Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sealand skull photos released

UM-Bot

Anton Spangenberg: An alien survivor from a prehistoric saucer crash? An unfortunate time traveler from the future? A tradesman from a parallel universe? A hitherto undiscovered species? Or a mere freak deformity of a human being? Nobody knows for sure, but no matter the explanation, the Sealand Skull has potential to change the view of the world we live in.

The July 2007 discovery of the skull in Olstykke on the Danish island Sealand, did however not make headlines, and remained largely ignored by science until 2010. The researchers who in 2008 examined the skull at the Veterinarian High School in Copenhagen merely concluded that “Although resembling a mammal, certain features make it impossible to fit the animal into Linnaean taxonomy”.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

I can't find anything on this skull, info I mean. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I find this quite extraordinary this story.

Piltdown!

Interesting article. Hopefully some genetic testing will be performed and we will get some answers.

• Like 1

I doubt they will be able to do any genetic testing. They can't even date the object.

This story is strange. Why would it be buried recently? You would think some jerk would be trying to get rich off of it and show it off to people. It looks very cool. It doesn't look like any deformity I've ever seen. Especially the wide eye sockets. Also, It looks very humanoid. Perhaps an older mutation or version of man?

I doubt they will be able to do any genetic testing. They can't even date the object.

The article says they were able to date the object. They just can't explain how it ended up in that garden or when it was buried.

Carbon 14 dating at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen has shown that the creature lived between 1200 and 1280 AD.

why is this not on the nightly news? you would think a discovery like this would make huge headlines all over the world.

it looks to perfect.. to.. replica.. perfect..

• Like 1

I can't find anything on this skull, info I mean. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I find this quite extraordinary this story.

I couldnt find anything either, other than this article. Did this actually happen?

I couldnt find anything either, other than this article. Did this actually happen?

Im going to go out of my way and say .... no. There would have to be another mention of it somewhere.

The headline says "Sealand skull photos released", now where are these pictures? why isn't there any link in the article?

Also did a search in danish, since it was supposedly found in denmark, but as people might have guessed, i found nothing.

edit:

This is the website of the Veterinarian High School in Copenhagen, english version.

My link

I looked through the news of the different departments, in both danish and in english, again nothing about any strange skull.

This is their online research database, unfortunately there is no english version.

My link

I searched for skull ("kranium" in danish, if anyone who's not danish should wish to do a search), and what did i find? i am not sure you will believe this... but again i found nothing.

Edited by mutationman

That might be the nicest model of an alien skull I have ever seen!!!

Think so? Post a random image of a human skull on this thread. I'll photoshop it for a while and generate am image that looks just as good. (might take a day or two... I should actually do some work for a while)

Hi guys. I am a Swedish citizen living in Malmo, right across the sound from Copenhagen, and I remember the skull from the Danish newspaper Politiken back in 2007. Later again carbon date was mentioned. Just the picture and talk about the order is new to me.

To the person who said he could not find anything on the website of the Veterinarian Highschool: Are you aware how much research is made there? They have large chemestry departments and whatever making hundreds or thousands examinations every day. You can not expect to find reports on all their small examinations on internet. Just because there was nothing on internet about it does not mean that it does not exist. Some time has to be the first mention on internet. Maybe this was. Perhaps we should not judge too fast.

Smells like a hoax to me.

This is "Sealand" by the way:

sealand.jpg

lol i knew about that sealand before reading the article but i figured it just shared the name with a danish island. is there an island called sealand in denmark?

Think so? Post a random image of a human skull on this thread. I'll photoshop it for a while and generate am image that looks just as good. (might take a day or two... I should actually do some work for a while)

I have some wrinkly clothing, could you also do some irony for me? :P

I am sure you are a photoshop wiz, but you seemed to have missed my sarcastic praise of the image for not being what it claimed......

I could not find much on this either, nor much about the order. Normally topics like this have gained followers with web sites and all sorts of exploitation going on.

Does Kansas exist? Can you find yourself? Here is what Wikipedia says about Sealand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealand):

"Zealand (also Sealand; Danish: Sjælland; pronounced [ˈɕɛˌlænˀ]) is the largest island (7,031 km²) of Denmark (the 95th-largest island in the world). Zealand is connected to Funen by the Great Belt Bridge and to Sweden by the Oresund Bridge. The capital of Denmark, Copenhagen, is partly located on the eastern shore of Zealand and partly on Amager. Other cities on the island include Roskilde and Elsinore."

Not to mention that Google had 165,000 hits for "Sealand Denmark", 154,000 for "Zealand Denmark" and 359,000 for "Sjælland Denmark".

Does Kansas exist? Can you find yourself? Here is what Wikipedia says about Sealand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealand):

"Zealand (also Sealand; Danish: Sjælland; pronounced [ˈɕɛˌlænˀ]) is the largest island (7,031 km²) of Denmark (the 95th-largest island in the world). Zealand is connected to Funen by the Great Belt Bridge and to Sweden by the Oresund Bridge. The capital of Denmark, Copenhagen, is partly located on the eastern shore of Zealand and partly on Amager. Other cities on the island include Roskilde and Elsinore."

Not to mention that Google had 165,000 hits for "Sealand Denmark", 154,000 for "Zealand Denmark" and 359,000 for "Sjælland Denmark".

thank you!

still nothing though when searching for zealand skull