Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S Bombing on Irans Nucular weapon facility

Karin Kern Kernal

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The administration of President George W. Bush is planning a massive bombing campaign against Iran, including use of bunker-buster nuclear bombs to destroy a key Iranian suspected nuclear weapons facility, The New Yorker magazine has reported in its April 17 issue.

The article by investigative journalist Seymour Hersh said that Bush and others in the White House have come to view Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as a potential Adolf Hitler.

"That's the name they're using," the report quoted a former senior intelligence official as saying.

A senior unnamed Pentagon adviser is quoted in the article as saying that "this White House believes that the only way to solve the problem is to change the power structure in Iran, and that means war."

The former intelligence officials depicts planning as "enormous," "hectic" and "operational," Hersh writes.

One former defense official said the military planning was premised on a belief that "a sustained bombing campaign in Iran will humiliate the religious leadership and lead the public to rise up and overthrow the government," The New Yorker pointed out.

In recent weeks, the president has quietly initiated a series of talks on plans for Iran with a few key senators and members of the House of Representatives, including at least one Democrat, the report said.

One of the options under consideration involves the possible use of a bunker-buster tactical nuclear weapon, such as the B61-11, to insure the destruction of Iran's main centrifuge plant at Natanz, Hersh writes.

But the former senior intelligence official said the attention given to the nuclear option has created serious misgivings inside the military, and some officers have talked about resigning after an attempt to remove the nuclear option from the evolving war plans in Iran failed, according to the report.

"There are very strong sentiments within the military against brandishing nuclear weapons against other countries," the magazine quotes the Pentagon adviser as saying.

The adviser warned that bombing Iran could provoke "a chain reaction" of attacks on American facilities and citizens throughout the world and might also reignite Hezbollah.

"If we go, the southern half of Iraq will light up like a candle," the adviser is quoted as telling The New Yorker.

Oh no this is gonna be bad :yes:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Sanjuro

• Karin Kern Kernal

• supercar

Just like I said..

By the way do you have any source with that 17 april ?

Source...?

not that i don't believe it, but...

Edited by Shuriken

It's true, the Iranians have been preparing for an invasion for awhile now.....

All we know for sure is that US and Israel will attack Iran this month..damn I bet this will be bloody..

Edited by Sanjuro

I've read about it just a few minutes ago here on EU, that's just INSANE, they say they can use nuclear weapons against Iran? That shouldn't even be mentioned as an option..

They want to start WW3 that's what it is but in case that happens if the US government is just counting on their sheer military power to win they can loose their hopes already because even with the biggest army in the world they don't have enough soldiers. IMO the US gov is slowly showing what they are, the true threat to the civilized world :angry2:

I've read about it just a few minutes ago here on EU, that's just INSANE, they say they can use nuclear weapons against Iran? That shouldn't even be mentioned as an option..

They want to start WW3 that's what it is but in case that happens if the US government is just counting on their sheer military power to win they can loose their hopes already because even with the biggest army in the world they don't have enough soldiers. IMO the US gov is slowly showing what they are, the true threat to the civilized world :angry2:

You would sing a different tune if Iran launched nucleur weapons on someone. Then your attitude will change to, WE SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE!!

You would sing a different tune if Iran launched nucleur weapons on someone

But thay haven't, and USA is the one who is willing to use nuclear force.(against a country with no ICBM's)

But thay haven't, and USA is the one who is willing to use nuclear force.(against a country with no ICBM's)

Because they don't have them yet. I don't think with the whole, need to "wipe Israel off the map" statement, they would have much of a problem with using nukes.

We have nukes, but we don't say Iran needs to be wiped off the face of the map. We don't threaten with our nukes, that I know of. Although having nukes in your possession is probably a threat in itself to all.

Edited by HurtingSpirit

the whole article is on this page at yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060408/ts_af...HBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

The New Yorker Magazine reported The administration of President George W. Bush is planning a massive bombing campaign against Iran, including use of bunker-buster nuclear bombs to destroy a key Iranian suspected nuclear weapons facility in it April 17th issue....

We have nukes, but we don't say Iran needs to be wiped off the face of the map. We don't threaten with our nukes

Yeah I know, you spread democracy and freedom to poor b*******... ;)

Is it me or is this 3 wars at once it seems as though Bush is conquering countries :rolleyes: and also the plan to hope the peole will over throw the gov is stupid they will just nuke us back

Edited by Bigfoot_Is_Real

Yeah I know, you spread democracy and freedom to poor b*******... ;)

I dont spread democracy and freedom to anything. But one thing is correct about your post. The democracy and freedom that the current administration is trying to spread, is being spread to poor b*******. Not to mention poor, stupid, b*******.

Is it me or is this 3 wars at once it seems as though Bush is conquering countries :rolleyes:

Hes not conquering countries. The US Army cant even control Iraq.

Thats true

US gov is slowly showing what they are, the true threat to the civilized world---nirwana

The US govenment is a threat to the civilized world because they are trying to protect thier country from any more attacks?? I dont see the United States in any other countries besides the ones we are already occupying, posing a threat to them...do you??? I think that this whole bombing on thier nucular facilities is a big step that needs to have a long thought process about the pros and cons instead of just jumping right into it.

Soon chain reaction will start..it has been seen by many prophets..you ask what? You will see..

How much longer is Bush going to be president? Seems like he has been in there forever.

We got him until 2008, we're doomed. :(

I found a link to the first story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060408/ts_af...HNlYwNtZW5ld3M-

Edited by Darkwind

What I find funny is how America Cant even control Iraq. I mean its been 3 years and were still there fighting. Its funny cause were a Superpower and its ashamed were still trying to conquer or still fighting when we should of won year ago. This should of been done by now. Prepare for WW3. If he invades Iran.

Edited by SoulMatrix

What I find funny is how America Cant even control Iraq. I mean its been 3 years and were still there fighting. Its funny cause were a Superpower and its ashamed were still trying to conquer or still fighting when we should of won year ago. This should of been done by now. Prepare for WW3. If he invades Iran.

the thing about that is, to me at least, our military isnt that good at nation building, and the other thing is the insurgents are comming from all the surrounding countries so unless we can keep the insurgents from getting in we'll probly be there for awhile :hmm:

and Sanjuro if we invade iran youll be right it will cause a deadly chain reaction

Is it me or is this 3 wars at once it seems as though Bush is conquering countries :rolleyes: and also the plan to hope the peole will over throw the gov is stupid they will just nuke us back

funny how its mostly badly runned down countries to