Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Japanese mayor: wartime sex slaves necessary

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,272 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 May 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

My uncle explained to me ,why we dropped the bombs on them ,and if anyone thinks the Americans in the war didnt rape women all over Europe ,Vietnam,Korea ,they are living in fantasy land.
Show me where it was institutionalised rape amongst American/Allied forces please.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#17    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,244 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 15 May 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Show me where it was institutionalised rape amongst American/Allied forces please.

rape is rape // ask any woman you have the pleasure of knowing

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#18    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Third Eye,
Sir Wearer of Hats can correct me if I misunderstood his post. He meant there were rapes committed by a segment of American/Allied personnel but it wasn't a sanctioned industry operated by or for the military.

I know men who fought in WWII they are very honorable (for the most part) and the thought of brutalizing a woman regardless of the situation would have been disgusting to them. There is always a segment whose violent tendencies toward women will use any opportunity to indulge that dysfunctional aspect of themselves and war makes a perfect excuse. If something like that did happen it's very likely that the others of the squad took care of the man/men in question on the quiet. Soap in socks and a blanket thrown over the person/s in question has a way of making a point.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#19    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,272 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 15 May 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

rape is rape // ask any woman you have the pleasure of knowing
quite right.
However in the Allied army it was a xrime punishable by court martial, in the Japanese one it was a good night out and a way of maintaining morale.
one of these is more abominaale then the other.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 15 May 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

quite right.
However in the Allied army it was a xrime punishable by court martial, in the Japanese one it was a good night out and a way of maintaining morale.

Oh yes,American men never ever stormed villages and completely destroyed the places . No ,that never happened .
Given OUR OWN WOMEN ARE RAPED REGULARLY ON AMERICAN MILITARY BASES ,ALL OVER THE MIDDLE EAST,RIGHT NOW ,TODAY ,21ST CENTIRY ,AND OUR DEPT OF DEFENSE COVERS IT UP ,I dare say no one gives a Damn about maybe being court martialed now,let alone while on enemy soil  .

Miss me?

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 15 May 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Give me a bit,but I will find plenty I am sure

Vietnam

http://www.motherjon...wartime-vietnam

http://hnn.us/articles/1802.html

WW2
Doooo read this one,its eye opening ,not to mention our guys rape women in Japan ,NOW ...google that .

http://portland.indy...09/366078.shtml

I love the line about how Eisenhower had to cover up the 100s of rapes committed by American GIs ,as it was just so embarrassing .

http://vnnforum.com/...ead.php?t=80987

http://en.wikipedia....ng_World_War_II

Korea

http://www.iacenter....ivilnetwork.htm

http://www.globalres...ar-crimes/23742

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 15 May 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Miss me?

#22    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,244 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostMabon, on 15 May 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Third Eye,
Sir Wearer of Hats can correct me if I misunderstood his post. He meant there were rapes committed by a segment of American/Allied personnel but it wasn't a sanctioned industry operated by or for the military.

I know men who fought in WWII they are very honorable (for the most part) and the thought of brutalizing a woman regardless of the situation would have been disgusting to them. There is always a segment whose violent tendencies toward women will use any opportunity to indulge that dysfunctional aspect of themselves and war makes a perfect excuse. If something like that did happen it's very likely that the others of the squad took care of the man/men in question on the quiet. Soap in socks and a blanket thrown over the person/s in question has a way of making a point.

Mabon.

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 15 May 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

quite right.

I understand quite well what everyone meant ... what I meant was let's not cast stones to find out who is in the house of glass ...

Posted Image

~edit : a tired soul makes mistaken quotes ...

Edited by third_eye, 15 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#23    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,493 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

You know... I spent 34 years in the Army... Went all over the world, and I NEVER raped anyone... I never had anyone from any of my units that EVER raped anyone, and any soldiers I ever heard about that were involved in anything LIKE rape were all prosecuted...

Reading all the UM threads about how evil,murderous,stupid and vile we of the US Military are I'm starting to think that maybe I was just an underachiever...

This article was about JAPANESE actions druing WWII... And JAPANESE officials not addressing those actions... What the heck does American actions of the past/present or future have to do with any of this?...

#24    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,493 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Sorry if my last post came off as a bit "sharp'... I'm having a "not good" day...

#25    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Third Eye,

I don't want to be antagonistic since this is an emotional subject. I would never have expected this to be the sentiment expressed in a modern age. Looking back through any countries history there are always aspects that are brutal to the point of history we are at now; so the mayor looking back to WWII from 2013 and not condemning the actions taken by the Japanese Military seems archaic and barbaric. It makes me wonder why he felt it necessary to express these views.

