Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Board Weirdness

Ravengirl

Do you believe in ghosts?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes
    • No

My friends and I were in an AfterSchool program and it's really fun and big. They even throw sleepovers (sound weird: a sleepover in an afterschool!). Anyway, my friend Jennifer brought an Oija board so we could play. The rest of our group was in the art room. We left to go play Ouija board in the Reading room. We managed to conjure a ghost (or was it?). It told us it's name was David and he lived in the area where our afterschool is today. He was 25 years old when he died. We asked him where he was now and he said: IN THE ART ROOM! We ran to the Art Room and my other friends Samantha's hair was being pulled by nobody! We screamed and two minutes later, the lamp fell on Jennifer, the girl who brought the Ouija Board! wacko.gif

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earthygirl04

• Ravengirl

• Paranormalcy

• VampChilde18

Even creepier, her Ouija board was gone the next morning! Are Ouija boards cursed?

intersting. My friend had a similar experience (unfortunatle ruined by my other friends) But afte bout two hours with relatively little on th4e board something came through. Just as they other frineds decided to play a joke and pretend to stalk the house. The entity or the power of the entity was "stuck" im one of my friend. For more details ask SerenitiesRiver. She was the one the thing got "stuck in.

thats pretty scary. i havent had any experiences like that with my board yet. hoping i wont either. yes, ouija boards can become cursed, as my friends and i thought mine did because the spirit said so, but i dont think it did. make sure when you use it, that you always say goodbye, even if something doesnt happen, because spirits can get angry or something. and dont say "play" when you are refering to ouija boards because you dont play with them. they are a very serious thing and definetly not something to be fooled around with.

thats pretty scary. i havent had any experiences like that with my board yet. hoping i wont either. yes, ouija boards can become cursed, as my friends and i thought mine did because the spirit said so, but i dont think it did. make sure when you use it, that you always say goodbye, even if something doesnt happen, because spirits can get angry or something. and dont say "play" when you are refering to ouija boards because you dont play with them. they are a very serious thing and definetly not something to be fooled around with.

good approach, thats what we all assumed with our "ecounter" OH and i should mention, i didn't participate, i was taking pics, nothing really good turned out though, just some good pic of my friends.

Jennifer burned her Ouija board the next day. I was with her. She was hoping that it wouldn't upset the spirits. Then Samantha informed her that spirits don't live in the Ouija Board, the Ouija board just sends them a message to speak.

I made a mistake! I said her Ouija board was gone the next day. I meant to say her Ouija board was gone from the spot we left it. She found it and the next day she burned it.

Just adding my probably ill-viwed two cents, but with the *possible* exception of the hair-pulling (which would also be put down to "heightened state of excitability" without more proof), NOTHING occurred in any of these stories that have ANY objective proof or even indication of ANYTHING strange having happened, other than the participants scaring themselves with simple information, which could be gotten in any way from someone pushing the board to a collective unconscious creative flow or just about anything else. Boards are boards, cardboard and plastic, and the only "thing" that comes from them is information, and usually not very reliable or accurate information at that - mostly gibberish.

Just adding my probably ill-viwed two cents, but with the *possible* exception of the hair-pulling (which would also be put down to "heightened state of excitability" without more proof), NOTHING occurred in any of these stories that have ANY objective proof or even indication of ANYTHING strange having happened, other than the participants scaring themselves with simple information, which could be gotten in any way from someone pushing the board to a collective unconscious creative flow or just about anything else. Boards are boards, cardboard and plastic, and the only "thing" that comes from them is information, and usually not very reliable or accurate information at that - mostly gibberish.

Lonecat here again,

Yes, and telephones and television sets and radio sets are just physical objects,too. They are made out of metal and plastic and glass and wire. However, they serve as transmitters of information. Have you never made a "telephone" out of two tin cans and a length of string? whistling2.gif Lonecat

Personally, Ouija boards don't work with me... and i think its because i don't need them to comunicate... But... Squash-n'-Buttn's jpatt! disgust.gif You are quite the skeptic! disgust.gif

Just for the record, I myself use them when I can (they don't work for me by myself though) and have made my own and gotten some really neat and interesting results and a LOT of things that really caused me to rethink the way I viewed some things I *thought* I had some pretty concrete thoughts on. Ironically, ouija board use helped me to be MORE open-minded and at the same time, more rational or "skeptical" - I think they're neat and at times, maybe even useful for giving someone a nudge in a direction they wouldn't normally consider, but I also think people go off the deep end with them too easily and ascribe to them too many miraculous properties, both demonic and good.

I have a home made one and it works fine.

Most of the time i only get my guides through the neat thing is if anything negative starts to comes through they spell out WARNING "Close board quick".

