Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thule Society, Ahnenerbe

Erikl

OK, this a real info about something extremely weird, suspicious, and almost fiction-like.

I will post here about a secret society called the Thule Society, who was behind the Nazi party. Then I'll continue into describing the Ahnenerbe SS, a real SS organization that seemed like it came out of an Indiana Jones movie.

Expect to be shocked, boggled and disturbed by the followings:

Thule Society

user posted image

In late 19th and early 20th century Germany and Austria there were many flourishing esoteric orders which sought to establish a reborn Germanic identity and to reconnect the volk with its repressed archetypes.

One of the most significant of these Orders was founded in Germany in 1912 - the German Order. From this sprang the Thule Society whose driving force was Rudolf von Serbottendorff. He had been schooled in occultism, Islamic mysticism, alchemy, Rosicrucianism and much else, in Turkey, where he had also been initiated into Freemasonry.

Thule served as the recruiting and political action front of the German Order. Serbottendorff bought a failing Munich newspaper, the Beobachter which he renamed the Volkische Beobachter and it became the official newspaper of the NSDAP.

A movement to promote Thulian ideas among industrial workers and to offset Marxism, was formed in 1918 - the Workers' Political Circle - with Thulist Karl Harrer as chairman. From this came the German Workers' Party in 1919. A year later this became the NSDAP under the leadership of Adolf Hitler.

Serbottendorff himself stated: "Thule members were the people to whom Hitler first turned and who first allied themselves with Hitler."

The Thule society was active in efforts to overthrow the Barvarian Communist Government. Their propaganda effort was aided by a journalist, poet, and occult student Dietrich Eckart, who was the major intellectual influence on Hitler in the early years. The swastika flag adopted by the NSDAP was the brain-child of another Thulist, Dr Krohn.

With the victory of the Nazi Party, the occult tradition was carried on in the Third Reich mainly by the SS, who Reichsfuhrer, Himmler, was an avid student of the occult. An SS occult research department, the Ahnernerbe (Ancestral Heritage) was established in 1935 with SS Colonel Wolfram von Sievers at its head. Occult research took SS researchers as far afield as Tibet. Sievers had the Tantrik prayer, the Bardo Thodol, read over his body after his execution at Nuremberg.

The rest could be found here.

Another article about the Thule Scoiety in wikipedia.

A wiki-article about Rudolf von Sebottendorff, the man who established the Thule Society.

A wiki-article about the Germanenorden secret society, who's the Thule Society was a branch of.

And here's an article about the Ahnenerbe SS:

Ahnenerbe

user posted image

The Nazi Ahnenerbe organization was created by Heinrich Himmler in 1935 as a "research foundation." The name of this society literally means "ancestral heritage", and it was originally devoted to scientific and psuedo-scientific researches concerning the anthropological and cultural history of the German race. Their headquarters was at Wewelsburg castle.

Their initial aim was to prove Nazi theories of racial superiority through historical, anthropological, and archaeological research. During the war the organization looted scientific collections and libraries, archival material, archaeological artifacts, and miscellaneous works of art.

Occultism and pseudo-science

Many of their interests extended beyond pseudoscience into occultism. This led to Nazi scientists traveling around the world in search of Atlantis and the Holy Grail.

Atrocities

Later on an Institute for Functional Research in Military Science (Institut für Wehrwissenschaftliche Zweckforschung) was set up within the Ahnenerbe Society. Wolfram Sievers, the manager of the Ahnenerbe Society, became the director of the Institute for Functional Research in Military Science. Under his leadership, it was responsible for many of the horrific Nazi medical experiments, such as those conducted by Dr. Sigmund Rascher in Dachau concentration camp.

Sievers collected human skulls, many of which were those of people murdered directly for the purpose of collecting their skulls. Both Sievers and Rascher were sentenced to death for crimes against humanity in the Doctors' Trial and executed by hanging in 1948.

More info with lots of links can be found here in this wiki-article.

Edited by Erikl

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erikl

• Blood Angel

• danielson

• Talon

What isn't mentioned here, is where thule actually derived from, and what the name meaned. THule came from a smaller lesser known group called Vril. I'm currently writing a article on the thule and Vril society. Will be here at the end of the week.

