Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Californians are currently being disarmed!

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#31    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

You can see how upset most of the citizens are, their response to this mass confiscating and bursting into their homes. Then look at the Liberal Media, the way they are portraying this.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#32    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,894 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

View Postaztek, on 07 February 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

if the guns were illegal, and not registered how do they know where to go?

Exactly, If these people were truely criminals, how would the police know they had "assault weapons" (BTW what weapons are non-assault weapons?)

#33    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,400 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 07 February 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Exactly, If these people were truely criminals, how would the police know they had "assault weapons" (BTW what weapons are non-assault weapons?)

AR-15 isn't a assault rifle, it is a glorified hunting rifle that shoots 22 rounds. AR-15 isn't even in the class of assault rifle. Just because it got AR on the name, they think it is a Assault Rifle, which is funny due to the ignorance of the Politicians.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#34    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

How do they know which homes have the AR 15s,if its illegal ?
Illegal AR 15s would be off the grid and not registered.
If multiple homes have these guns illegally,how can police know which ones ?
I'm looking at a gun forum post ,and its saying there are legal AR 15s in Cali . Why I do not know .
Another link has seizure of AR 15s in a bust not a gun bust .
Are you sure you didnt see an old news clip of that,and not a mass seizure of guns for no reason ?

Miss me?

#35    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,688 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 07 February 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

It would appear that they're people on California's armed prohibited person list - people who have previously been ordered to hand their guns in due to being convicted Felons or becoming Mentally Ill since originally buying their guns, but have failed to do so.

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

Edited by Tiggs, 07 February 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#36    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

so if you have not registered it, they wont know and wont come after it, why would ppl register guns than?

Edited by aztek, 07 February 2013 - 12:56 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#37    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,400 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-illegal-guns/

Things are getting extremely tense in California... If they can get away with this, what makes you think they are going to stop there? It is a overwhelming liberal state, so they are heading in the direction of complete disarment.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 07 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#38    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostTiggs, on 07 February 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

It would appear that they're people on California's armed prohibited person list - people who have previously been ordered to hand their guns in due to being convicted Felons or becoming Mentally Ill since originally buying their guns, but have failed to do so.

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all
That makes more sense then.
When my uncle died. He had lived with us in an apartment upstairs .
This is 1990 mind you . He had registered guns .
I'm not sure how long after he died this occured,as I was at work ,and my mom was retired ,cops came knocking on the door,and wanted his guns.
When its noted that an owner of registered guns has died ,the police come collect them .That actually seems wrong to me somehow,given his,estate should be able to sell them ,but the police don't agree ,and you're not monetarily compensated .

Miss me?

#39    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I wonder if they go to south central, to remove guns from gangs, there are plenty of armed felons. I think not, and those gangsters will still have their guns, still do shootings and drive by. but will se in few months if CA became safer, but i'm pretty sure we will see things turn 180*

RESIDENT TROLL.

#40    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,400 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Some people reporting that their guns are being reported stolen by police, forcing them to give up their guns on Twitter.

#41    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 February 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

That makes more sense then.

yea, it starts with them, but ends with you.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#42    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 07 February 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

AR-15 isn't a assault rifle, it is a glorified hunting rifle that shoots 22 rounds. AR-15 isn't even in the class of assault rifle. Just because it got AR on the name, they think it is a Assault Rifle, which is funny due to the ignorance of the Politicians.

It shoots the same rounds as the military fires in their M16s.

There's a vast difference between whats called a .22 round and the .223 that an AR15 fires.

You can see how upset most of the citizens are, their response to this mass confiscating and bursting into their homes.

Perhaps its because people keep jumping to conclusions and starting rumors that California is confiscating everyones guns.

In fact, if you look at this video http://www.cbsnews.c.../?id=50140513nm (assuming the link works), the confiscations are hardly as aggressive as I had assumed you meant from your other posts.

Tell me, are people really against taking away guns from felons and the mentally ill? If not, then why is it an issue that the police are doing their job and removing the guns?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#43    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

View Postaztek, on 07 February 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

I wonder if they go to south central, to remove guns from gangs, there are plenty of armed felons. I think not, and those gangsters will still have their guns, still do shootings and drive by. but will se in few months if CA became safer, but i'm pretty sure we will see things turn 180*

For crying out loud! They're taking the guns away from felons.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#44    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostStellar, on 07 February 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

For crying out loud! They're taking the guns away from felons.

so? south central, is full of them.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#45    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

*snip*  Stellar this is serious.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 08 February 2013 - 04:02 AM.
Removed flame bait- AsteroidX do not edit a quote after a mod edit to attempt to make yourself look better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users