Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

:tu: Is anyone going to see the new movie,The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter?
This was originally a book,and then a stage play in London.The movie from the ads on tv looks really spooky.
And speaking of ads, can't wait to watch the ones for the Superbowl Sunday.Audie Cars has one which is a parody of the Twilight movies,.Don't want to give it away, but it is funny.

#2    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Watch the trailer......... Look at the very end of it, where Daniel  is at the window... Now that gave me the chills...   I jumped  lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#3    ThatAndyGuy

ThatAndyGuy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Anything has a chance to exist until it's proven otherwise..

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

I saw this film at the cinema the other week and enjoyed it thoroughly! I saw the theatre performance of The Woman In Black a few years ago and was really impressed by how spine chilling the story was. I was hesitant about seeing the film as I never thought it could top the play, but it came very close! Great thriller movie that succeeded in creating that "watch through your fingers" atmosphere that only good ghost stories can achieve! I must admit that due to the 12 age certificate and the obvious Harry Potter link, the cinema was full of screaming young teens who were asked to be quiet various times by fellow audience members and staff. They spoilt the occasional scene, but the film itself was fantastic and very enjoyable :)

Posted Image

Please check out my band here :)        Or add me on MySpace here :)

#4    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

I just watched it last night......Pros -  It removed the Harry Potter vision. Daniel  Radclife was good not oncer did I think of Harry Potter. ... They seemed to focus  more on making you jump and it does.....Cons -  Story was bland...and that's me putting it politely..  It was a story that had no real thought added  what so ever

If anyone reading  who values a good ghost story...do not go wasting your money on this one.. wait for the DVD or when it comes on TV ....

I was very disappointed in the storyline ..It left me thinking - why bother?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#5    Wonderdoodler

Wonderdoodler

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I felt the same way. I took my three young children(who frequent horror movies) to see this. My 7 yr old fell asleep half way through. I fell asleep too, until near the end when the teenie boppers started screaming. I summed it up as; Harry Potter goes to a scary house, and every once in a while a scary face pops out to make everyone scream. The only good part I thought was the end. But I won't spoil it for those that think they have to see this. I'll give it this, Daniel Radcliffe did play a really good part. But, like was said, the story line.. well, I'm not even really sure what the story line was, let's put it that way. Think of the movie paranormal activity only with a bigger budget and not filmed from a handheld camera. Lots of dull moments and an occasional weird face popping out to make you jump.

#6    Pink Cadillac

Pink Cadillac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

• Goodbye Sober Day...
    The years grew wings and flew away.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Was totally excited for this! Waited ages for it to come out, heard how 'terrifying' it was etc. I honestly didn't even flinch once. I'm not going to say it was a bad movie, but the acting was wooden, the scares were cheap and the storyline was weak, especially the intensely confusing ending.
The scenery was amazing though! And it did have it's little good bits. Wouldn't recommend, though,.

-Now I'm dulled by excess,

and a cynic at best.

#7    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

The film is only good in bits, the estate provided an atmosphere that was mildly thrilling to put it at best. CGI apparitions have never worked in horror films (an actor and/or traditional SPFX wizardry would have been an improvement). Otherwise, pretty run-of-the-mill, rather straightforward without any substantial real backstory or mystery.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#8    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

This Is The First Time I Hear Of This Movie .. Trailer Looks Interesting .. I'll Def Watch It .. Although I Donno How Convinced I Will Be Watching Daniel Radcliffe In Any Other Movies Other Than Harry Potter ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#9    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,006 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

I found this movie to be quite boring. Nothing happens for the first 30 min or so and when it does, I still didn't care. I liked a few of the scenes, notable the ghost hanging herself, but over all I thought it was a pretty bland film.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#10    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I really like the book and absolutely love the play, but I don't feel particularly moved to see the film (I'm a bit precious about the changes that have been made). Still, it's nice to see Hammer making movies again!

Edited by schizoidwoman, 23 March 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#11    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

My favorites of the genre remain

The Uninvited (1944) adapted from 'Uneasy Freehold' by Dorothy Macardle
The Innocents (1961) adapted from 'Turn Of The Screw' by Henry James
The Haunting (1963) adapted from 'The Haunting of Hill House' by Shirley Jackson
Legend Of Hell House (1973) adapted from 'Hell House' by Richard Matheson
Full Circle (1977) adapted from 'Julia' by Peter Straub (where's the DVD already!)

On a lower tier:

The Amityville Horror (1979) adapted from the Jay Anson book
The Changeling (1980)
The Entity (1981) adapted from the Frank De Felitta book

And there is the original Woman In Black (1989) which has one pretty scary scene but its reputation is quite overrated imo.

I want to see the play! I hear it is the most awesome experience!

Edited by dside, 25 March 2012 - 01:17 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#12    xlizen

xlizen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

It had way too many jump scares. I did enjoy the creepy atmosphere though.

I am not running away from you, I am running away from that beast behind you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users