Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Shoplifting Mother Killed by Walmart Security

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

When I was security for Wal-Mart I was told this(the undercover that Coldethyl stated, was really a fun job), Let them go the camera's will be enough to get enough information for the crime to be resolved. It is safer to let them go and handle it after the fact. Life isn't replaceable like material objects and violence has a tendency to affect sales in a negative light.

The guy was playing cowboy for no good reason. Stealing is a fine and some jail time not death. The guy wanted to play judge, jury and executioner, he wasn't a(acting like a) cop at that moment and shouldn't be treated as such. (Unless of course she was trying to kill the guy while trying to get out which I doubt)

Edited by Jinxdom, 11 December 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#32    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Aren't cops trained to think rationally? Then again I didn't watch the video and don't want to, as it sounds awful. A mother gunned down infront of her child is never the right thing to do.
I think defending himself while being dragged between the door and seat of a moving vehicle is pretty rational. If I felt that my life was in danger like that, I wouldn't care if the pope was in the car. Shots will be fired.
So you are saying that he should have just let himself be dragged to death by theives? That wouldn't have the same traumatic effect on the children in the car?

View Postcoldethyl, on 11 December 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

You don't like them?  Don't call them ever.  For anything.  You have a break in or get in a car accident, suck it up.
:tu: well said. I have friends that are police officers and some of the stories that they tell me are truly unbelievable.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#33    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 11 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

I think defending himself while being dragged between the door and seat of a moving vehicle is pretty rational. If I felt that my life was in danger like that, I wouldn't care if the pope was in the car. Shots will be fired.
So you are saying that he should have just let himself be dragged to death by theives? That wouldn't have the same traumatic effect on the children in the car?

Well, like I said I haven't watched the clip as it sounds awful, but if the woman was trying to kill him then shooting to incapacitate would be the best thing he could have done, I think. Sounds like a really bad situation for everybody involved: Officer gets squashed, criminal gets murdered, children lose their mother.

Now, could running down the cop have a traumatizing effect on the children? It's possible. Though I'd have thought hearing loud "BANG's" and noticing ones mother has just been killed would have a further traumatic effect on them.

However this being said, I wish I could say I've met some nice cops. I've met curious officer's before but thats about it.

As for Ryu, we can't blame him for his disgust at police officer behavior regarding the news and Youtube, especially if he lives in America. Seems the majority of cops there are psychopaths and Youtube contains the proof.

Take care and peace out.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#34    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 11 December 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well, like I said I haven't watched the clip as it sounds awful, but if the woman was trying to kill him then shooting to incapacitate would be the best thing he could have done, I think. Sounds like a really bad situation for everybody involved: Officer gets squashed, criminal gets murdered, children lose their mother.
Regardless of which is more traumatic, who put the children in that situation in the first place?

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#35    Tyminator

Tyminator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• Don't get mad, get sadistic

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 11 December 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

As for Ryu, we can't blame him for his disgust at police officer behavior regarding the news and Youtube, especially if he lives in America. Seems the majority of cops there are psychopaths and Youtube contains the proof.

No, please, present me with this proof. Show me that the majority of American officers are psychopaths. How can you even make that statement if you don't even live here? That's like me saying that British officers are stupid for not carrying firearms. I can't make that decision without living there and actually knowing what life is like over there. You're stereotyping America and it is unwarranted

Attention, Earth creature. This planet is now part of the Furon Empire. Your benevolent masters welcome you. - Cryptosporidium 137

#36    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Regardless of which is more traumatic, who put the children in that situation in the first place?
Theft doesn't justify murder, Biff.

Even if the officer was between the seat and the door, he should've either forced himself into the vehicle or let go. It's better than taking a life.

Like I said, this was a really bad incident all around: Store gets robbed, officer almost gets injured, woman gets gunned down, children left traumatized.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#37    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 11 December 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Theft doesn't justify murder, Biff.

Even if the officer was between the seat and the door, he should've either forced himself into the vehicle or let go. It's better than taking a life.

Like I said, this was a really bad incident all around: Store gets robbed, officer almost gets injured, woman gets gunned down, children left traumatized.
I agree that it's a bad situation all around. It's just too bad that the children had a mother that put them in that situation in the first place.

Posted Image

#38    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostTyminator, on 11 December 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

No, please, present me with this proof. Show me that the majority of American officers are psychopaths. How can you even make that statement if you don't even live here? That's like me saying that British officers are stupid for not carrying firearms. I can't make that decision without living there and actually knowing what life is like over there. You're stereotyping America and it is unwarranted.

If majority of police were do-gooders, whats there to get offended over?

I had 4 pages worth of US police brutality videos, but UM won't allow me to post due to 'too many media files.' Deleted all but 5 and still wouldn't let me post the links. Sorry.

Youtube is full of evidence. If you want your proof, it's all stored there.

#39    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,494 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I was going to reply in regards to what someone said to or about me but thought it would be pointless.

All I will say is that you can not "un-kill" someone no matter how hard and loud you pray, scream and chant.
Dead is dead..forever. It's not a video game where a potion brings them back. No reset button, no anything.

An object can be replaced but a life..in this case a mother...her life is gone, regardless of what she has stolen her kids no longer have mommy and what's worse is they had to witness her killing.
They will learn something but it is not going to be what we think.

Edited by Ryu, 11 December 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#40    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostRyu, on 11 December 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

I was going to reply in regards to what someone said to or about me but thought it would be pointless.

All I will say is that you can not "un-kill" someone no matter how hard and loud you pray, scream and chant.
Dead is dead..forever. It's not a video game where a potion brings them back. No reset button, no anything.

An object can be replaced but a life..in this case a mother...her life is gone, regardless of what she has stolen her kids no longer have mommy and what's worse is they had to witness her killing.
They will learn something but it is not going to be what we think.

They'll probably learn intolerance & bias towards police officers, and after a case like this, who can blame them?

#41    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,906 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I don't know where everyone is getting this " the officer was between the seat and the door" from. I haven't heard anything like this said. Did I miss something I shouldn't have?

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#42    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

View Postsusieice, on 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

I don't know where everyone is getting this " the officer was between the seat and the door" from. I haven't heard anything like this said. Did I miss something I shouldn't have?

I think Biff first mentioned it. Either that or I'm going insane. I didn't want to watch the vid, so I can't really say what happened.

#43    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postsusieice, on 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

It was on a radio news report that I heard on my way into work the other morning. I just found this to back it up.

Andrews began to drive away while the deputy was standing between the open door and the driver's seat.

'She threw it in reverse and tried to run over the deputy,' said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Deputy Thomas Gilliland.
LINK

Edit to add this from the same article: So it looks like we may have more confused about this than originally thought

Inside the car as it was speeding away were two small children - investigators have said that they were not Frey's children.

Edited by BiffSplitkins, 12 December 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Shot her in front of her kids?  Holy pancakes that's low.  ..Those kids will never be able to shake that vision from their minds.. It will haunt them.  I know the mother put them into horrid situation of shoplifting.. but I don't think her or the kids expects that? ...   I didn't know security guards had guns !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 December 2012 - 09:22 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#45    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

They were not her children.  She was a violent thief who tried to run into the cop when she got caught.   It is terrible that she was killed.  The poor security guard.  I'm sure he didn't mean to kill her.  She ended her own life, ruined the security guards.  And also her children's lives. Or maybe they are better off without her. If this is how she lived imagine how they would grow up?

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users