Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

occupations

Big cheese

With the many views held by posters in this section i thought it would be interesting to see if peoples occupations are a reflection of there views, also it may help to understand were people are coming from

So is/was your job

1 Science related

2 religion related

3 Education related

4 Other

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• positron

• SpeedOfDark

• distortedpandy

• RachelM

My last job was money related. :w00t: What else is a job for?

Well I use a computer and need to know the properties of certain metals, does that make me a scientist?

The Seraphina is in her honours year of a cellular and microbiology and immunology course. She pays her way through university by working in a coffee shop. Seraphina sees her job as being a student.

And yes, she often speaks in the third person. And yes...this certainly does fit my veiws as far as science/religion are concerned...although to be honest, my being an athiest far predates the course. I've really been an athiest since early primary (elementary) school.

With the many views held by posters in this section i thought it would be interesting to see if peoples occupations are a reflection of there views, also it may help to understand were people are coming from

So is/was your job

1 Science related

2 religion related

3 Education related

4 Other

My last job was money related. Watching little chiddlins (kids) at an indoor playground in a mall.

I... have not had any success finding a job after that place closed.

You'll never guess. Even though I am a very outspoken defender of all things Theistic, I am indeed a student of science. Sophomore year majoring in marine biology.

You decide

One time Welder/Fabricator (certified)

Currently in charge of a computer lab ( and getting certified)

Heh heh...

In the past year...I have sold ceramic and porcelain floor tile, worked as an interior designer, done some home construction, assembled computers, worked as a network engineer for Cingular, tutored high school students, and been a drive tester.

The year before that was even more interesting.

Medical laboratory Technologist working for Customer Service at a large national laboratory company. Also part-time stage magician, and telephone psychic. Under my real name, an extremely minor poet and author with very few published works.

I'm currently studying for a BSc in Conservation Biology & work part time as Home Care Assistant & as Santa's little Helper in an Art Gallery.

Before that, I've worked as a Recruitment Manager, Cocktail Waitress, Minder of a handicapped girl, accountant, shop assistant, made organic shampoos, chef in a bistro, worked in a factory that fabricated electrical sockets, and few other things... :)

Iv`e been commercial fishing off the coast of Maine since i was 14 with a 4 year break to be in the military 87-91. :devil:

Education related.

Surf Life Saver/Lifeguard at my local beach every Saturday and Sunday.

Pool Lifeguard on weekdays at my local pool, im also a swimming teacher for adults and children.

I'm an other. Office manager for a landscape company.

Maybe you should have had a boring category. :P

LOL Indeed. I'm a cook in a nursing home! It's not that bad, though. Some of the oldies are pretty spiffy.

LOL Indeed. I'm a cook in a nursing home! It's not that bad, though. Some of the oldies are pretty spiffy.

Im new to this forum so let me just say I teach religion and philosophy part-time and am currently studying for my doctorate degree. My thesis is based around the philosophical approaches to religious/spiritual experiences. Any of your opinions would be graetly appreciated

Student of Mathematics and Physics (and hopefully Astrophysics in the very near future).

In the process of obtaining my Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry

Currently doing research in Argonne National Lab

I am but a lowly student. I loathe school. But I must endure it none the less.

I work in the private security sector, I own and am active with my company and several sister companies Bodyguard Services International and just getting into the Airsoft market in a big way.

I am a drafter/designer for a steel fab. company. My previous jobs include shipping clerk, steel plate inspector, paintline operator, mill operator, forklift operator(shipping/receiving) and student on and off during this time. I guess I fall under the other category.

My occupation is raising kids. But I also work behind the bar at concerts. Before I had kids I was a Barista (I made coffee :P )

Business Administration .... Office Manager for a Health Dept. & Security Services.

B)

I have to say that i like all your jobs, well sorta. I've been many things from a framer of homes that we exported to countries in earthquake prone areas. We have manufactured hospitals, retirement homes for California. Homes for Japan, that I have to say were a bit tiny, but safe. I did that for years as a framer. Know i work for an import company that brings in flooring. IE hardwood, ceramic, lino,carpet well you name it.

I would love to trade my job for one of yours for a week, i sit behind a desk and have my head glued to the phone or try to type and sometimes both at the same time, owe my freaken neck lol