Mabon.

One need not be a house;

#26    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,244 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostMabon, on 15 May 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Third Eye,

I don't want to be antagonistic since this is an emotional subject. I would never have expected this to be the sentiment expressed in a modern age. Looking back through any countries history there are always aspects that are brutal to the point of history we are at now; so the mayor looking back to WWII from 2013 and not condemning the actions taken by the Japanese Military seems archaic and barbaric. It makes me wonder why he felt it necessary to express these views.

Mabon.

'He' is part of his social fabric and has every right to speak of his opinions (as it were) for whatever reasons or ambitions of his ... if he broke laws he will be dealt with by the laws of his land ....

What gets me is that some mentioned that those innocents devastated in that atomic holocaust 'deserved' it because of --- well this ....
And that is sad .....

'

#27    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostTaun, on 15 May 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

You know... I spent 34 years in the Army... Went all over the world, and I NEVER raped anyone... I never had anyone from any of my units that EVER raped anyone, and any soldiers I ever heard about that were involved in anything LIKE rape were all prosecuted...

Reading all the UM threads about how evil,murderous,stupid and vile we of the US Military are I'm starting to think that maybe I was just an underachiever...

This article was about JAPANESE actions druing WWII... And JAPANESE officials not addressing those actions... What the heck does American actions of the past/present or future have to do with any of this?...

I was making a comment to the affect,war is hell ,people do atrocious things,and as always,I had to prove what I say is true .

The Japanese ,sadly,did it in an organized manner . My understanding is ,the guys from unit 731 ,all avoided prosecution by turning over research the the us govt ,and working for us ,after the war ...which they also did with Hitler's top scientists .
The men in charge of things like Nanjing and comfort women ,all went home and became yakuza family heads .

No ones hands were that clean ,ans my mothers family was all military ,WW 2 .None of my uncles ran around raping women ,but obviously ,many people take advantage of such situations ,and it was pretty much common knowledge during the Vietnam war .

Lots of people get away stuff ,we never hear about ,and I think Korea had Japanese comfort women for their men .

Its all ignored,for proprieties sake .

Miss me?

#28    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 15 May 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

'He' is part of his social fabric and has every right to speak of his opinions (as it were) for whatever reasons or ambitions of his ... if he broke laws he will be dealt with by the laws of his land ....

What gets me is that some mentioned that those innocents devastated in that atomic holocaust 'deserved' it because of --- well this ....
And that is sad .....
I mentioned the nukes, which as you say, is sad. But if it could have stopped one underage girl being raped repeditively by multiple soldiers for years while tied to a bed, then i think it was worth it. I hear your sorrow for the victims of the bomb blast, but where is it for the thousands of rape victims who went through hell abd were offered payment for their "services"

#29    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,244 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 15 May 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

I mentioned the nukes, which as you say, is sad. But if it could have stopped one underage girl being raped repeditively by multiple soldiers for years while tied to a bed, then i think it was worth it. I hear your sorrow for the victims of the bomb blast, but where is it for the thousands of rape victims who went through hell abd were offered payment for their "services"

Worth it ?

Think of it as it dropping Fat Boy on Manhattan with only old men, women and children there to see the flash close up ....

Worth what to who ?

Is this what Justice means to you ? Slaughter Peter to pay for Paul ?

I am not pleading for the criminals ... only for the innocents, you don't wipe out an entire race to ease a troubled mind ...
it never works , ask little Adolf

~edit : the trouble with posting at 3.30am

Edited by third_eye, 15 May 2013 - 08:18 PM.

'

#30    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Third Eye,
Well...... (I'm going to play Devil's advocate), if the mayor is allowed his right to speak of things others may find offensive then aren't the people who talk about dropping the bomb also right to speak their mind? For me there is a difference in blowing off steam when a subject is difficult (a private person venting, perhaps rashly or harshly) vs an official representative speaking publicly about a multinational  crime of authorized abduction and systematic rape in a manner so cavalier. This again seems crazy and at odds with what the majority of people seem to be striving for around the world. Human trafficking is a horrible beastly crime and rape is terrible yet there is an extra hell these women (and don't forget the children of both genders) who are forced into the sex trade go through.

It makes me wonder why women and children are viewed as disposable goods for sex and no one who indulges in it or looks the other way can fathom the negative impact it has on society and the world?  I do not apologize that his statement makes me ill and the next time he is up for election I hope he is voted out! the way I view it is that kind of mindset is part of the problem not the solution.

Mabon.

One need not be a house;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users