Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in your life? ... :ph34r:

Edited by xBlackDahliax
  • Like 1

About Schmidt

• Like 2

Ahahaha Justin Beiber movie..

Anyway,

some actual scary movies:

Mirrors

Descent 1, 2, 3

Exorcist

The Eye (Japanese version)

• Like 1

The Orphanage (Spanish movie) and REC (also Spanish but has an American remake called Quarentine) were scary and good, but overall The Exorcist still terrifies me and probably always will do.

• Like 3

The Shining. It so scared me as a kid (Just the trailer, yeah I am that old lol). And then when I did see it as a preteen I couldn't finish watching it. The Twin scene, the Tub scene and halls running with blood still freaks me out to this day.

• Like 5

Ahahaha Justin Beiber movie..

Anyway,

some actual scary movies:

Mirrors

Descent 1, 2, 3

Exorcist

The Eye (Japanese version)

You had me excited then! I rushed to google quickfast to find the descent 3, not made yet unfortunately :P

I agree about the exorcist, that was terrifying, although I was 10 at the time, if i watched it now i'd probably be alright with it :D

• Like 2

The first "Alien" movie. Ridley Scott borrowed much from "Jaws" by concealing most of the alien, playing on the fear of the unknown and rarely showing the whole creature on the screen. That, coupled with the isolation of space and the parasitic nature of the xenomorph really gave me the willies. The sets, especially the alien cargo ship were very other worldly and creepy. Even today the movie does not look dated. Both a great horror and sci-fi film all in one.

• Like 6

When I was a Kid,I was scared by King Kong and Godzilla,but when I got older I would have to say the Exocist!

Justin Beiber: Never Say Never

I can't believe you admitted to seeing that. :lol:

That's nothing compared to My Little Pony: The Movie.

This... I can believe. :P

The Orphanage (Spanish movie) and REC (also Spanish but has an American remake called Quarentine) were scary and good, but overall The Exorcist still terrifies me and probably always will do.

I want to see The Orphanage soooo bad, but as of yet have been too lazy to read subtitles. I'll get there one day. :yes:

The movies that scared me more than anything, I'll probably get laughed at, lol. Doesn't matter, they put me on edge for a long long while.

The Grudge

The Ring (Not EVEN going to mention how terrified I was a week later :ph34r: )

It

There was one other movie that really terrified me. Someone, prolly an exboyfriend or something pffft, took all my strangest personal fears and put them on screen! The plot was horrible, the actors SUCKED, the effects tarded, the writing... well you get the point. HOWEVER, because this movie played on my most secret fears, it REALLY got to me.

Kolobos.

• Like 3

The Shining. It so scared me as a kid (Just the trailer, yeah I am that old lol). And then when I did see it as a preteen I couldn't finish watching it. The Twin scene, the Tub scene and halls running with blood still freaks me out to this day.

"That's strange, the blood usually gets off on the third floor".

• Like 1

How bad is it that no movie actually scares me at all? I've been waiting for a movie to come along that actually scares me but so far...nothing.

Maybe if I did see that Justin Beiber movie though, I've been too scared to see it.

Edited by arenee
  • Like 5

Justin Beiber: Never Say Never

Delete post now lol for your own good really lol

Edited by The Silver Thong

That's nothing compared to My Little Pony: The Movie.

Same with you.

• Like 1

How bad is it that no movie actually scares me at all? I've been waiting for a movie to come along that actually scares me but so far...nothing.

Maybe if I did see that Justin Beiber movie though, I've been too scared to see it.

Yeah that's why I asked ^^ I've never actually seen one that has proper terrified me.

I rarely get scared by horror films but I think the scariest one I've seen recently is The Fourth Kind. The original version of The Eye was good but it lost its way about 2/3s in.

The films that made me jump the most are probably Drag Me To Hell and White Noise 2: The Light.

I was about 13 when I first saw The Exorcist and I found it more funny than anything else. I think I was aware of the subliminal images in it before I watched it though. I wonder how much effect they actually have on people when watching that film.

I rarely get scared by horror films but I think the scariest one I've seen recently is The Fourth Kind. The original version of The Eye was good but it lost its way about 2/3s in.

The films that made me jump the most are probably Drag Me To Hell and White Noise 2: The Light.

I was about 13 when I first saw The Exorcist and I found it more funny than anything else. I think I was aware of the subliminal images in it before I watched it though. I wonder how much effect they actually have on people when watching that film.

the fourth kind is a great film!

'i am god'

• Like 1

Hands down, at least for me it was " The Exorcist" I am a Catholic boy and that movie did and always will terrify me. Oh, when I was a little kid I can remember " The Wizard of Oz" movie and those damn flying monkeys scared the crap out of me,LOL :w00t:

• Like 2

The only movie thats ever given me nightmares is Mulholland Drive. Dunno why, but it affects me on a really fundamental level.

The 4th kind really scared me, so did Paranormal Activity. Other than that I can't really think of any. Oh yeah.. Emily Rose was really creepy.

From childhood.... The exorcist, Dollie Dearest, Pet Sematary, Pumpkin Head. :w00t:

• Like 2

The only movie thats ever given me nightmares is Mulholland Drive. Dunno why, but it affects me on a really fundamental level.

That guy behind the diner?

• Like 1

That guy behind the diner?

Weirdly not. Its everything else. Especially the Silencio section. It just freaks me out. :/

There are "scary" movies, of which the Exorcist is a prime example and then there are the ones that were artfully crafted to wrap themselves around your psyche and take you for a ride days or months after you left the theatre. I love a good scare like everyone else but most movies I watch now give me only the immediate scare and done. The film that creeped me out the most and for the longest and truthfully still gives me the willies long after watching is 'Carnival of Souls', the original. (I believe there was a remake a few years back) Its B/W and has some great camera angle work going. If you haven't seen it, give it a try, just don't think you will come away quite the same.

Yeah that's why I asked ^^ I've never actually seen one that has proper terrified me.

EEK! What does that say about us?? :devil: