Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Opinions On "True Blood"


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT !!!

*leaps about excitedly*

Miss me?

#32    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 June 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT !!!

*leaps about excitedly*

I'm tempted to ask for spoilers. Ah, the temptation subsided.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#33    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,720 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Ok, got in season 5 on disk, so we sat down and watched the last couple seasons over a few days...

It is an interesting show in and of itself, I'm glad they didn't leave Sookie in fairyland forever. But ooph, some of the things they have done goes so far from the book storyline, I kind of feel like all they are using is the names from the books and that's it. I mean, if Erics maker was the kid that met the sun, how in the heck is he supposed to have arranged the marriage of Eric to the queen of another state, thus screwing up Eric and Sookies marriage? And if they introduced a sister for Eric, does that mean no Romanov prince with a damaged mind for a brother? And if all the fairies can read minds, does that leave out Sookies demon gift? And woah Andy and the fairy chick, extra woah Hoyt and his drama. What the heck?!?!?! And Lafayette being there for the Debbie action, erm. I guess Tara is never going to have her decent life getting married and having twins. And Bud hooking up with Sweetie, Jason not marrying Crystal... And when is Quinn supposed to show up, or are they leaving that tasty tiger out of the mix entirely? And still no Bubba, is he just entirely left out of the show? Just wow, some of the stuff they are changing for the show, I'm not sure how a lot of story lines are supposed to pan out or even exist.
I did really like the Authority angle, though Lilith and Bill... wow.

Edited by rashore, 17 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.


#34    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

View Postrashore, on 17 June 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Ok, got in season 5 on disk, so we sat down and watched the last couple seasons over a few days...

It is an interesting show in and of itself, I'm glad they didn't leave Sookie in fairyland forever. But ooph, some of the things they have done goes so far from the book storyline, I kind of feel like all they are using is the names from the books and that's it. I mean, if Erics maker was the kid that met the sun, how in the heck is he supposed to have arranged the marriage of Eric to the queen of another state, thus screwing up Eric and Sookies marriage? And if they introduced a sister for Eric, does that mean no Romanov prince with a damaged mind for a brother? And if all the fairies can read minds, does that leave out Sookies demon gift? And woah Andy and the fairy chick, extra woah Hoyt and his drama. What the heck?!?!?! And Lafayette being there for the Debbie action, erm. I guess Tara is never going to have her decent life getting married and having twins. And Bud hooking up with Sweetie, Jason not marrying Crystal... And when is Quinn supposed to show up, or are they leaving that tasty tiger out of the mix entirely? And still no Bubba, is he just entirely left out of the show? Just wow, some of the stuff they are changing for the show, I'm not sure how a lot of story lines are supposed to pan out or even exist.
I did really like the Authority angle, though Lilith and Bill... wow.

I'm not familiar with the books, so that sounds like "True Blood" in some bizarro world or parallel universe. I had no idea that the books differed from the series *that* much! I wonder if they'll bring in the tigers. Do they feud with the panthers?

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#35    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,720 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 June 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

I'm not familiar with the books, so that sounds like "True Blood" in some bizarro world or parallel universe. I had no idea that the books differed from the series *that* much! I wonder if they'll bring in the tigers. Do they feud with the panthers?

In the books, no. Tigers are rare, but Quinn was a pit fighter for the vamps before becoming an emcee/enforcer for supe events like weddings and packmaster contests. Tigers don't feud with anyone, they are sort of top of the supe power chain- even vamps respect him. Quinn and Sookie date for a while.
The panthers are actually fairly close to what they are in the books- little inbred community. That's why they snag Jason, to try to get new blood in the community. Only in the books, bites work, and Jason is turned into a panther too, well he half turns into a pantherman. And there's a packmaster of the panthers, Calvin, and it looks like he won't be appearing in the show either. Calvin offers Sookie marriage- for her new blood on breeding, and because she's between Bill and Eric at the time and she needs protection, heh.
Oh and in the books, cousin Hadley is a vampire, lover to the queen of Louisiana- that's how the vamps find out about Sookie in the first place, Hadley spoke too much during pillow talk. I noticed shes in the fairy club in the show, and very much not a vamp. There's a couple storylines that branch from Hadley's vampiness that I think got nixed for the show.

But yeah, the books and the show are way different, that's part of the reason why I didn't keep up with watching the show for a while. It got too darn confusing trying to figure out what they heck they were trying to do in the show.


#36    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

No idea if Quinn will ever show up . This season will be about Warlow

Miss me?

