Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush: 'Mission accomplished' a mistake

questionmark

Bush: 'Mission accomplished' a mistake

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A reflective U.S. President George W. Bush has said he regrets some of his more blunt statements on his so-called war on terrorism over the last eight years and wishes he had not spoken in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner only a month after U.S. troops in Iraq were deployed.

"I regret saying some things I shouldn't have said," Bush told CNN's Heidi Collins when asked to reflect on his regrets over his two terms as president. "Like 'dead or alive' and 'bring 'em on.' My wife reminded me that, hey, as president of the United States, be careful what you say."

The interview, aboard the USS Intrepid in New York, came after the president addressed a Veterans Day ceremony.

Shortly after the attacks of September 11, the president said of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden: "I want justice. There's an old poster out West that said, 'Wanted, dead or alive.' "

Bush was also criticized in 2003 for his answer addressing insurgents in Iraq.

"There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring 'em on," he said then.

Full story, source: CNN

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic