Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Judge rules on human rights of paedophiles

sarahs law paedophiles human rights

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 25 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

It is a shame it could well happen..scary thought too

I have been with my husband  just over 17 years ... His aunt  May  practically raised him  ( so to speak ..weekends, holidays )... He was 100 %  loyal to her and trusted in her... I too trusted this woman and a few of his family members...In saying that  there was something about her I didn't like.. she was moody at times and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.. but the woman  loves to dominate and boss you around...My husband  wore rose tinted glasses ..

You need to pay a visit to the Police station BM.

You also need to take the kid to the GP for a couple of councilling sessions. The kid may or may not need them but its best to play safe in these situations.

#47    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostBling, on 25 October 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Paedophiles can be family members, trusted friends of the family....anyone. We can't escape it.....if it's going to happen, but we can give the victims and perpetrators the help they need to recover from their experiences.

A paedophile requires three things -
1. Sexual attraction to children.
2. Doesnt care about the impact on the child.
3. Has a disregard for the law.

Sociopaths engage in sexually deviant behaviours which may include paedophillia.

#48    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 25 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

A paedophile requires three things -
1. Sexual attraction to children.
2. Doesnt care about the impact on the child.
3. Has a disregard for the law.

Sociopaths engage in sexually deviant behaviours which may include paedophillia.

Not all sociopaths are paedos and not all paedos are sociopaths.

#49    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

can i point out a stupidity of the system as it stands .i work every day with sex offenders of every type .at the moment to get on the "register"is very easy at least once a month i get handed a piece of paper to tell someone in prison for murder,robbery ,gbh ect that he is no longer allowed to see his children why?.
well 2 main reasons firstly because when he was 16 he fell out with his 15 year old girlfriend who then told her parents they had sex and he received a caution this puts him on the sex offenders register and makes him a danger to children ?
on other occasions he was 16 and had a fight with a 15 year old who lost the fight so reported him again a caution was given ,but this apparently makes him a danger to his own children .
if we are going to hammer paedos as it is put can we at least as a society get it straight what one is .

#50    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

I think he gave up his rights when he commited the crime,He or they should have no rights .There are a few close by and they "KNOW they will be delt with" if they do anything wrong,heck if they so much as look the wrong way they will become a Missing Person File.I have NO RESPECT for idiots like that.

#51    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,139 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hows that?

Most of us arent criminals.

Because you must protect the human rights for all. And as soon as you stop protecting the human rights of criminals, several things happen, including:

You denigrate the society as a whole. The measure of a society is how it treats its criminals.
You make civil disobedience extremely difficult. Civil disobedience is our responsibility when confronted with unjust laws.
You make it very easy for the gov't to control anyone it wants. Speeding? Smoked a joint? Ran a red light? Jaywalked? How would you like to lose your civil rights for those things? You must protect the rights of criminals to ultimately protect your own rights. That does not mean that they cannot be incarcerated or otherwise tried and sentenced via due process. What it means is that convicted criminals retain the status of "human being" and are still entitled (GASP! he said "entitled!") to certain human rights.

It also means that a criminal regains CERTAIN CIVIL rights after he/she has served their time.

#52    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

I'm a grandmother, who as a child, was raped by my father, a Mason, a mininster, a leader of the community . Many of my friends endured sexual abuse by fathers, mininsters and teachers. Boy Scout leaders.

My grandson, who is my heart, is serving 3 to 10 for raping his 9 year old sister when he was age 14. He will probably be on the sexual offender's registry the rest of his life. When I was 32, a 17 year old boy raped me. Then I was raped by the system, much worse than the few thusts into me from that child.

My opinion should be respected. Every time a child is abducted, such as in the Ridgeway case, a ten year old girl found dismembered, they waste time going after those on the sexual registry.  Emotionally, those on the registry are hated, but look at the facts: only about 3% of offenders reoffend. Espectially children, such as my grandson.  Who will be labeled the rest of his life.

There are many fators involved in every legal case, a story and salvation, espectially of children. The sexual offenders registry lumps together kids who make a mistake and will be know for it the rest of their lives with real paediphals. Socity must stop making laws and honoring the football couch. The Priests. Much better to create a society where children are the supreme. Everyone take care of the kids, and everything balances.

The Nazi's created a registration for the Jews. THINK. What does a sexual registry do except destroy all possibility of a normal life to the register? Why not register those who abuse children? Murderers? They serve their time, are released and I reley on my own instincts  (and neighbor's gossip) to keep safe myself and children.

