Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis was on Mars?

GoPlayonAhighway

I was just kicking around the idea that Atlantis was actually on Mars.

I personally believe that Mars was once home to an ancient civilization. Maybe the "Atlantis" myth/fable/legend was referring to this ancient place that was destroyed.......

I have no proof that would prove or disprove my theory, so I just wanted to throw it on the table and see who wants to add their "2 cents". So please, tell me what you think!

A few sites that seem to agree:

http://www.marsconnection.net/

http://beforeitsnews...nk-2446156.html

• Like 2

So please, tell me what you think!

Edited by toast
  • Like 6

I think I should have followed by instincts when reading the title........do not even bother going in there.

• Like 5

Don't mind conditioned responses, you know it's common on these kinda things here. I'm don't really know this subject well but it's interesting, who knows. I don't know if we can certainly say if there weren't any conditions for life on Mars recently, since we don't know the source of life so well yet. Else we could had replicated the source creation process already.

It doesn't seem probably on the first glance that there'd be life though, since you don't obviously see any. It's the major issue, if there's life then it would have to be highly enough advanced, if there were no conditions for normal life. But do we really know what kind of forms of life are possible? That's another big question. We can always think we know, but...

I think I should have followed by instincts when reading the title........do not even bother going in there.

Then why? You are free to roam. Do you have something to teach to the ignorant believers? Do you think we wanna really hear? Not that I'm stopping you, just saying it's pointless already if you know they don't wanna. Try not to take it personally :)

• Like 1

Then why? You are free to roam. Do you have something to teach to the ignorant believers? Do you think we wanna really hear? Not that I'm stopping you, just saying it's pointless already if you know they don't wanna. Try not to take it personally :)

I did not follow my instincts and roamed a bit too far, happens sometimes.

I love the do not take it personally bit, we used to have a saying in Sauf London..."do not take this personally, but you are a ****"! Sorry, do not take that personally, just thought I would add that in, always made me chuckle.

• Like 4

Mars was a dead world long before humans evolved and started telling stories to each other.

The only real tale of Atlantis comes from a fable by Plato, or a warlike and piwerful culture, defeated by a mythical ancient group of Athenians.

Not at all like the New Age version that has become popular much later.

• Like 3

The "evidence" is nonexistent and depends on ignoring a lot of facts about Mars, including:

* atmosphere is 92% Carbon Dioxide (which is fatal to humans)

* Earth's atmosphere is hundreds of times denser (it would be like trying to breathe maple syrup for a Martian)

* gravity is about 1/3 that of Earth (so in addition to an immediately fatal atmosphere that was too dense to breathe, gravity would crush anything from Mars that showed up.

* Earth's average temperature would feel like 200 F to a Martian

* Because the two planets are made up of very different proportions of chemicals, whatever developed on Mars couldn't eat, breathe, or reproduce with anything here.

* photos of "ruins" on Mars turn out to be geology with better photos.

* and the only information about Atlantis is that it was here on Earth, it conquered every other civilization EXCEPT Stone Age Athens (Stone Age Athens didn't exist. That area of Greece wasn't inhabited by enough people to make up a city until around 900 BC. Not 9000 BC. 900 BC.) Stone Age Athens (people with rocks) drove them off. If you have enough technology to conquer all the other people with rocks, you're surely able to conquer or starve out the Athenian People With Rocks.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 7

Long ago,,,,Long Long ago...

The Library of Alexandria has been already written about by Clive Cussler in 'Treasure' - a Dirk Pitt Adventure and also in part in Matthew Reilly's 'The Seven Ancient Wonders'.

How writing the book on the following ideas?

