Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinosaurs are in the Bible

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

If these people are scientists as you claim, I've no doubt you can give us some names and papers.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#17    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

View Post747400, on 16 December 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

But these dinosaurs/Leviathans (Leviathi?) are supposed to have been living at the same time as Humans, aren't they? Like the one that swallowed Jonah. I think probably it'd most likely be either allegorical fables, of which the Bible is, as I'm sure people can agree, replete, or some other such as Crocodiles (which would have been something completely new to the Isrealites in Egypt) or whales, or perhaps Krakens.

MEGALODON !
*waves pom poms
Rah rah megalodon ,he's our man ! If he can't eat the saviour ,no one can !

Yyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaayyyyyy megalodon !!!!!!!

Miss me?

#18    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,540 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Some Scientist say we have dinosaurs living among us now. They been down sized bit, though.  We call them birds. You can't fit science or even history, to a book written 3000-1500 years ago. It is not a science book or history book.  I think I started as a collection of stories told by the fire to explain where we come from to children, that got out of hand.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#19    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

"And Jesus walked on his way to Nazareth, oh but the trail was blocked by a giant T-Rex, with a splinter in his paw. All of the apostles started running and shouting what a big lizard it was but Jesus was unafraid - Jesus took the splinter from the T-Rex's paw and the dinosaur became his friend. "I'm sure putting this is my book" said Luke, "I don't know what I saw" said Thomas" -Bill Hicks.

Check this out though, one of the deleted scenes from the Bible - Bad ass baby Jesus tell them Dragons to get lost. (Why didn't they keep bad ass Jesus in the bible instead of Hippy Jesus???)
http://christianbook...having_come.htm

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#20    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,162 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostSean93, on 16 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

"And Jesus walked on his way to Nazareth, oh but the trail was blocked by a giant T-Rex, with a splinter in his paw. All of the apostles started running and shouting what a big lizard it was but Jesus was unafraid - Jesus took the splinter from the T-Rex's paw and the dinosaur became his friend. "I'm sure putting this is my book" said Luke, "I don't know what I saw" said Thomas" -Bill Hicks.

Check this out though, one of the deleted scenes from the Bible - Bad ass baby Jesus tell them Dragons to get lost. (Why didn't they keep bad ass Jesus in the bible instead of Hippy Jesus???)
http://christianbook...having_come.htm

Posted Image

[img]http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/ed5cc221eb058dd64f904914c1a5a201/http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/super-duper_man/raptor-jesus.jpg[/img]

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Y'all just jealous of the great Christian scientists with their divine degree's   ..Of course there were dino's in the bible.. And yes, our planet is only 8000 or maybe even just 10,000 odd years old.  

I do not see how I could ever get embarrassed reading that OP.. it was..............Magic !!    Suck it up.. you heathens  !!

:P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 December 2012 - 08:52 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• 1,170 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

It seems that this claim of dinosaurs in the bible is nothing more than interpretation vs actual science.. besides..i am a bit perplexed how they even incorporated science into the claim seeing how all evidence is based on a few words from a book

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#23    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostCopen, on 16 December 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

Christians are becoming more aware that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible. Of course, they are not called dinosaurs but leviathans. The description of them satisfies many that this description of a serpent with a huge tail to be dinosaurs. They were here at the same time as humans and were here until the flood when they were suddenly wiped out.

On Day Five of the creation week, God created great "whales" - according to the KJV version. The KJV translation was finished in 1611. At that time, petrified dinosaur bones had not been discovered until the middle to late 1700's. Therefore, the KJV translators had nothing to compare with the Hebrew word "tanniym" except a whale. The word "tanniym" means preternatural marine/land hideous monster, dragon or whale.  Preternatural means out of the natural. Renditions of dinosaurs shows they are animals that look quite out of the natural from animals with us today.

They were created on Day Five. Five is God's number for death. These animals were intended to some day die. Which they did in Noah's flood. A day of creation consisted of an evening and a day. In other words, Day Five was 24 hours long just as the other creation days were 24 hours long. It did not take millions of years for all this to take place. God spoke them into existence.

Job 41: 1; Ps 74: 14; Ps 104: 26; Isa 27: 1 mentions the leviathan.

There are books by Christian scientists to be found on this subject at such sites as www.CreationResearchInstitute.com and www.AnswersInGenesis.com.

Pictures of these petrified bones still embedded in rock show they died in water and were quickly entombed in mud that caused them to not be exposed to the elements which normally cause decomposition. Glen Rose, TX has found and photographed foot prints of dinosaur tracks with human tracks preserved in a layer below the dinosaur tracks. The dinosaur tracks should have been below the human tracks if they were extinct by the time humans evolved millions of years later.

Scientific Christians have written books that show that the earth is from 8,000 to 10,000 years old at the oldest, not millions of years.
God bless us all is my prayer.

Because of a tail or tale? Cryptic animals satisfies me enough. KJB Bible? Seems to be a history bible. Cryptic animals didn't get killed in the flood or were they meant to rake in millions and millions of dollars or are they fake?

Edited by kampz, 17 December 2012 - 01:16 AM.

#24    Winter Summer

Winter Summer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• You're not where you left yourself.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostSean93, on 16 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Was said dinosaur sort of tall, roundish, fuzzy, purple, and a goof-off?

Silence often says much more
Than trying to say what's been said before.

#25    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostWinter Summer, on 17 December 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Was said dinosaur sort of tall, roundish, fuzzy, purple, and a goof-off?
Posted Image

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#26    Winter Summer

Winter Summer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• You're not where you left yourself.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Sean93, you saw him too!

Silence often says much more
Than trying to say what's been said before.

#27    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,405 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

View Post747400, on 16 December 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

But these dinosaurs/Leviathans (Leviathi?) are supposed to have been living at the same time as Humans, aren't they? Like the one that swallowed Jonah. I think probably it'd most likely be either allegorical fables, of which the Bible is, as I'm sure people can agree, replete, or some other such as Crocodiles (which would have been something completely new to the Isrealites in Egypt) or whales, or perhaps Krakens.

NO! NO! NO!

There is no allegory or symbolism. The bible is the divinely inspired word of goowad and every syllable is literally true. When David (or maybe it was Solomon) wrote that her body was a trunk and her breasts were ripe pomegranates and that he'd climb the trunk and grasp the pomegranates, he was saying he literally planned to have sex with a tree. There's no biblical law against it.

#28    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,162 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

View Postsam12six, on 17 December 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

NO! NO! NO!

There is no allegory or symbolism. The bible is the divinely inspired word of goowad and every syllable is literally true. When David (or maybe it was Solomon) wrote that her body was a trunk and her breasts were ripe pomegranates and that he'd climb the trunk and grasp the pomegranates, he was saying he literally planned to have sex with a tree. There's no biblical law against it.

Come to think of it, I don't think there are biblical laws about having sex with anything other than your same sex..... and that's only OT, so everything else is fair game!!!!!

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#29    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,405 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 17 December 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Come to think of it, I don't think there are biblical laws about having sex with anything other than your same sex..... and that's only OT, so everything else is fair game!!!!!

The only sex rules I know of are don't have sex with other men, don't have sex with animals, don't covet another man's wife. Besides those yeah - if you can catch it, you can do it!!

#30    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostWinter Summer, on 17 December 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Sean93, you saw him too!

OMG, it's a sign!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users