Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Severed Hands Discovered in Ancient Egypt

Big Bad Voodoo

I wonder who those very large hands belonged to, the Anunnaki.

This part in the article made me chuckle:

One account is written on the tomb wall of Ahmose, son of Ibana, an Egyptian fighting in a campaign against the Hyksos. Written about 80 years later than the time the 16 hands were buried, the inscription reads in part:

"Then I fought hand to hand. I brought away a hand. It was reported to the royal herald."

It just proves Islamic fundamentalist fks had an ancient example.

Think "Sharia"

I was always convinced the fundamentalistic Islamic idiots never evolved beyond the Middle Ages, but now I am sure they never did.

Thanks The -L- .

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

I wonder if the Islamic practice of severing hands for crimes was carried over from the Canaanites, and this is what they found?

Many cultures cut off hands for thievery . Some for war trophies .

Like who else?

Cutting off hands in colonial America ,for theft,was quite common

http://hsp.org/blogs/hidden-histories/a-quaint-colonial-custom-ears-cut-off-nailed-to-the-pillory

American soldiers cut off ears and wore them as necklaces in Vietnam .hello .Modern times this stuff still goes on .

I want to say tribal stuff involved hands saved for war .

I want to say it goes on in the amazon ,But lots of instances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_mutilation_of_Japanese_war_dead

http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/jbms/?vol=8&num=1&id=183

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/871790-british-soldier-cut-off-fingers-of-dead-taliban-to-keep-as-war-trophies

And american soldiers cut off the fingeof Afghani soldiers .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Like who else?

IIRC the Romans cut hands off corpses to tally the dead - less grusome then heads altough heads of dignitaries were taken as trophies and used as threats/warning to tribes in Gaul et al.
  • Like 1

Poor hand-less people

Yeah, poor handless dead people....what where they going to with the hands since they were dead after all??

• Like 1

Oh dear... I sure hope the police don't find my fingerprints on 'em.

I was an assassin in Egypt around that time. :lol:

IIRC the Romans cut hands off corpses to tally the dead - less grusome then heads altough heads of dignitaries were taken as trophies and used as threats/warning to tribes in Gaul et al.

Gauls adorned their homes with the heads of fallen enemies, although they kept them on their horses during battle

Thanks The -L- .

No problem. I adore posting on UM. Its my favourite site plus it is No1 site when you want to discuss these kinds of things.

Recently I met few people on UM that usually post in abovetopsecret.com. They claim that ATS is best site and they want me to wrote there. My question was if ATS is best why you came here.

Its childish discusion but then again Im childish too.

Back on your post and Islam.

Although I found Islam scientist to be realy stunning and trough my history learning and research I stumble upon many of them with numerous "firsts" I must admit that Islam civilization dont have nothing that originate from them. Islam originate from Arabs and they were tribes. As Khalid ibn Walid (what a military comander was that) conquer lands for his master they spread Islam and adopt culture of people they conquer. For example if you go in Tunnis you will notice that everyone has Fatima hand /Hamsa. And if you ask anyone there or tourist that went there everyone one will tell you thats Islam symbol/ Arab origin and stuff. Truth is that Fatima hand is Chartage symbol and it can be seen on graves of fell Chartagians.

What also stunned me that Arabs didnt wont to built roads instead they built Mosques to counter Europe and their churches.

Its good to be back on UM. My vacation is over.

Gauls adorned their homes with the heads of fallen enemies, although they kept them on their horses during battle

Then Alesia happened.

Like who else?

Do you really doubt that past societies would cut off hands of theives?

Those were not the only body parts that were cut off and counted as trophies. LOL.

we dont noe wat u are talking about :whistle:
  • Like 1