#37    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

View Postrashore, on 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

In the books, no. Tigers are rare, but Quinn was a pit fighter for the vamps before becoming an emcee/enforcer for supe events like weddings and packmaster contests. Tigers don't feud with anyone, they are sort of top of the supe power chain- even vamps respect him. Quinn and Sookie date for a while.
The panthers are actually fairly close to what they are in the books- little inbred community. That's why they snag Jason, to try to get new blood in the community. Only in the books, bites work, and Jason is turned into a panther too, well he half turns into a pantherman. And there's a packmaster of the panthers, Calvin, and it looks like he won't be appearing in the show either. Calvin offers Sookie marriage- for her new blood on breeding, and because she's between Bill and Eric at the time and she needs protection, heh.
Oh and in the books, cousin Hadley is a vampire, lover to the queen of Louisiana- that's how the vamps find out about Sookie in the first place, Hadley spoke too much during pillow talk. I noticed shes in the fairy club in the show, and very much not a vamp. There's a couple storylines that branch from Hadley's vampiness that I think got nixed for the show.

But yeah, the books and the show are way different, that's part of the reason why I didn't keep up with watching the show for a while. It got too darn confusing trying to figure out what they heck they were trying to do in the show.

That's a different world. It's cool that tigers get respect, but I don't like the fact that the panthers still are inbred and incestuous. Oh, well. I blame "Cat People" for influencing the author in that regard. I dig the series, but I think that it should have been true to the books, which I didn't read. They sound more interesting. Readers always mention the fact that Bubba is left out of the TV version. Could Hoyt be a composite of him and "Book Hoyt"? That's what I've deduced from comments from fans of the book series and the TV series. Speaking of Hoyt, I wasn't crazy about his trip to the dark side (the violent hate group). I also didn't like the fact that he was glamoured into amnesia. His character was pivotal to some of the plots that held the show together. He also is one of the few good guys in the series. Series need that kind of balance. You need some nice and normal people to root for, but that's not to say that they can't have all of the complexities that come with being human. It's just hard to root for complete villains with no good traits to redeem them.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#38    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 June 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

No idea if Quinn will ever show up . This season will be about Warlow

That's good to hear. I hope that they solve his mystery.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#39    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,720 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 19 June 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

That's a different world. It's cool that tigers get respect, but I don't like the fact that the panthers still are inbred and incestuous. Oh, well. I blame "Cat People" for influencing the author in that regard. I dig the series, but I think that it should have been true to the books, which I didn't read. They sound more interesting. Readers always mention the fact that Bubba is left out of the TV version. Could Hoyt be a composite of him and "Book Hoyt"? That's what I've deduced from comments from fans of the book series and the TV series. Speaking of Hoyt, I wasn't crazy about his trip to the dark side (the violent hate group). I also didn't like the fact that he was glamoured into amnesia. His character was pivotal to some of the plots that held the show together. He also is one of the few good guys in the series. Series need that kind of balance. You need some nice and normal people to root for, but that's not to say that they can't have all of the complexities that come with being human. It's just hard to root for complete villains with no good traits to redeem them.

I don't think show Hoyt has any Bubba to him. Bubba is Elvis Presley. A fan who was a vamp turned him in the morgue when he was brought in- he wasn't quite dead yet. But his brain was kind of mush from all the drugs, and he didn't make it through turning mentally stable. It's interesting that some folks think it though.
Dang, now I kind of want to read through the books again. It'll be months before season 6 is on disk, ah well.


#40    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Postrashore, on 19 June 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't think show Hoyt has any Bubba to him. Bubba is Elvis Presley. A fan who was a vamp turned him in the morgue when he was brought in- he wasn't quite dead yet. But his brain was kind of mush from all the drugs, and he didn't make it through turning mentally stable. It's interesting that some folks think it though.
Dang, now I kind of want to read through the books again. It'll be months before season 6 is on disk, ah well.

Wow! My mind is blown. I didn't know that Bubba was Elvis. Somebody should "turn" John and George and have a Fab Four reunion.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#41    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I could have sworn I posted this today ,but its not here .
Rutger Hauer is not who we think he is !

Miss me?

#42    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 June 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

I could have sworn I posted this today ,but its not here .
Rutger Hauer is not who we think he is !

Thanks for being cryptic. We don't have HBO.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#43    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,720 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 June 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

I could have sworn I posted this today ,but its not here .
Rutger Hauer is not who we think he is !

I thought according to the gossip he is playing Niall? Then again, I heard gossip he's Warlow too. I'm kind of hoping for Niall- Hauer could play that character to a T if show Niall is anything like book Niall.


#44    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postrashore, on 26 June 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:



I thought according to the gossip he is playing Niall? Then again, I heard gossip he's Warlow too. I'm kind of hoping for Niall- Hauer could play that character to a T if show Niall is anything like book Niall.

Well I assumed he was warlow . Now I'm not sure who he is. He says he's one person,but IMDb says he's someone else ,and I'm just confused.
Guess I have to wait and see.

And of course its cryptic . You dont want a spoiler .

Miss me?

#45    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,720 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 June 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Well I assumed he was warlow . Now I'm not sure who he is. He says he's one person,but IMDb says he's someone else ,and I'm just confused.
Guess I have to wait and see.

And of course its cryptic . You dont want a spoiler .

I checked out the IMDb.. really weird to be ancient fairy and ancient vamp too. Wonder if it means the show might go with some weird all descended from one bloodline sort of weird.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users