They tell me when to close down and when its not getting safe and i have never had a problem to this day.

I was told through the board that negative energy knows whats going on and that the board is open and they spelt out "Dont mention Evil " and you will be fine.

I like doing the board and always listen to what my guides tell me through the board and when its time to go then we go.

There's a lot of mixed feelings on the Ouija board good and bad.

jpatt Posted on Aug 8 2004, 10:56 PM

NOTHING occurred in any of these stories that have ANY objective proof or even indication of ANYTHING strange having happened, other than the participants scaring themselves with simple information, which could be gotten in any way from someone pushing the board to a collective unconscious creative flow or just about anything else. Boards are boards, cardboard and plastic,

What I want to know is this. You stated above that Ouija boards are nothing but cardboard and plastic? Ok, yet you turn around and post this messege below stating that you use one. disgust.gif Why do you use one? Obviously being cardboard and plastic it would be useless to bother to even try to use one. Right? wink2.gif Then you say that you "got really neat and interesting results". How's that possible? Just a piece of cardboard and plastic.....remember? tongue.gif

jpatt Posted on Aug 9 2004, 02:46 PM

Just for the record, I myself use them when I can (they don't work for me by myself though) and have made my own and gotten some really neat and interesting results and a LOT of things that really caused me to rethink the way I viewed some things I *thought* I had some pretty concrete thoughts on. Ironically, ouija board use helped me to be MORE open-minded and at the same time, more rational or "skeptical" - I think they're neat and at times, maybe even useful for giving someone a nudge in a direction they wouldn't normally consider, but I also think people go off the deep end with them too easily and ascribe to them too many miraculous properties, both demonic and good. 

Which is it jpatt? Do Ouija boards really work or are they nothing more than a peice of cardboard and plastic? whistling2.gif

Anyhoo.....I for one believe that Ouija boards open "doorways" so to speak, that make it possible for spirits (good or bad), to come through. I myself used one when I was younger but I don't mess with them now, they scare me... crying.gif

I still believe, from my experiences, that both my statements are correct. Ouija boards ARE just plastic and cardboard and about as magical as a bowl of ice cream, though admittedly sometimes a good snack can do wonders for a person's mood. Same with ouija boards, in a way. I think the USE (not the board itself) of boards CAN have an extra-normal effect, and allow people to tap into what is most likely their own mind and access some information or types of intellect more easily than normal - on occasion I think this information exceeds what "hard science" currently recognizes and drifts into the realm of "psi" or paranormal ability, such as telepathy or clairvoyance, which will allow people to "know things only X would know" and though its much rarer, divine things that no one present would know, but which could be confirmed later.

I myself can confirm numerous instances of this I was a first-hand party to; in one, the board revealed the maiden name of a friend's long dead grandmother that even HE didn't remember until the board spelled it - this is no more a miracle than remembering to buy cheese at the supermarket. Another more outstanding instance involved the board revealing, even though I wasn't even USING the board (I was taking notes), what a "spirit guide" said my "animal totem" was. Only I myself had even considered this at that time, and had gathered this same answer a couple of days beforehand but had told no one, and the board picked it out of thin air, as it were, out of hundreds or really thousands of animals.

Being humans and by our nature, creatures not only of above animal intellect but also junkies for stimulation and exploration and discovering of new things, I think the interplay between our conscious mind, parts of our unconscious we can tap into, and any abilities which might manifest, are able, and likely, because we unconsciously want excitement, even if its bad, accounts for "bad experiences" with ouija boards and such - a lot of it is mental self-suggestion of shadows, noises and "feelings", though some others are manifestations of our own self or our insecurities or need for a thrill, so we get board personalities which blatantly lie about things, or become abusive or demanding or threatening.

Instances of a board cursing a blue streak with users of a more mature and level-headed nature are pretty much nil, because those kinds of adults don't act like that in real life either - put a couple of teens or emtionally disturbed or "nervous" or "wilder" types, no matter their age, at a board, and let the scary, cursing demon from hell start his monologue ... its pretty coincidental, a little too much so.

I don't think most reports of board results are lies or hoaxes by the people reporting it - I'm sure they got most or all of the results and experiences they say

they did - but as for their conclusions which they interpret those experiences to be CAUSED by, is another matter entirely. To contrast each of my earlier experiences which I admittedly can NOT explain, though I have MY own idea as to what is likely behind them, I can add probably ten things the board has "revealed" with a certainty exceeding that of Ed Begley Jr.'s own sense of self-satisfaction, that were either entirely inaccurate or made absolutely no sense - we were told to go out into the yard that night at 12:15am and "wait for the thousand aliens" or some such - we humored the idea for about 30 minutes, maybe an hour, then went back in, having learned the lack of wisdom in putting a whole lot of blind faith in the information or "power" of a mischevious Toys R Us sale item. You have this happen enough, you kind of get the picture of how the "phenomenon" generally works.