1. A myster about Lake Titicaca, the nazca Lines and the mayan doomsday calendar all interlinked. lake titicaca as suspected was a the most important sea port...of the ancient world before a polar shift. as theorised by others...nazca lines were highway signs for spaceraft to land..and directions to various locations. a high tech archeological team..dives into titicaca...finds an sesaled entrance going deep...they open the entrance way and swim through and reach a cavern full of strange artefacts...one of the team accidently activates one of the artefacts...but doesnt know..interstellar beacon...u can put in anything from annunaki to the borgs...an alien race...the reptilian creatures who had genetically produced the homo sapiens...catch on to it. meanwhile another race..the benevolent aliens..give any name u care..also latches on to the singal and both move towards earth..the annunaki to take over planet earth once again..the benevolent aliens to prevent and aid the humans..develop morew further

2. Atlantis and Hollow earth. Anceint atlantis, its technologies didnt die. When the world wide catastrophes caused by polar shifts occured, the atlanteans shifted inside the hollow earth via the great opening near the poles. Some contacts were developed by atlanteans with the second generation humans...who formed cults and worshipped the atlanteans....the gods and goddesses of hinduism ..could be interpreted as atlanteans. present day - scientist predict another polar shift. The big brother america's technology vultures ..going thru ancient manuscripts decodes a manuscript considered non -decodable (not the voynich manuscript..voynich's considered childs scribble in front of this manuscript)..and leads to clues to the technology of the atlanteans. Free Science Movement - which advocates all technology should be shared among all the nations oppose america's technology vultures....the movement also is highly advanced technologically and militarily....backed by some countries and trusts.

both follow clues, crossing each others manyt times and enter the hollow earth ..just to get in between a civil war between altalnteans...dog eat dog..but the vultures and the movement have to band together to save their skin....gigantic battle ..flying machines of atlanteans...vs apache helicopters, harriers, flying jet packed soliders of vultures & the movement....atlanteans .. stop war...decide to integrate into the present world...and share their technology...but vultures try some backstabbing ..to kidnap...the atlantean top techno heads...again a battle...the movement wins the war...peace.....

just a thread...hehehe..i might be mad!!

While i was replying to the Garden Of Eden Thread..I had wrote..that Garden of Eden was NOT ON Planet Earth. It was in some other galaxy and some persons who mutinied or revolted were exiled to a backwater planet called Earth.

So here is a movie idea based on that lines..

In a distant planet in a distant galaxy, some life forms (not necessarily human, but humanoid) called ekki lived in a highly technologically advanced state on a planet called niburu. However technologically advanced they were, Genetic Manipulation was not allowed there. But a few scientists..secretly modifiy the genetic code of their own race and create the human being. situated on garden island in the middle of a vast ocean which was not that much accessible to others, they carried on their genetic manipulations creating other genetic monstorisities. Humans who were created were treated as slaves, to do the menial works there. Once scientist -anu, who helped create a superior human being had a soft corner for him since he was created his own genetic stock..had a father son relationship with the human whom we may call manu. (anu-na-ekki - anu of the ekki..or something and manu can be related to the first human created as per hindu mythology). anu, behind the back of the other scientists, programmed to sleep induce teach manu's brain with their entire knowledge. manu, now more knowlesgeable, rallies fellow slaves and fights against their masters....

mean while ,some other scientists working on a teleportation portal accidently create a time-space portal which breaks the plane tout of the orbit, transports it out of the solar system to a new solar system on the randokm and in highly eliptical orbit..in the new system. the planet is going out of the solar system and everything is freezing out. the battle between the humans and the ekki is getting over.....anu manages to get a few of the humans and asks them to escape the plane in a cryogenically enbquipped pod designed and programmed to find the most sutiable planet to match the human's life form...while anu himself is shot dead by the other ekkis.the planet niburu..goes into freeze and out of the solar system while humans land on planet earth....all other humans except manu and a woman die...

second portion /sequel can be after millions of years...the planet niburu ..which had been telported from a distant galaxy and thrown into an elliptical orbit in our solar system comes back into the solar system, thawing out and the ekki now finds the human's planet...earth /terra.....with a highly advanced civilisation..they cant bear this since humans were their creation and their slaves.................

hehehehe....i might be mad to think up all this.

