Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Secrets To Be Revealed This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#46    Occams Razor

Occams Razor

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

• Of two or more competing theories the simplest explanation is most likely to be the right one.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 22 September 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

Evidence may be too close to a another security issue and leave us vulnerable to attack and nothing to do with ET and an alien defense plan. Media brought into an area such of this by the linkage to an ET event could pose a real risk.

The thing is, no-one on this planet is going to have a technology so advanced it could defeat an alien invasion. I suspect the existence and broad outline of the performance of a lot of the really advanced military hardware out there is deliberately 'leaked' in order to act as a deterrent to any potential enemy.

#47    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostOccams Razor, on 22 September 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

I don't doubt some of your fellow Ph.Ds (note, not PhD's) are dumb, you are hardly screaming intelligence yourself. Have you ever heard the old expression "the absent minded professor".

And you seem to think a lot of yourself, although I'm not sure why.  You're definitely not a very sympathetic character and I do not see you contributing much to the discussion here beyond a lot of cliches and double-talk.  

I don't care if Searl has a PhD (Ph.D.???) or a professorship, since that is not necessary to have good ideas in any field.

#48    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 22 September 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Do I strike you as a "very happy" person, Shaddow?  If so there must be something very wrong with my communication style on here.

No MacG. and you have the right to communicate in any style you wish..

I am a big believer in life being abundant in our Galaxy,I just don't believe we are being visited by it and the evidence for this is non existent.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#49    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,042 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 22 September 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

I am a big believer in life being abundant in our Galaxy,I just don't believe we are being visited by it and the evidence for this is non existent.
I must sorta agree there Shaddow134 ,but maybe we have been checked up upon a few times to see If were worthy of contact yet?

This is a Work in Progress!

#50    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,477 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 22 September 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

I must sorta agree there Shaddow134 ,but maybe we have been checked up upon a few times to see If were worthy of contact yet?
That would take life forms of a very advanced technology but i am of the opinion that they are not so abundant.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#51    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

When are they supposed to be doing this exactly? Kinda intrigued even though I was negitive before. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#52    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,042 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

THey do it around Beer-darkthirty as always B-4 ,the good news is Now Im thinking that they really wont eat us. Afterall the Universe is wise beound our Imagination,ANd Im sure they have FDA laws about eatting sickly Humans ! :tu:
BEsides we really must taste like Chicken to them. ANd I bet there Vegans ! Or Martians,or ?Well you get da Drift`s

This is a Work in Progress!

#53    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

The Atomic Testing Museum and the Smithsonian Institution already reveled an "alien artifact" in March 2012, but this evidently passed without notice.

PS  I hate all this stuff with blow-up alien balloons and advertisements for psychics--always have.  Of course, maybe the little aliens are just meant to make the subject non-threatening.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 23 September 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#54    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 22 September 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

I am a big believer in life being abundant in our Galaxy.

So am I, it goes without saying.

#55    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 22 September 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

A long time ago, a general in an officer's club was asked by some younger officers whether the public should be told, and he said the ordinary people were too backward and uneducated to understand these things.

The discussion has gone back and forth for a long time like that, and even I am of two minds about it.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 23 September 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#56    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 23 September 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

The Atomic Testing Museum and the Smithsonian Institution already reveled an "alien artifact" in March 2012, but this evidently passed without notice.

PS  I hate all this stuff with blow-up alien balloons and advertisements for psychics--always have.  Of course, maybe the little aliens are just meant to make the subject non-threatening.

Not just blow-up alien balloons and advertisements for psychics ..."The Starseed Psychic"...he's gotta be a Sheldan Nidle fan.
And sorry but IMHO, anything associated with the conmen George Knapp and Bob Lazar turns me off.  I have them on the same shelf as Steven Greer, Hoagland, David Childress.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#57    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 23 September 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Not just blow-up alien balloons and advertisements for psychics ..."The Starseed Psychic"...he's gotta be a Sheldan Nidle fan.
And sorry but IMHO, anything associated with the conmen George Knapp and Bob Lazar turns me off.  I have them on the same shelf as Steven Greer, Hoagland, David Childress.

I don't care about any of that, but there was indeed something of interest in that video.

#58    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostGrey14, on 21 September 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

oooh, I wait with baited breath!
Oh is that what that smell is :alien: I thought there was a dead alien under my chair. Hope you catch something!

What could possibly go wrong?

#59    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Typical, can't find anything about the big secrets that were revealed. Did anyone else have any luck?

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#60    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,171 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

The UFO lecture at the NATM was yesterday at 6 p.m., local time. A brief search of the internet, 14 hours later, revealed a great deal that was written beforehand , but nothing at all since then. This is a bit interesting in itself. Supposing at least one skeptic and one UFO enthusiast attended, it seems that one or the other would have quickly posted a commentary somewhere, either the former telling how nothing noteworthy was said, or the latter detailing some amazing revelation. Will do a similar search again later today, to see if anything turns up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users