I myself have never had any bad experiences with the board, though some of my friends have, while I was also using the board, but as I said before in another post, another member of our little group was in a very bad emotional state and had a lot of repressed and misdirected anger and frustration, which manifested itself quite strongly in ouija sessions, to the point that one of the other users, older than myself by over a decade, swears to this day that he witnessed a figure (the trouble causing "evil" board entity) outside HIS home, perhaps "drawn" from the unbalanced person, to him. So I'm not saying people won't see or experience things like this, but I think the human mind and our imagination plays a much greater role than people give it credit for.

Huh? blink.gif Edited by earthygirl04

I get the whole thing about we as humans have the need for knowledge on even the most remotest of subjects, but the rest of what you said jpatt, kind of countered itself. You said one thing only to say another to counteract your point of view. And like earthygirl i was left going "wha the-?" But i think as a whole i'm beginging to understand. As humans we are a creature of curiousity. We need to know, we HAVE to know. Is there something there when i turn the lights off? Will ghosts talk to me through this cardboard and plastic device? (which by the way, and i know some spiritualists will crucify me on this) but no matter what materials something is made of, if there's belief enough in it, it will bring about results. The first Ouija's used by mainstream psychics during the "Spiritualist movement" of the last and middle 1800's through the 1900's, were made from such things as a piece of paper with the alphabet written on it with a lead pencil, and a eye glass peice as the sceptor. And then they got more conventional and carved the letters into a wooden board (and some even to huge slabs of soap, somehow thinking that soap was a spiritual conductor?) blink.gif

And the pointer could have been made of anything from the pencil used to write the letters, to a crafted metal pointer.

So the question is do we actually contact spirits or are we playing on our subconsciousness? I say both. Some are more suseptible to attracting spirits good or bad, and some are completely closed off. I've always been an open conducter, and have done ouija with others that created VERY strong results (the culmination of two "open" recievers) and others where the pointer may have moved and spelled such as "I am JKHJSDGSHE!" which i know some people will say, "oh that means you got a demon!" But it could also be the fact that you had spirits battling over control of the conductor and no one really getting their way through. Which results in a frustrated outcome, and many people who were already skeptics to stay skeptic.

I've never really had any horrible outcomes (except when a friend tried to move the pointer to spell out that we were talking to John Lennon, but i digress...) She was banned from the house after that, J/k

Anyhow, after reading all these posts and kinda scratching my head going huh? I had to have my little say as well. Use what tools you can to contact who YOU feel comfortable contacting. If it goes too far, stop it, you do have that right.

But just remember divination tools have to be used right (no matter what they're manufactured from) *unless you came to me with a phone used to contact spirits made from potatoes, then i'd have to be skeptical*

Just don't take Ouija lightly (like someone suggested not saying you were "playing the Ouija") which is entirely right. How would you like someone suggesting your existance was a joke? whistling2.gif

But just remember divination tools have to be used right (no matter what they're manufactured from) *unless you came to me with a phone used to contact spirits made from potatoes, then i'd have to be skeptical*

Just don't take Ouija lightly (like someone suggested not saying you were "playing the Ouija") which is entirely right. How would you like someone suggesting your existance was a joke? 

I guess that's what happens alot of the time. Too many people think that Ouija is just some sort of game, and then it's miss used, and laughed at. Hummm......maybe that's why bad spirits are able to come through? disgust.gif

Just me thinking out loud. grin2.gif

I made a mistake! I said her Ouija board was gone the next day. I meant to say her Ouija board was gone from the spot we left it. She found it and the next day she burned it.

why'd she do that, she could have cleansed it either by buring it for a little while (which if it was the cheap cardboard that wuldn't have worked) or through a ritual, mostly using salt, salt is a know purifier(and no im not talking bout water.)

hereticdude666 

Posted on Aug 8 2004, 09:29 PM   

make sure when you use it, that you always say goodbye, even if something doesnt happen, because spirits can get angry or something. and dont say "play" when you are refering to ouija boards because you dont play with them. they are a very serious thing and definetly not something to be fooled around with.

You know I have to admit. I have been thinking about this for awhile, and I can't remember ever saying goodbye when I used the Ouija board. Of-course that was so long ago, and I don't touch them now, but I believe all I ever did was get scared and run from the room, or grab it, and put it up quickly! ph34r.gif Maybe that's where I went wrong? Hummm... Maybe that's why so many creepy things have happened to me though out my life? huh.gif