Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#76    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

The subject of ET visitation.
Even with...

- photos
- videos
- radar evidence
- credible witnesses in some cases mass sightings

There are many good examples.
In my mind, there's certainly sufficient proof to say there is an unexplained phenomenon happening.  But still, it's a helluva leap to say it's extraterrestrial in origin.

We always get back to the "why don't they just land and say hello" theory.

A good part of the problem is that there are very credible misinformationists, disinformationists, grandstanders getting podium time to cloud the issue.

Too much BS.  Now we can't see the forest for the trees.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#77    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 28 September 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

Not witnesses with inconsistent accounts over more than one night, accounts (and the location of events) which in the case of Penniston have changed and been embellished over the years.  

Well, I don't believe that either.  Of course that seems to be the standard line on the "skeptical" side, just as they always keep reviving that flying lighthouse idea, but I don't think that's true either.

They are just trying to cloud up the whole issue, as usual.

#78    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 28 September 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

We always get back to the "why don't they just land and say hello" theory.

In this case they did.  There were at least four of the "entities" that came out to say "hello", and even the base commander saw them.  

There are pictures and videos of the UFOs that landed, and even radar screen reports.  There are plenty of reports from people who not only saw landed UFOs but "entities" as well.

Now there are always going to be people who deny these things, no matter what kind of evidence is presented--even evidence from previously classified files on the case.  I can do do nothing about such deliberately obtuse and dishonest people, but only post the evidence here in hopes that there are also some more genuine and honest people out there willing to look through the usual smokescreen of BS and denial that gets thrown up over all these important UFO/ET cases.

#79    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

And what they won't tell you is that there were indeed reports of more than one UFO landing at Rendlesham in 1980, as well as "occupants" who seemed to be able to materialize and dematerialize outside these craft.  Perhaps no one knows what they were or where they came from, but they were reported in this case right from the start in December 1980.

#80    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Apparantently the whole planet is having a mass haliucination regarding UFO's according to the government. We are all immagining things and they are the only people who know the truth. They must think the whole world is stupid. :alien: :cry:

#81    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postminera, on 28 September 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Apparantently the whole planet is having a mass haliucination regarding UFO's according to the government. We are all immagining things and they are the only people who know the truth. They must think the whole world is stupid. :alien: :cry:
Bold conclusion, I must say...

Well, tell me what you see here:
Posted Image

and the tell me what you see here:
Posted Image

And then tell me you are not fooled  by your perception.

Visual perception (worst case scenario - I know what I see overconfidence) in aviation accidents/incidents/mishaps is still huge problem, no matter state-of-the-art hardware is used: when pilot (for some reason) "abandons" instruments, high chance bad things will happen (and still happening).

Same applies to UFO: when your mind (experience) starts to interfere with unknown, all sorts of miracles may happen.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#82    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,724 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Quote from psychic101: There were reports of drugs on base, we hear that about every military installation at one time or another. It happens, and we all know it does, these brave people are in fact people, and do things people do. This is not disrespectful of the heroes who cover our backsides with their own lives, it means they have a social life, like most people on the planet.

So since you are a thorough on drug use on military bases. Did Halt and Penniston have a history of drug use?

Edited by Ryegrog, 29 September 2012 - 03:13 AM.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#83    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Your new avatar is nowhere near as cute as your old one.  Just sayin'...  ;)

#84    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostRyegrog, on 29 September 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

So since you are a thorough on drug use on military bases. Did Halt and Penniston have a history of drug use?

No, I never heard any such thing and I didn't even bother to respond to it.  More than one UFO was seen, both in the air and on the ground at that time.  As for drugs, a very different kind may have been used on some of the witnesses after the fact.  It has happened before.

#85    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

I would add that the base commander, Col. Ted Conrad, has not been truthful in his "recollections" of these events.

#86    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

I would add that the base commander, Col. Ted Conrad, has not been truthful in his "recollections" of these events.

Why would you add that?  Do you have some kind of evidence to back this up or is it just another example of how you mysteriously know more than anyone else regarding this subject in general?

#87    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 September 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Why would you add that?  Do you have some kind of evidence to back this up or is it just another example of how you mysteriously know more than anyone else regarding this subject in general?

Haven't I proved myself 100 times over by now?

#88    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,370 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Haven't I proved myself 100 times over by now?

No! Rather the opposite.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#89    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,724 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 September 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

Your new avatar is nowhere near as cute as your old one.  Just sayin'...  ;)

A lot of females have told me that.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#90    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 29 September 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

No! Rather the opposite.

I disagree, because I just did again on this thread.

Incidentally, Col. Conrad and others were rightly nervous about UFO interest in nuclear weapons, their ability to come and go over secret facilities at all, and even "interfere" with them in some way.

It has happened many times over the decades, more than most people realize.

What if these peculiar aliens feel like setting off a nuclear bomb?  They certainly could if they wanted to.  Some people think that these incursions are not just for purposes of observation but a warning about what they could do if they felt like it.  You see what I mean?

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 29 September 2012 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users