Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

What Are Dogs Saying When They Bark?

dogs barking wolves foxes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

As a cartoon said, "Hey! Hey! Hey!...".

#17    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

My dog was smart if you said to him whats sand paper like he would reply ruf ruf.  :yes:

#18    Mantis914

Mantis914

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Dogs tend to have different accents too, such as dogs like mine, i.e.: foxhound tend to bay rather than bark as illustrated in the video.  You can actually make a whole dialogue just watching this video...

#19    MistressBear

MistressBear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Fish and chips???? Does that come with fries?

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

There is a terrific documentary on this subject called "Dogs: Decoded". It was interesting to watch even though I don't have any dog companions in my life at this time. It made me really want one though :)

#20    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,141 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

My dog say's "I love you"

Edited by pallidin, 13 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#21    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,012 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

The huskey got my chihuahua going. Chihuahua howls are really funny. I pretty much know what my dogs barks mean. They range from somebody is walking by, someone in the yard, I want to come in and get off the computer and pay attention to me.  They are all different.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

I can tell what every one of my german shephard's barks mean,my bullmastiff she hardly ever makes a peep though.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#23    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I found it!  This is what they are saying...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#24    Ruby04

Ruby04

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

• "You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - Christopher Columbus.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

After having dogs my whole life I understand dog speak very well. I know Cooper saying arff in the car, ute or truck means I want kibble or a treat or what ever you have lol

In life you have to go after what you want, not sit around and wait for things to come to you.

#25    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Dogs are Humans in Animal Bodies. I swear my Dog has people she absolutely loves to see, and people she could really care less for. Just like Humans do. They are very smart animals.

#26    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,500 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Well, I can't like everyone's thread so far, so here you go... :) Channeling my inner dog: 'I want steak.'

The best word's I told my dogs were, "GOOD DOG! Do whatever you want!" Both were Lab crosses, Shepherd and Chesapeake. Buck and Chance lived a generation apart, but they read me like a book. They were playmonsters that I couldn't tie up, and never left my yard.

It was 18 years of fantastic dogs.

Now I'm thinking of getting one fantastic cat that will live that long. We''ll see. :)

#27    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,500 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 14 February 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

Dogs are Humans in Animal Bodies. I swear my Dog has people she absolutely loves to see, and people she could really care less for. Just like Humans do. They are very smart animals.

Though someone may shoot me down, dogs are often better judges of human character, than human charcters are.

#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,128 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 14 February 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Well, I can't like everyone's thread so far, so here you go... :) Channeling my inner dog: 'I want steak.'

The best word's I told my dogs were, "GOOD DOG! Do whatever you want!" Both were Lab crosses, Shepherd and Chesapeake. Buck and Chance lived a generation apart, but they read me like a book. They were playmonsters that I couldn't tie up, and never left my yard.

It was 18 years of fantastic dogs.

Now I'm thinking of getting one fantastic cat that will live that long. We''ll see. :)

Just remember cat's are not dog's,i have owned both in my life and would never trade my dogs for 1 trillion cat's.Both are smart in their own ways,but if i need my dogs to watch out for me they will.When i feel like s*** my dogs know it and always make me feel better,man's best friend they are!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#29    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,012 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 14 February 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Just remember cat's are not dog's,i have owned both in my life and would never trade my dogs for 1 trillion cat's.Both are smart in their own ways,but if i need my dogs to watch out for me they will.When i feel like s*** my dogs know it and always make me feel better,man's best friend they are!

I have a cat and a dog. They both alert to let me know when I am in danger of falling. I can be going a long fine and I just fall. The cat knows before it happens and taps my leg and runs for the bedroom, letting me know I need to rest.    The cat is actually better at it than the dog, but she doesn't like to go for walkies. When I was really sick and acting crazy the cat stuck right by my side, the dog hid under the bed. When the cat starts getting real clingy like I start checking my vitals.

The difference between dogs and cats, to me, is the dog is a servant and a cat is friend.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#30    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I was given a room to rent in someones house once based on the fact the dog welcomed me in but apparently had barked at all the other applicants. I love dogs and its my belief they read emotions to perfection,that's why we have great relationships with them,as well as being intelligent

Also tagged with dogs, barking, wolves, foxes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users