Edited by The_Spartan

Geology or graphics artifacts caused by blowing up a jpeg. Or in one notable instance, the reflection of the canopy on the camera.

To be fair, much eaelier in the history of Mars it was more like early Earth, and could have supported a form of life.

That is one of the things the Mars rovers are looking for now, either signs of past life or surviving microbial life able to live in extrene conditions, in the soil.

• Like 1

Hollywood should hire me for ideas...seriously... :innocent:

• Like 2

I feel like this thread has all the intellectual depth of a four-year old asking everyone to look at the snot he's just dug out of his nose. And if people respond, he'll only do it again.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 9

Hi GoPlayonAhighway. This is an interesting subject ..... I too think Mars was populated at one time. It's going to take me a while to get through the film. Thanks for posting the link.

I feel like this thread has all the intellectual depth of a four-year old asking everyone to look at the snot he's just dug out of his nose. And if people respond, he'll only do it again.

--Jaylemurph

You analogy is quite apt, except maybe for one little detail. Irregardless of people responding, he will keep pulling snot out his nose till people respond....

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Don't mind conditioned responses, you know it's common on these kinda things here. I'm don't really know this subject well but it's interesting, who knows. I don't know if we can certainly say if there weren't any conditions for life on Mars recently, since we don't know the source of life so well yet. Else we could had replicated the source creation process already.

It doesn't seem probably on the first glance that there'd be life though, since you don't obviously see any. It's the major issue, if there's life then it would have to be highly enough advanced, if there were no conditions for normal life. But do we really know what kind of forms of life are possible? That's another big question. We can always think we know, but...

Have you read Plato?

If you stop to think that Mars would have to have been habitable within the last 11,000 years or so, do you think there'd be no sign of that today?

If so, by what means do you propose to support such speculation?

Many of us here strive to educate the ignorant on this and several other topics.

We don't strive to educate the idiots, though.

Harte

• Like 6

Just because you're a dyed-in-the-world believer who's given up on rational thought and responsible behaviour doesn't mean everyone here is. There are a lot of people who come here to learn, ranging from people who know nothing on a subject to people who are professionals in related fields. Some people are here for no better reason than to keep people like you from passing on pure fiction and (deliberately or not) misunderstood science and history to those people who don't know as much and might think what you're telling is useful or valuable.

There's precious little danger of that in this thread, though, but the repeated instances of people citing the Ika stones or Dropa stones or pyramids in... Eastern Europe (don't want to attract the attention of some folk here by accidentally saying the name of the country that single-handedly birthed every human achievement evah) or magical geyser in Ancient Egypt prove there's a lot more stupid out there to be dispelled.

--Jaylemurph

EDIT: Gramática!

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 7

Atlantis was nothing but a Triangle space ship on top of the water,so yes its possible that it was on mars.

Atlantis was nothing but a Triangle space ship on top of the water,so yes its possible that it was on mars.

There were 526 immortal legends before you?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

I enjoy alternative history, but I really don't get how we get from Plato to Ignatius Donnely to Mars or soaceships.

• Like 4

Hi GoPlayonAhighway. This is an interesting subject ..... I too think Mars was populated at one time.

based on what???

So, let's run with your idea.

Atlantis was on Mars.

We have exactly ONE source of inarguable information on Atlantis (that Plato chap). In that he outright says "Athens fought and beat the Atlanteans". So ... How did the Athenians get to Mars to stomp some Atlantean tail?

• Like 4

So, let's run with your idea.

Atlantis was on Mars.

We have exactly ONE source of inarguable information on Atlantis (that Plato chap). In that he outright says "Athens fought and beat the Atlanteans". So ... How did the Athenians get to Mars to stomp some Atlantean tail?

They used the infamous "Giani" catapult, what else?

• Like 2