Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unexplained

necklace unexplained strange devine intervention signs

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Patti moore

Patti moore

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

I have a necklace that is a cord and a silver circle that is tied on by a knot, then the necklace is clasped around my neck. There is no way to remove the circle from the cord when it is clasped. But.... On 2 occasions when sleeping I woke up to find the circle on my bed and once on the floor beside my bed and the cord was still clasped around my neck. There is no way for the circle to be removed without unclasping the necklace from my neck. No one else was in my home. The events happened about a year apart. Last night was the 2nd time it happened. Any ideas? Any similar events?

Edited by Patti moore, 04 July 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#2    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

If I had to make a guess, I'd guess that you're making it up.  :hmm:

I mean really, who joins a forum to ask a question like this?  Sounds like total BS to me.  Sorry.

Welcome to UM.  :)

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,627 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

A diabolically cunning and persistent cat burglar?  :w00t:
Welcome to UM.. :st

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 July 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

If I had to make a guess, I'd guess that you're making it up.  :hmm:

I mean really, who joins a forum to ask a question like this?  Sounds like total BS to me.  Sorry.

Welcome to UM.  :)

So what is the reward in making up such a story, to tell anonymously on a forum, would you guess ? It is not as if the claim puffs up anyone's ego that I can see. Me, I have no firm idea, except it is not unknown for people to do things in their sleep they aren't conscious of, or remember when they wake up. Happens all the time. As for the implicit suggestion of a  "mystery" that there is some agency that can unthread a circle from a necklace without any involvement by the wearer, conventional wisdom says no, there is no mechanism accepted for that, but I have witnessed happenings that defy explanation, and repeatedly so. It is a big leap to set ourselves up as the arbiter of what is possible, unless we append the words, "as far as I know".

Edited by Habitat, 05 July 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#5    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostHabitat, on 05 July 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

So what is the reward in making up such a story, to tell anonymously on a forum, would you guess ? It is not as if the claim puffs up anyone's ego that I can see. Me, I have no idea, except it is not unknown for people to do things in their sleep they aren't conscious of, or remember when they wake up. Happens all the time.
You've never taken pleasure in pranking someone?  Is that not a reward in itself?

Please...

If you want to give credence to this BS story, be my guest, but I'm not going to.

Cheers.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Just because someone comes on here with a unusual experience doesn't mean they made it up.  There is probably a logical explanation for it but then again maybe there isn't.

Welcome to UM.

#7    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Charms used to fall off my bracelet all the time. I don't get what the problem is? Shoddy jewelers

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#8    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostHilander, on 05 July 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Just because someone comes on here with a unusual experience doesn't mean they made it up.
I agree, but this story is made up.

View PostHilander, on 05 July 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

There is probably a logical explanation for it but then again maybe there isn't.
There is a logical explanation.  It was made up.

By all means, if anyone disagrees with my assessment, I completely respect that.  You are free to believe this made up story if you'd prefer.  We all have the freedom to decide within our own minds regarding any piece of information.

But I must ask why anyone would believe that this actually happened as described by the OP?  You did see that "There is no way to remove the circle from the cord when it is clasped" right?

Did she, while sleep walking, unclasp it to release the circle and then reclasp it when returning to rest?  Did a ghost do it?  ET perhaps?  Maybe it was bigfoot sneaking in?  Twice?

Come on...  Really?

#9    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

Being "fooled" by someone telling fibs doesn't bother me if there is nothing I have to lose by maintaining an open, if skeptical mind. The real fool would be the person telling lies, not me. Not much hope for anyone peddling such stuff gratuitously, but I am not prepared to convict on scant evidence, or accept as fact either on what is hardly an outrageous claim, as, e.g. " I have found a way to turn lead into gold" would be. My question to that would be why bother telling us about it, keep makin' the gold !

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 July 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

I agree, but this story is made up.

There is a logical explanation.  It was made up.

By all means, if anyone disagrees with my assessment, I completely respect that.  You are free to believe this made up story if you'd prefer.  We all have the freedom to decide within our own minds regarding any piece of information.

But I must ask why anyone would believe that this actually happened as described by the OP?  You did see that "There is no way to remove the circle from the cord when it is clasped" right?

Did she, while sleep walking, unclasp it to release the circle and then reclasp it when returning to rest?  Did a ghost do it?  ET perhaps?  Maybe it was bigfoot sneaking in?  Twice?

Come on...  Really?
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if they made up this story or not.  If you don't or do believe this person it doesn't matter.  I will never meet this person or really know them so if they are lieing it will not hurt me in any way.  When lies do damage is when its someone you trust that is lieing to you, it is being told on the evening news or its from your government.

This place is call Unexplained Mysteries.  Some people only join after something unexplained has happened to them, that's what prompted me to join, I saw a ghost and I didn't make it up.

#11    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostHilander, on 05 July 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if they made up this story or not.  If you don't or do believe this person it doesn't matter.  I will never meet this person or really know them so if they are lieing it will not hurt me in any way.  When lies do damage is when its someone you trust that is lieing to you, it is being told on the evening news or its from your government.

This place is call Unexplained Mysteries.  Some people only join after something unexplained has happened to them, that's what prompted me to join, I saw a ghost and I didn't make it up.
Fair enough.  I was merely expressing my opinion on the matter.  Anyone else is free to disagree and I respect that.

Cheers.

#12    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

I'm going to assume you aren't lying.

If the charm was held onto the necklace with a jumpring like the one I will post a picture of in a minute, it is possible that the ends of that came apart and maybe if you layed on it just right it could have went back together again.

Here is a picture of a jump ring:
http://www.stonesand...30054221212.jpg

See how the ends that meet could easily be pulled apart?

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

#13    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

If the author of the thread can't be bothered replying it doesn't help their credibility, I'd say.

#14    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Ok, from what I can gather, this is what the necklace is: Simple cord with a clasp at the back. Then a silver circle which is attatched to it by a knot....
The knot came undone.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users