Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters fake EVP in the last episode?

Regoc

First excuse my English.

I watched some of the Ghost Hunters episodes and clips and I really liked them but here’s my problem.

If you watched “Asylum” episode 9 (last episode) of season 4 there was this creepy “breath EVP” at the end which sounded fake but I did not notice somebody whispering “two one go” before breath until I read one You Tube comment.

You can hear somebody saying “ two, one go” before EVP during

”reveal” at the end and it was not Grant or Jason. It looks like it was recorded with “EVP”.

You can clearly see graphic view of EVP breath audio file including “ two , one go” on monitors during investigation and reveal.

When Steve played the file first time before Jason and Grant he skipped “two, one . go” and it is visible on screen, it looks intentional.

The EVP was played exactly after “go”, you can see where “two, one go” ends.

But during the reveal at the end they played the whole file with “two, one, go”.

I thought at first it is part of background music.

Listen and watch the audio file closely at 0:11 and at 5:05 and then again at 5:25-5:26 when Grant loop plays the file and it goes again to the starting loop point ( you’ll hear again “two”) after breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWTiZONs2so...laynext_from=QL

This particular episode looked staged from the beginning. Even their reactions looked unconvincing like there were acting and not really doing the good job. Breath EVP sounded fake to me even before I heard “2,1 go”.

Perhaps some of the recorded sounds were real but they decided to add extra creepy touch with that last.

I also have problem with Eastern State Penitentiary footage of apparition. TAPS claim that it was too fast to be human but you can see by movements of dust particles that video was sped.

up.

It wouldn’t bother me if someone ( perhaps Sci-Fi channel) faked some evidence without TAPS knowing it but I’m suspicious about these two cases because it seems that altering was done during investigation of the footage by TAPS.

I was getting really interested in Ghost Hunters because of their claims of objectivity and scientific approach. I didn’t see it as entertainment only but as an investigation of unexplained phenomena with serious implications but now I don’t know what to think about them.

Edited by Regoc

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plainbob13

• Radian

• Pluto-x

• JustNormal

:blink: Well , I didn't see the episode,but the 2,1,go sounds like someone counting down like when they go to a commerical break or something.The next time I call my sister in New York I'll ask her as she works in television up there.

After seeing some of the other things I don't really trust TAPS anymore. As far as last night goes, the old saying about things being too good to be true comes to mind.

I dont believe they would fake evidence but scifi might have them put things on the air that isnt evidence. Meaning I bet you so of those evps they've debunked knowing that it might be themselves but scifi might have them use it as evidence. Unfortunately when you're locked into a contract with a major network you kinda become a prisoner.

In their defense...

I agree that I think it would be the network faking or adding things in there rather than TAPS. I don't think TAPS would come this far to just start faking or forging evidence. The networks have the final say but I think Jay & Grant have a lot of say in the show too. Without them there is no show. Since Ghost Hunters is their #1 show on Sci fi I highly doubt they would fake. That would be pretty stupid on their part to ruin a really good thing.

Some things are purposely staged for scenes. But fake evidence? You would have to be pretty convincing to me to believe they would even consider faking evidence.

The show last nite reminded me of Most Haunted. With the asking for knocks, then bam there ar the knocks.

The knocks seem to be frequent lately? Its happened on more than one episode. Some things can be questionable but could be coincidence?

The knocks seem to be frequent lately? Its happened on more than one episode. Some things can be questionable but could be coincidence?

Good point. I ws waiting for on of them to get possessed.

Last thing we need for TAPS to start doing is the old Derek spook possession impersonations...

Last thing we need for TAPS to start doing is the old Derek spook possession impersonations...

Well they are already doing the knocking from Most Haunted. Why go all the way.

Well, if they do, I'm just going to cry.

Want a tissue!? LOL

Even if they faked anything, Ithink they would still be the top rated show due to their competition being no competition at all.

