Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sighting of a elchupa?

Deicide

Hi, cool forums. Anyway, a few months ago, I had kind of a strange encounter.

I live in the foothills of northern california, fairly far from the town. It was about 1 in the morning, very large and bright moon, cold and clear, and I went outside for a cig. So, about a minute out there, I hear something fairly heavy tromping down the hill above my house(which is sunk in quite aways from the hill). Though I have never once seen any dog on my property, I figured it was just a lost dog or racoons or something like that, and ignore it as the stomping seems to die off.

Now, from the hill, there is a long walkway leading down. It leads to the steps to the house. The steps come down about 10 feet, go to the left about 20 feet, and down to grond level.

I had almost finished my cig and was about to go in when I felt like I was being watched. I thought I heard a ragged breath. I was scarred then, but more scared when I turned around. Bushes overshadowed the top of the steps because of the angle of the moon, but I could see breath. I about **** myself at that point and turned for the door about 5 feet away. As SOON as I turned I heard it bolt down the stairs, nails clacking and breathing hard. I turned my head as I hopped for the door, and I saw something shinny black, looked like creases on it's back, not huge but like a med-small dog, but stubbier.Did not see the face. I slamed that door and just about had a heart attack. Whatever it was, it was agressive. any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by Deicide

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad Manfred

• Deicide

• greychupa

• fallingalien

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unfamiliar with the wildlife where you live, but it sounds like either a feral cat (they can get big) or a small rottweiler?

Sorry, but what are creases ?

It does sound like some type of dog.

Creases are what you get on your clothes if you don't iron wink2.gif

He's using it to describe the folds in the creatures flesh.

Most of my friends said they thought it would be a dog, but...the sound it made, i've never heard any dog make that kind of noise, it was gutteral. Heavy too.