Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Evil Dead Remake

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31    Feebs

Feebs

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

• Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

i watched it first when i was six....will look forward to a remake but never found it to be much of a scarey film....mind you im a bit weird like that...not found a scarey film yet x

Posted Image

#32    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?.  :gun:

#33    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?.  :gun:

Nice quote, and I just come to the realization of a second point, this remake is playing it completely straight-faced well I guess like the original Evil Dead. This doesnt have any resemblance to Evil Dead 2 at all.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#34    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Post_Only, on 18 October 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

It's an underground cult classic that has potential to be seen in a new perspective with the hand of a new director. Long-time fans will be beside themselves. Anyone else won't get it. But these type of movie series are for the diehards.

The idea of a remake is to make minor changes to improve, by the way.

But if there's already one there... why make another?

Perhaps some new band should re-record Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" in it's entirety. Oh no that would be plagarism wouldn't it?

Well.... I suppose superhero movies are starting to dry up, so they might as well swoop upon cult classics now.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#35    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

New trailer !
Release in April !

http://www.geeksofdo...ent=Yahoo! Mail

Miss me?

#36    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I just watched the Judge Dredd remake it was worse then the original so now I find myself actually liking the original WTF hey :w00t:  but I am sceptical about some of these remakes.

#37    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 January 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

New trailer !
Release in April !

That looked pretty creepy... but will it deliver any suspense not just the gratuitous gross-outs?

And still again, no Bruce Campbell either?  

I remain sceptical. I love my horror most of the time with a nice serving of suspense and the psychological.

So many recent horror films have fallen flat on their faces because they lacked these qualities especially the recent deluge of remakes. I could do without the gore personally in a horror film because that is just cheap shock value afterall, cutting corners and appeasing the gorehounds (fans that dig ultraviolence and gore).

You want some of the best horror films ever made try Jacques Tourneur's Cat People, Siegal's Invasion Of The Body Snatchers original, Clayton's The Innocents, Harvey's Carnival Of Souls, etc.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#38    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 06 January 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

That looked pretty creepy... but will it deliver any suspense not just the gratuitous gross-outs?

And still again, no Bruce Campbell either?  

I remain sceptical. I love my horror most of the time with a nice serving of suspense and the psychological.

So many recent horror films have fallen flat on their faces because they lacked these qualities especially the recent deluge of remakes. I could do without the gore personally in a horror film because that is just cheap shock value afterall, cutting corners and appeasing the gorehounds (fans that dig ultraviolence and gore).

You want some of the best horror films ever made try Jacques Tourneur's Cat People, Siegal's Invasion Of The Body Snatchers original, Clayton's The Innocents, Harvey's Carnival Of Souls, etc.
Well,he's 30 years older.
He might look ridiculous in this kind of flick,bur he and Sam raimi are producing/directing,and knowing those guys,I smell cameos .
Also ,remember,the entire original cast of ED ,were unknowns.
It gave Sam and bruce ,their ticket into cultdom .
I would think,for them,they hope to do the same for these guys.

Miss me?

#39    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 January 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

Well,he's 30 years older.
He might look ridiculous in this kind of flick,bur he and Sam raimi are producing/directing,and knowing those guys,I smell cameos .
Also ,remember,the entire original cast of ED ,were unknowns.
It gave Sam and bruce ,their ticket into cultdom .
I would think,for them,they hope to do the same for these guys.

No what I meant is Bruce Campbell wont be topped... this film gave him a meteoric genre rise and huge iconic fan following.

The remake indeed has creepy visuals with the body mutilations and decapitated head. Subtlety is out the door here which is expected as the original and its sequel are some of the bloodiest (not the goriest) films ever made but I cant say it looked like anything that would remotely make me jump out of my seat either.

#40    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Loved the original ED,... but as most people Im skeptical about the re-makes.

Time will tell.

Posted Image

Someone's in my fruit cellar!

Edited by Hazzard, 09 January 2013 - 05:24 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#41    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Oh ,son of a b**** ......seriously ...seriously .....???

Miss me?

#42    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Never got the Tree Rape scene...There's got to be another way to possess someone...Still, Evil Dead was great. Loved that movie, and AoD is one of my favorites.

A skeptical believer.

#43    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

I just watched the Judge Dredd remake it was worse then the original so now I find myself actually liking the original WTF hey :w00t:  but I am sceptical about some of these remakes.
yer i felt the same about dread too. what a waist of time and money.i was hoping to see the mutant with the dial on his neck, that dude was freaky.

#44    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,509 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

the original dredd gave us this, theres nothing in the remake that could equal the awesomeness in this 9 second clip.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 23 March 2013 - 02:34 AM.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#45    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostDoctor manhattan, on 23 March 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

yer i felt the same about dread too. what a waist of time and money.i was hoping to see the mutant with the dial on his neck, that dude was freaky.
  Wow that's what I was waiting for.  :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users