Want a tissue!? LOL

Even if they faked anything, Ithink they would still be the top rated show due to their competition being no competition at all.

Yep.

OMG, what competition?

Of course, I had my best laughs with Derek and him being possessed by spooks... :lol:

the other, it's just .... I can't think of a decent word to describe it.

I dont understand WHY Sci Fi would produce lies regarding evidence, thats so wrong. I would think if the ratings were going down they would discuss it, and send them to well known haunted places. I believe what happened, is what I felt all along. TRUST ME I feel bad about this. But they performed investigations one after the other forever and never got evidence. Most of us know, even people like me and you, that its not that difficult to get evidence of some sort anyway. I stand by the fact that if they brought a medium or sensitive in, they would get a whole lot more. Sprits dont respond to technical gadgets, but to people who know how to talk to them. For example, Donna always says "did you die here?" That is wrong, because most dont know they are dead. There is a way to bring them out, and all the technology in the world isnt going to do it, people do it..JN

Well, in the early seasons we don't know what evidence was thrown out in editing either. Maybe the point of the show (previously) was only show the best documented footage.. but changed to accept more overall footage.. Just a thought!

Edited by Shankpin

Without raw footage from all the cameras and audio devices we really can't say anything one way or the other. I doubt that TAPS would knowingly fake evidence, though Brian and a few others overact at every place they investigate.

I don't really understand how they expect to truly get decent evidence over 8 hours anyways.

Well, in the early seasons we don't know what evidence was thrown out in editing either. Maybe the point of the show (previously) was only show the best documented footage.. but changed to accept more overall footage.. Just a thought!

Problem with this particular fake EVP is that during reveal when they played it before the client it was so audible. They all must’ve heard the countdown and still pretended to be amazed by breathing “EVP”. It means it was done intentionally by TAPS members and the client knew what was going on.

The only alternative explanation is that what we hear during reveal is different audio track inserted during post production by Sci-fi staff but somebody screwed and played the unedited file.

Still it doesn’t explain why would Steve skip this “countdown” part during investigation when he played the file before the Jason and Grant. You can see it was the identical file with same little spikes.

I work as sound FX designer for video games developer so I’m used to “seeing” sounds in audio editor and there was definitely something going on there not only before but even after we hear breathing “EVP”. Perhaps somebody talking , laughing, moving away from the site after recording fake EVP and then it stopped and we can see flat wave file again in audio editing software.

I don't hear it. I just don't. I'm starting to think it's the same effect as guessing what an unclear EVP sound is saying, it's the power of suggestion. I don't hear anything close to "Two, one, go".

I don't hear it. I just don't. I'm starting to think it's the same effect as guessing what an unclear EVP sound is saying, it's the power of suggestion. I don't hear anything close to "Two, one, go".

Listen carefully at 5:05 you will hear someone whispering “2,1, go” then at 5:25 after breathing noise you can hear again “two” when player goes back to start loop marker. I don’t think it was just “matrixing” since audio is not only audible but also visible in software and too perfectly matched. I did consider other possibilities though . Crosstalk is one of them if they used analog transfer at certain point or if original EVP was recorded on an older analog tape recorder and then later transferred to digital equipment via speaker>mic>audio interface instead of digital transfer.

I know that some PI teams use old analog tape equipment for recording EVPs

If this was the case then it is possible that somebody would have whispered “2,1 go” to signal the start of recording but if we use Occam’s Razor then intentional faking should be taken in consideration as the first most likely answer.

Just to be clear, I wish it wasn't. I hope that TAPS is not faking the evidence just to boost the ratings or at least that they are not faking everything but only spicing things up a little bit when they investigate famous haunting locations. It would be very unprofessional and unethical to do the same when it comes to investigations of private homes.

If all else fails ask TAPS. If enough people ask the sight will respond.

I heard it for the first time, but whats up with music? JN

Nope they will not. They were asked over and over after the manson house thermals. And Jasons reply was to insult people.