Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#4216    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 14 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Erm, yes they are.  Learn something.

You mean like the Fraserburgh flares that lasted for hours?  Or the Denbigh ones that lasted for 8 mins?  Come on Boon this isn't like you.  You've done some decent stuff recently; flares don't circulate or spin.  

You know that.

View PostbooNyzarC, on 14 November 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Parachutes.

and the pulsating and spinning effect was caused by what?

Posted Image

#4217    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,082 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Postzoser, on 14 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Attached to what?
Some say parachutes.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4218    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 14 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

You mean like the Fraserburgh flares that lasted for hours?  Or the Denbigh ones that lasted for 8 mins?  Come on Boon this isn't like you.  You've done some decent stuff recently; flares don't circulate or spin.  

You know that.

See, this is the problem that arises from throwing around cases willy nilly. BooN (as far as I'm aware) is talking about the Yuma, Arizona lights and not necessarily the other cases you have deemed 'similar'. When talking about several cases at once confusion almost always ensues.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#4219    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

So instead of people claiming to have seen a UFO they should just say oh wow those are nice flares :clap:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4220    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 14 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

So instead of people claiming to have seen a UFO they should just say oh wow those are nice flares :clap:

Or conversely, when witnessing a UFO, one could understand that they don't know what they are looking at (hence the 'U' in UFO) and proceed from there. Leave UFO=ET out of the equation until it is *warranted.

*By warranted I mean that there should be some sort of evidence linking ET to the observed phenomena other than 'what else could it be?'.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#4221    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Here come the testimonies:

I was inside my room with my dog when I heard family come home from the back yard(heard gate opening). After a long while of them not coming in I went to look and they called out to me to look at the sky. I could see something in the sky but could not tell what it was. Went inside to get my glasses and I looked up and saw a huge UFO. I have never been a big believer of these things but boy did this change my mind, or anyone else who saw it for that matter. It was big and looked like what people usually think they look like(to an extent) it was hovering for what seemed very close to our location. Had bright lights and You could tell it was metallic like. It stayed close for what seemed a good while then just disappeared.After a few moments it reappeared shortly and then you could only see big balls of what I can only describe as fireballs that moved around randomly, then disappeared. Then they appeared and and made a circle (almost making the shape of the bigger one but it was only the small balls of light) after that they disappeared and reappeared making a line (appearing one at at time) They slowly went out and then disappeared all together.

Saw it last night at approximately 8:13 PM. It was silent and disappeared within 10 minutes. There were 6 or 7 orange lights that looked like orbs and were spinning in the air in unison. I had binoculars and was able to get a very decent zoom on the lights and from up close I collected the silhouette of like a large "black disc". I tried more than 20 times to get a decent picture but you couldn't see it at all with the quality. You could barely even see it with the naked eye. I wasn't the only one who saw it. I had 2 friends with me (thank god)! Hopefully KYMA will do a report. -8/15/2012

I saw them....six or eight lights in a row, my husband first spotted them in the east...then they disappeared...re-appeared in the southern sky...watched first one light...then gradually turned into what looked light 8 separate lights to me, my husband says six....I tried to get a pic, but it didn't show up on my camera, very frustrating. I e-mailed kyma about the incident..they sent me a note back saying that they got quite a few calls and someone got pics, to keep an eye on the news this evening...What gets me...no sound...at all. We couldn't see a shape of anything except the lights hovering in a row, like this: * * * * * * * *....then as fast as they appeared, they were gone...I want to know what they were?... unfortunately we didn't see it moving around like you did, maybe you are alot closer than we are. We live over by Cibola. This was the third amazing ufo I have ever seen. We lived in Phoenix, when those lights happened...if you get pics please pass them on. conniekndr@yahoo.com

Zoser's conclusion:  They don't look like flares.  They hold together too well and this indicates strongly that they are attached to something.  If you watch carefully you can see pulsating and spinning of the lights in a very similar way to the Denbigh and Fraserburgh sightings.  The latter two cases we know were not flares.  This looks strongly like another military cover up

Read the testimonies for yourself if you wish:

http://www.ufostalke...15th 2012/41784

Posted Image

#4222    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Postzoser, on 14 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

You know that.

