Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worshipper rips out both eyes

Bracket

Churchgoers were left stunned after a man tore out both his eyeballs in the middle of a priest's sermon at Sunday Mass in a scene that resembled a horror film.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Brutal :o Just hold up your hand to your eye ball and grip a little... Very uneasy feeling. :unsure:

Edited by __Kratos__

Now that's hardcore! If I even began to rip my eyes out I wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to go all the way.

Brutal :o Just hold up your hand to your eye ball and grip a little... Very uneasy feeling. :unsure:

I don't care what's going on my head doing that would not be even an option. Very uneasy indeed.

Sad. One eye would have kept him from hell fire .

Matthew 18:9

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version

Now that's hardcore! If I even began to rip my eyes out I wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to go all the way.

laughed at this comment, i feel what you mean tho. just can't bear the thought -.-

Wait a minute.....BOTH his eyeballs?

You mean that crazy fellah got on his knees, slowly ripped his eye off till it was completely destroyed. Then after experiencing the most horrible pain he goes for the other one??

Damn...

Sad. One eye would have kept him from hell fire .

Matthew 18:9

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version

lol true

"Where we're going we wont need eyes to see." - event horizon

It would take alot of determination and a good grip to do that

Obviously proof that religion needs to be banned.

If this was a case of somebody on psychedelics the religious nuts would be having a field day, z0mg drugs are bad mmmkay.

So i gotta take the other side of the fence when stuff like this happens!

In the Bible a passage from the Gospel of St Matthew, Jesus tells his disciples: 'If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.

Obviously Jesus wants you to self-mutilate yourself, as all people sin through viewing, as this is known as lust.

BAN religion! :devil::lol:

Edited by UziStuNNa1

Sounds like someone missed all the signs for the need of an Exorcism on that guy.

I have a hard time taking out my contact lenses sometimes... I couldn't imagine RIPPING my eyes out of their sockets. :wacko:

Obviously proof that religion needs to be banned.

If this was a case of somebody on psychedelics the religious nuts would be having a field day, z0mg drugs are bad mmmkay.

So i gotta take the other side of the fence when stuff like this happens!

Obviously Jesus wants you to self-mutilate yourself, as all people sin through viewing, as this is known as lust.

BAN religion! :devil::lol:

You can't ban religion. It's an idea. Plus, I highly doubt that religion was the actual reason that this man tore out his own eyes. Voices told him to do it? That sounds an awful lot like mental illness to me, and severe mental illness at that. Though he might believe that angels or demons told him to do it, the voices themselves resulted from some condition he probably has.

I was only playing devil's advocate, no pun intended...

And of course an organized government could ban organized religion; if they can ban drugs, they can for sure ban religion, as religion is the 'opiate of the people'.

And yes, this man has needed some help long before this act happened. He just probably was a shy/quiet man and nobody really noticed anything until he committed this act.

Religion doesn't turn people into crazy lunatics, just as drugs don't turn people into crazy lunatics. The craziness was already there, and the religion/ the drug helped push them to where they would have gone already.

Wow, that guy has some serious cojones. Can't even imagine how crazy someone would have to be to put themselves through that kind of pain.

• Like 1

lol true

"Where we're going we wont need eyes to see." - event horizon

It would take alot of determination and a good grip to do that

I was thinking the exact same scene from Event Horizon!!

He saw the Lord...

And sight of him was too much...

I would have loved to see a guy do that.

I'd laugh like hell.

This guy has some serious mental issues. It's a pity he didn't get the proper help he needed in time to prevent his own maiming. :no:

If I ever saw Oprah naked, same effect.

Oprah... Maybe one eye. Rosie O'Donnell... Both eyes.

He saw the Lord...

And sight of him was too much...

I think if you see the Lord, he just kills you dead, no messing around with tearing of eyeballs.

Oprah... Maybe one eye. Rosie O'Donnell... Both eyes.

I think if you see the Lord, he just kills you dead, no messing around with tearing of eyeballs.

It must have been Cthulhu, then. :nw:

I would have loved to see a guy do that.

I'd laugh like hell.

Why? that's just like seeing a old lady get badly injured and not helping but just laughing.