personal property.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army"

Edited by acidhead, 06 February 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#133    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostCoffey, on 05 February 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

No they are fighting for their families lives and their beliefs...

Also that is a really stupid thing to say. You think they are all suicide bombers running at our military? LOL

They are fighting normally 98% of the time. :whistle:

That's not what I said, I said not all of them were fighting for their lives.

Your sympathy for this terrorist organisation is disturbing. Let's not forget they kill innocent people in countries all over the world. Innocent people who had no say in the things that their governments done to p*** these guys off.

#134    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 06 February 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Your sympathy for this terrorist organisation is disturbing. Let's not forget they kill innocent people in countries all over the world. Innocent people who had no say in the things that their governments done to p*** these guys off.

I have no sympathy for a terrorist organization. Don't twist what I say.

I have understanding though, something thta makes me a human being. I understand the reasons. I see it from both sides, not brainwashed by our media.

What did all the Afghanistan children and women do to deserve this then? How are they not innocent?

During Iraq and Afghanistan the highest casualties have been Civilians. (that's Afghanistan and Iraq civilians by the way....)

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#135    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

another good reason not to be the worlds policeman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users