Zoser, the link that was in my post which you had quoted was specifically regarding the Yuma footage.  There is absolutely no relationship between that and the Fraserburgh or Denbigh footage, just like there is no established relationship between the Denbigh and Fraserburgh footage either, other than within your own mind.

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

See, this is the problem that arises from throwing around cases willy nilly. BooN (as far as I'm aware) is talking about the Yuma, Arizona lights and not necessarily the other cases you have deemed 'similar'. When talking about several cases at once confusion almost always ensues.

Bingo :tu:

#4223    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

There's no confusion; the whole idea of this thread was to compare cases and correlate evidence.  The 3 cases look similar.  They may be different but they all have strikingly similar characteristics if you take the trouble to review the footage.

It's a mistake to take cases in isolation if they have strong connecting characteristics.

Posted Image

#4224    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Or conversely, when witnessing a UFO, one could understand that they don't know what they are looking at (hence the 'U' in UFO) and proceed from there. Leave UFO=ET out of the equation until it is *warranted.

*By warranted I mean that there should be some sort of evidence linking ET to the observed phenomena other than 'what else could it be?'.
Yeah but the problem with the word UFO is that anytime its mentioned people naturally think alien. So wouldnt it be best to just leave that word out of it and write it off as flares or chinese lanterns or whatever. They should just go directly into the house and never speak of it again. because the likelyhood is that it was actually flares. :yes:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4225    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postzoser, on 14 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

There's no confusion; the whole idea of this thread was to compare cases and correlate evidence.  The 3 cases look similar.  They may be different but they all have strikingly similar characteristics if you take the trouble to review the footage.

It's a mistake to take cases in isolation if they have strong connecting characteristics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So then we ignore the visual similarities between these two cases? You can't pick and choose, any criteria you incite needs to be uniform across the board.

*Phoenix lights and Yuma Arizona case, respectively.

#4226    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 November 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So then we ignore the visual similarities between these two cases? You can't pick and choose, any criteria you incite needs to be uniform across the board.

I quite agree with you STF and I wouldn't dream of cherry picking cases; you know what my response is:

Neither of the above pictures are flares.  The Phoenix lights were not and neither were the Yuma lights.  Not one shred of proof supports that.

The announcement from the military makes me smile, but that's it.

Edited by zoser, 14 November 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

#4227    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 November 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Keep in mind that zoser still isn't convinced about the Phoenix Flares either...

Edit:  Nevermind, he spoke for himself... :P

Edited by booNyzarC, 14 November 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#4228    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 14 November 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Keep in mind that zoser still isn't convinced about the Phoenix Flares either...

Edit:  Nevermind, he spoke for himself... :P

Yes that's true, but can I add that neither were scores of witnesses convinced by the PL either but not to get lost in another case.

BTW the Yuma footage is actually nothing like the PL if you look carefully.

Also we have solid witness testimonies on the Yuma case as well!

Posted Image

#4229    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Go to Google Maps and enter 32.866436, -114.385992 in the searchbar.

Just wondering what is that round thing sitting on the N-S taxiway at Yuma Proving Ground?

Edit to Add:  http://www.sott.net/...-on-Google-Maps

Edited by synchronomy, 14 November 2012 - 06:27 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#4230    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 14 November 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yeah but the problem with the word UFO is that anytime its mentioned people naturally think alien. So wouldnt it be best to just leave that word out of it and write it off as flares or chinese lanterns or whatever. They should just go directly into the house and never speak of it again. because the likelyhood is that it was actually flares. :yes:

There is one aspect of UFOlogy that I admire and often gets overlooked. That is the desire to find out what these unknowns are. If everyone ignored the phenomena with a 'it's probably nothing' attitude we'd never know what these things are. I don't agree with the methodology used by most UFOlogists nor the propensity to project ET onto every little light in the sky however I think the phenomena is legitimate enough to warrant more attention. It also warrants a better dissemination of research results to the general public. There are still a lot of people who don't even know what atmospheric plasmas even are, let alone the characteristics they exhibit that makes them a prime suspect for some UFO reports. And who knows? There may just be that needle in the haystack out there that could lend some much needed credibility to the ETH. :tu:

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users