Photo

Self-hypnosis...

Posted by Mnemonix , 30 August 2012 · 457 views

So far my attempts at self-hypnosis haven't been very effective.

What I did, was recorded some hypnotic scripts. I was expecting to be able to fall asleep while listening.

Haven't fallen asleep yet, though.

I'll keep on going until I'm successful.

If something isn't working, I must be making a mistake somewhere.

If this works, it's good news for me and will open up much more possibilities.

As always, Any advice or suggestions is welcome and appreciated.

if you hypnotize yourself, who brings you out of it?

The Mule, on 30 August 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

if you hypnotize yourself, who brings you out of it?

If you fall asleep during hypnosis, you'll wake out of it as you do normal sleep.

You also can actually bring yourself back to consciousness, no matter how deep you are.

Professor T
Aug 30 2012 09:08 PM
Hi,
    I've read a few of your posts oh King of Memory, and just have one question...
Why?
What is the crux behind this desire to improve memory & consiousness so much? I can understand self improvement being a reason, but what's the reason behind that?

Just curious..

Professor T, on 30 August 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Hi,
I've read a few of your posts oh King of Memory, and just have one question...
Why?
What is the crux behind this desire to improve memory & consiousness so much? I can understand self improvement being a reason, but what's the reason behind that?

Just curious..

I think my interest in memory and hypnosis may have come from the same place a long time ago.

My first experience with hypnosis, has made me very interested in the matter. I've been interested in how the mind can affect the body, such as controlling body temperature, blocking out pain, ect. I want to be proficient in the skill so I can change my body if the need arises.

The memory thing may just be a pet hobby, but I found that learning memory skills has helped me remember information that I previously struggled with. I'm also planning on entering a memory competition, and it helps to have a purpose of some sort in life. Or so I've been told :)

Basically, I just want to become better than what I am now, so that I can feel that I made something out of my life.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tags

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Professor T
    31 Aug 2012 - 21:54
  • Photo
    The Mule