That would be great BA thumbsup.gif

If you want someone to help you, I'm ready.

I'm doing research on this subject for sometime now.

About the Vril society - it's true that it too was instrumental behind the Thule society, but the thruth is that the Thule society was formed off a Bavarian branch of the Germanenorden society.

Nevertheless, many Nazi high ranks were Vril members, just like many others were Thule members.

The person who introduced Hitler to mysticism, and thus responsible for Hitler's Vril membership, was a Thule member called Dietrich Eckart, who was so important for Hitler that he dedicated Mein Kampf to him. Eckart was also the one behind the Nazi swastika flag.

Oh, and let's not forget Rudolf von Sebottendorff, himself a mysterious man, who was the one to creat the Thule Society and before his return to Germany, was a member of Turkish secret society in Turky, which mixed Sufism (Islamic mysticism) with Pan-Turkic ideas. Some say he was also influenced by the Armenian Genocide done by the Young Turks' pan-Turkic government during WW1.

Edited by Erikl

Actually, there were only 4 members of the Vril society. Thule was made based on the Vril, although both believe in the same thing, Vril believed (also worshipped) in a specific part. All the members of Vril were women, all grew there hair as long as they could get it. The believed the hair to be the antenna for the mind. I should be putting the finishing touches to the article tomorrow, there alot of information. And yes they were weird.

Yes this is all very interesting reading guys, and you can see where Hitler got his ideas about the Aryan race being supreme. Esoteric readings are littered with refferences to Aryans and Atlantis.

Who Knows maybe if Hilter had been less obsessed with the occult, and spent more time on tactics he may even have won the war? gunsmilie.gif

A thought that does'nt bear thinking about

Edited by danielson

Who Knows maybe if Hilter had been less obsessed with the occult, and spent more time on tactics he may even have won the war?

Yes, and if Hitler wasn't obsessed with killing Jews, he might have used all those resources to win the war (in 1944, when the Allies were comming from the west, and the Russians from the east, the extermination in concentration camps was in it's top, killing thousands every day. In a couple of months in '44, 400,000 Hungarian Jews were murdered in gas chambers)....

But then again, if Hitler wasn't obsessed with the occult and with Jewish and Bulshevik hatred, he might have never started the war to begin with.

WW2 was purely ideological, comming only from the ideological asspirations of the Nazi party to create a New World Order according to Nazi racial theory (Itally too went into war with Germany only to fill the asspirations of the fascist party to recreate the Roman empire).

This has already been all over the History channel. Himmler thought he was the reincarnation of the first German King who talked to him in his dreams, and wanted to make this SS occult the official religion of Europe.

But then again, if Hitler wasn't obsessed with the occult and with Jewish and Bulshevik hatred, he might have never started the war to begin with.

No, he probably still would have gone to war as one of his aims was to regain all the territories lost in WW1 and that would have meant war with France to get Alias & Loraine from them, plus he still would have invaded Poland for Denzig. I doubt he would have been so eager to attack the USSR however without his ideology.

I guess what I'm saying is that if Hitler and the Nazi party weren't so obsessed with Jewish hatred and Communist hatred, and Nordic mythology, they weren't Nazis or Hitler wasn't Hitler.

Hitler conquered much more than what was lost in WW1 - he wanted to build a 1,000 years Reich from Germany to the Ural mountains. He believed all this space to be German territory by birth rights.

If he wasn't so obsessed with racism and German supermacy, he wouldn't have tried to conquer all that territory.

But then again, he wouldn't be Hitler.

I remember reading somewhere that Hitler had, at some point, actually sent men trying to find the supposed opening to the interior of the Earth. (You know, the inside Earth theories etc). Does anybody know any details about that mission?

Asterix: Nazi germany sent a mission in 1938 to antartica for that very purpose, also to the a lesser known one to the artic cirlce. I suggest you google "Neu Schwabenland" for information on that, also "operation highjump" would be a good follow up search.

Everyone: My article is finished, i emailed it to saruman, he'll probably put it up soon. *Embrassing moment* Ok in a earlier post i stated thule came from vril, i apologise, after much research i found out it was the other way around, more is detailed in the article. Sorry for that.