Any registry is against human rights. Watch out. It could be you.

#53    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 25 October 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

BM, you are right a mother can sense if a child is making something up or is telling the truth. What Becky had to go through is horrid! The betrayal of trust makes it even worse, and you did right. Children's safety must always come first.

I agree a child safety should come first at all times...   If I never showed her any concern and I did what so many parents have done and got angry with her for saying it was a member of her dad's family...she would likely grow up not trusting us and may resent us as parents... These things do happen...   I have assured her many times that I will defend her and help her when I can see she is truthful...  Overall she is a happy kid and very fun loving.. thank goodness that didn't go away..

View Postglorybebe, on 25 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

It is such a betrayal to find out one of your family members would do this to your child.  My sister was very abusive to my daughter, but, I was wrong and listened to my sister...until my daughter was blamed for something that was just so bizarre that I lost it and had a long talk with my girl.  I no longer talk to any of my family because of the abuse I suffered as a child and what my daughter was having directed at her.  Just because they are family does not mean they are not toxic.  We are so much happier without them in our lives.  Remeber that saying: you can choose your friends, your family you are born with.

They are not my family members..well technically they are because I am married to their nephew...but I never call them family...His aunt was good to Becky and took her out to fun places and at times I could tell Becky loved it... But when times pushed on  and Becky was a little older, she was more stand offish and started to tell us that she didn't want to go to May's house  and she declined  allowing Linzi to take her out for the day too..That's when my alarm bells first started ringing...  It was only a matter of time before it all came to the surface ... .If it hadn't of been for me trusting  my daughter and Garys mother  ( Beckys grandmother )  Becky I am sure would have been at a loss..  It was Garys mom that set Gary straight and told him some truths.. We got it all sorted in the end.. Becky knows she can trust us and she know that she can feel confident going to us with any problem...She is a happy child and I never want that to change...

View Postspud the mackem, on 25 October 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

You did brilliant ! I wasn't treated well by my Aunts and Uncles when I was a kid, but when I grew up I just walked past them in the street,and ignored them,and it sure hurt them more than it did me as my Father told me I shouldn't treat them that way,and when I told him why,we fell out as he wouldn't believe me. They've all gone now and I have no regrets.

Thank you..I am proud that I did listen and take some action.... I felt more proud when Becky said to me.. Thank you mommy,  you are always on my side and now you have my daddy on my side too..  When she said that to me  I felt good and was glad  that my little girl trusted us and became more confident ... I think what so many parents fail to do is listen properly and look out for warning signs

View PostBling, on 25 October 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Who says Paedophiles are Sociopaths?

Paedophiles are everything we know of..  Not all are sociopaths, but some can be..   You can't spot one as easy.. They are - Your teachers, your CEO's, your priests, neighbors, your family members, baby sitters,business men and women,  your average Joe's and Jane's ..Point is they can be anyone ..  But you are correct, being a sociopath  does not mean  they are molesters..it is hard to pin point  them...

View PostMr Right Wing, on 25 October 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

You need to pay a visit to the Police station BM.

You also need to take the kid to the GP for a couple of councilling sessions. The kid may or may not need them but its best to play safe in these situations.

I took action...Got it sorted..  The girl  ( Linzi ) went to counselling and begun to receive treatment.. It turns out she was having problems that not many of us knew about.. His aunt is well into her 70's now and we just keep our distance.. It has been 2 years since, and Becky  is now a happy, fun loving 7 year old and she doesn't really remember much..  I like things as they are now ..The main thing is, she trusts us and she knows she can reach out to  us when she needs to..  I am glad I did what I did...and Becky feels secure around her mom and dad... That's what I want and  when I see her happy and full of fun, doing well at school, teachers commenting on how happy and positive she is in class, and mixing well with her little friends.. .that is good enough for me

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#54    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

What  always got me with so many of the paedophiles is..  ( apart from the obvious  )  the murder.. Many have murdered their little victims leaving them in some ditch  or hidden elsewhere...They do what they desire with the child, then kill them... It is too twisted for words to describe how sick and sad that really is

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#55    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 26 October 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Because you must protect the human rights for all. And as soon as you stop protecting the human rights of criminals, several things happen, including:

You denigrate the society as a whole. The measure of a society is how it treats its criminals.
You make civil disobedience extremely difficult. Civil disobedience is our responsibility when confronted with unjust laws.
You make it very easy for the gov't to control anyone it wants. Speeding? Smoked a joint? Ran a red light? Jaywalked? How would you like to lose your civil rights for those things? You must protect the rights of criminals to ultimately protect your own rights. That does not mean that they cannot be incarcerated or otherwise tried and sentenced via due process. What it means is that convicted criminals retain the status of "human being" and are still entitled (GASP! he said "entitled!") to certain human rights.

