Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Searching for The Kraken’s Cousin:

Still Waters

I'm not really a squid expert, so giving an estimation would be a bit irresponsible.

But I would guess it's pretty large. Definitely something I'd like that research team, or at least another one, to try again and see what turns up. That could be a whole new species sitting down there waiting to be discovered.

What I don't understand is why haven't anyone mounted another expedition trying to figure out what that was?

What I don't understand is why haven't anyone mounted another expedition trying to figure out what that was?

I honestly have no idea. It's such a wasted opportunity. We have video evidence of something unusual being there, let's go find out what it is. Makes sense, right?

All I can come up with is that the original expedition was more expensive than it seems, and they could only afford it with the efforts of MonsterQuest's financial backers. Now that the show has its episode, they don't need to fund anything else.

I honestly have no idea. It's such a wasted opportunity. We have video evidence of something unusual being there, let's go find out what it is. Makes sense, right?

All I can come up with is that the original expedition was more expensive than it seems, and they could only afford it with the efforts of MonsterQuest's financial backers. Now that the show has its episode, they don't need to fund anything else.

Any squidxpert should love to learn what that thing was! OR they already know and is wasn't anything special... =/

Any squidxpert should love to learn what that thing was! OR they already know and is wasn't anything special... =/

I don't think it's something non-special. It's very large, so even if it was an identified species (say, Architeuthis or the colossal) we still don't know much about either of those species as we don't have very much experience with live specimens.

I don't think it's something non-special. It's very large, so even if it was an identified species (say, Architeuthis or the colossal) we still don't know much about either of those species as we don't have very much experience with live specimens.

Its a sad thing is what it is, I mean wheres the sense of discovery :tu:

I'd like an expert to watch it and comment it; that way we'd know if it's any thing special for sure... I don't really trust MQ THAT much as to blindly trust them when they say they found something :P