Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Does the name Jesus make you mad? Why ?

religios vocabulary

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#46    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

The way one reacts to the word "Jesus" muttered around depends on the person's view of Jesus Christ, whether (s)he's religious as a Christian or not, and we're told to shout "Jesus" in the public is inappropriate like a swear word. Many people may not like religion won't want to hear anyone pray for "Jesus" in their midst and can react in a hostile way. By irony, Jesus is also a name in Latin American cultures pronounced 'Hee-soos' and I can't imagine any parent give their son's name "Jesus" except how it's pronounced in Spanish. No parent won't wanna be caught shouting "JESUS! NO!" in a supermarket.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#47    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

ok.

there will come a time when others push their views on others and instead of learning from history, they just repeat the mistake. they will persecute the christians because of their own emptiness, much to the christian man's delight because it will test the christian man and in his mind he will be rewarded. this makes the persecutors even angrier and they will commit grave atrocities against the christians. atrocities like; intolerance, name calling and bullying, belittlement, demagoguery etc.

cant you just leave the christians alone? the fact that you feel the need to discuss it at all lends to the idea that you are all insecure about what you believe.

why cant you discuss why the name zoroaster makes you mad or allah. but nooooooo you have to pick on the christians.

this kind of rhetoric makes you look like hitler vs. the jews. pretty sad.

Edited by pbarosso, 11 October 2012 - 11:07 PM.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#48    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I am an un-baptised know absolutely nothing about religion type.
Ignorant I am true, but your list makes me feel hopeful.
Religion and faith has been hijacked from us to become a tool for war and control
along time ago but Jesus or the word ,has always just simply filled me with hope.

#49    Vatic

Vatic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

View Posts33ker, on 11 October 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I am an un-baptised know absolutely nothing about religion type.
Ignorant I am true, but your list makes me feel hopeful.
Religion and faith has been hijacked from us to become a tool for war and control
along time ago but Jesus or the word ,has always just simply filled me with hope.

Here is the hope. No matter how low a person has been, Jesus is about rebuilding broken people. This is why a person humble enough to realize they are broken, has a better chance with Jesus. And Jesus is all about second chances to become something and somebody wonderful, with his mighty help!

#50    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostVatic, on 12 October 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

Here is the hope. No matter how low a person has been, Jesus is about rebuilding broken people. This is why a person humble enough to realize they are broken, has a better chance with Jesus. And Jesus is all about second chances to become something and somebody wonderful, with his mighty help!

i like it. very nicely put. people have to realize they need help......*looks around*

--me

#51    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostVatic, on 12 October 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

That's just because people, when down and out and broken and wrecked, will accept just about anything that might give them hope.

#52    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 October 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

That's just because people, when down and out and broken and wrecked, will accept just about anything that might give them hope.

Accept from the abuser.

Edited by HavocWing, 12 October 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Dangerous cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#53    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

View Postpbarosso, on 11 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

ok.

there will come a time when others push their views on others and instead of learning from history, they just repeat the mistake. they will persecute the christians because of their own emptiness, much to the christian man's delight because it will test the christian man and in his mind he will be rewarded. this makes the persecutors even angrier and they will commit grave atrocities against the christians. atrocities like; intolerance, name calling and bullying, belittlement, demagoguery etc.

cant you just leave the christians alone? the fact that you feel the need to discuss it at all lends to the idea that you are all insecure about what you believe.

why cant you discuss why the name zoroaster makes you mad or allah. but nooooooo you have to pick on the christians.

this kind of rhetoric makes you look like hitler vs. the jews. pretty sad.

And for 2 000 years so called witches and heretics were left in peace by Christians?. Until end of 17th century in Europe it just was not possible even to say you didn't believe, on pain of death. There is a saying, "You reap what you sow"

#54    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

you reap what you sow? so that justifies your position? please, kids know better than to act like that. the history that you are referring to was corrected after the age of enlightenment. you cant hang the son for the fathers sins.

burning the witches and heritics is still going on in the muslim world. it is an attempt to maintain their society as it is. so it is their religion that guides society. perhaps you prefer to make judgement call based on science and enlightened things. well we tried that too. its called SOCIAL DARWINISM, so dont give me that crap about religions being all negative.

the fringe people always ruin it for the masses.
here is a good example. in europe or maybe all around the world, americans have a bad image (or so we are told). we are supposed to be stupid, arrogant, d****. but is that true? No of course not. its only those of us that act that way and give the whole bunch of us a bad name...the fringe so to speak.

Edited by pbarosso, 12 October 2012 - 04:57 PM.

--me

#55    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

you cant know until you have tried. besides those who get physically ill or angry when they hear Jesus's name may have something wrong with them. its called intolerance or demonic posession i guess.

--me

#56    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

For many, I believe this is true... When a person is at their wits end and cannot see any way forward, they will take the first bit of help they can get... A lot of the time what people  need most, is a good listener...not someone preaching at them, that is likely to add fuel to the fire

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#57    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postpbarosso, on 12 October 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

you cant know until you have tried. besides those who get physically ill or angry when they hear Jesus's name may have something wrong with them. its called intolerance or demonic posession i guess.

So a person who is very ill and would go mad at hearing the name Jesus    is just possessed ...do you actually believe that?

And what is wrong with intolerance?  Are you the most tolerant person out there? ...Does it ever enter your head that someone who  may show a lot of anger  and hears the name Jesus.. may have went through hell over religion and it can set them off?  No?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#58    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

View Postpbarosso, on 12 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

you reap what you sow? so that justifies your position? please, kids know better than to act like that. the history that you are referring to was corrected after the age of enlightenment. you cant hang the son for the fathers sins.

burning the witches and heritics is still going on in the muslim world. it is an attempt to maintain their society as it is. so it is their religion that guides society. perhaps you prefer to make judgement call based on science and enlightened things. well we tried that too. its called SOCIAL DARWINISM, so dont give me that crap about religions being all negative.

the fringe people always ruin it for the masses.
here is a good example. in europe or maybe all around the world, americans have a bad image (or so we are told). we are supposed to be stupid, arrogant, d****. but is that true? No of course not. its only those of us that act that way and give the whole bunch of us a bad name...the fringe so to speak.

In English please :)

#59    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

The only time the name Jesus bothers me is when my order of enchaladas and tacos are late or come out with my appitizer. :yes:

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#60    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 02 October 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

It seems that the name Jesus  stirs up alot of controversy and "feelings",

It is only due to people and organised cult's religion's, and what they teach,  that the name Jesus stir's up so much "controversy and feeling's"

View PostSpiritWriter, on 02 October 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

what is your biggest grief with religion

All the Hypocrisy...

All the hatred they teach...

All the Idolatry they practice... kneeling in front of such thing's as the cross, or any other religious idol/icon (even though some do not acknowledge or believe they do such a thing)

All the Evil thing's they do... (child molestation etc etc etc)

The way they teach that You have to go to a building to worship God... Would not God be everywhere ? and not just in a building that was built by man... a true church of God is (in my opinion) the people that believe or a group of people that believe and NOT a building

The way they teach and practice thing's like praying in public, confessing sin's to a priest pastor vicar etc (which as far as I am aware goes against what is written in the Bible and the word of God)

There is possibly other's that I have not mentioned but those above are the main one's

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users