It also means that a criminal regains CERTAIN CIVIL rights after he/she has served their time.

You actually believe if you dont protect the rights of criminals it degenrates society?

Civil disobediance is unacceptable - We live in a Democracy and if you dont agree with the laws or policies of Government you either stand in elections yourself or have a peaceful demonstration. If you want to try a London Riot you deserve what you get.
Speeding, smoking a joint and running red lights - Something you are missing about these is that they are crimes not your personal right.

I'm shocked by your reply, nope, stunned. I have you down as an extreme yellow belly liberal with no clue as to why society needs rules and laws. I dont understand why you're defending paedos and I'm not going to make any accusations as to why but I will say 99% of people do not agree with you.

The state should lynch its paedos never mind release them and require them to be on a register.

#56    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,139 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

You actually believe if you dont protect the rights of criminals it degenrates society?

ABSOLUTELY.

But it's not so much about what I believe, it's about what history has shown us.

Civil disobediance is unacceptable - We live in a Democracy and if you dont agree with the laws or policies of Government you either stand in elections yourself or have a peaceful demonstration.

Our founding fathers felt very differently. As did Ghandi, Martin Luther King, and everyone who has ever refused to comply with an unjust law.

If you want to try a London Riot you deserve what you get.

Your comment leads me to believe that you don't understand what civil disobedience is.

Speeding, smoking a joint and running red lights - Something you are missing about these is that they are crimes not your personal right.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Those things are "crimes." But it is fair to say that almost everyone does at least one of those things in their lifetime. I can add Jaywalking and littering to that as well. If you begin to deny convicted criminals their human rights, and then refuse to reapply SOME of their CIVIL rights after they have served their sentence, you put the very foundation of our representative republic in harm's way.

I have you down as an extreme yellow belly liberal.......the state should lynch its paedos never mind release them and require them to be on a register.

Usually the same people who like to characterize people who defend civil liberties as "yellow belly" are the same who are in favor of eliminating due process and the rule of law, so I'm not surprised by your above statement.

Our justice system is weighted in favor of the accused for some very good reasons, the summation of which is that it is better for many guilty murderers to go free than for the gov't to have an easy time of convicting an innocent person.
This is the price of living in our free society.

And I guess I have to say it again, as sometimes people have a difficult time understanding a complex idea.... I'm not defending pedophiles, I'm defending all of us. I realize that it is easier to demonize and slander someone who defends the rights of all people, but to say that I defend pedophiles is to completely misunderstand the big picture.

Edited by Neognosis, 26 October 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#57    through the fire

through the fire

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• "it's like boo!"

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 26 October 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

ABSOLUTELY.

But it's not so much about what I believe, it'sabout what history has shown us.

Our founding fathers felt very differently. As did Ghandi, Martin Luther King, and everyone who has ever refused to comply with an unjust law

Your comment leads me to believe that you don't understand what civil disobedience is.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Those things are "crimes." But it is fair to say that almost everyone does at least one of those things in their lifetime. I can add Jaywalking and littering to that as well. If you begin to deny convicted criminals their human rights, and then refuse to reapply SOME of their CIVIL rights after they have served their sentence, you put the very foundation of our representative republic in harm's way.

Usually the same people who like to characterize people who defend civil liberties as "yellow belly" are the same who are in favor of eliminating due process and the rule of law, so I'm not surprised by your above statement.

Our justice system is weighted in favor of the accused for some very good reasons, the summation of which is that it is better for many guilty murderers to go free than for the gov't to have an easy time of convicting an innocent person.
This is the price of living in our free society.

And I guess I have to say it again, as sometimes people have a difficult time understanding a complex idea.... I'm not defending pedophiles, I'm defending all of us. I realize that it is easier
to demonize and slander someone who defends the rights of all people, but to say that I defend pedophiles is to completely misunderstand the big picture.

Excellent post. I'm always amazed at the idiocy of these morons who think "doesn't affect me, I'm not a criminal".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users