Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Author sees thylacine twice

Commander CMG

THE Tasmanian tiger appeared to Col Bailey for the second time in 1995, while he was taking a leak in the bush.

See your ad here

``It shot out of some ferns behind me - I thought it was a cattle dog at first,'' he said.

``But then I was face-to-face with the darn thing.''

Mr Bailey said an old bushman had told him exactly which part of the Weld River Valley he would find the fabled creature.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Edited by xsas
  • Like 1

Good story and post... I def believe the guy's story and believe the Tasmania tiger to still be out there somewhere as well, others have seen it too. Very few and far between, but it has been spotted. I think it's just become super elusive due to the extreme hunting it endured in the past..

• Like 3

We get arrested for taking leeks in the bushes over here. This guy is lucky, sees a Tasmanian Tiger and gets to take a leek in peace.

• Like 3

Well most places have decency laws, but unless someone was drunk and had their junk all visible, like if he was peeing directly onto a road or something while facing traffic, I don't think any right minded person over here would arrest them. Sorry England sucks so much, the u.s. is becoming more and more oppressive like they are....

• Like 3

I hope it's true, it's sad to think they are extinct becuase of us humans.

Well most places have decency laws, but unless someone was drunk and had their junk all visible, like if he was peeing directly onto a road or something while facing traffic, I don't think any right minded person over here would arrest them. Sorry England sucks so much, the u.s. is becoming more and more oppressive like they are....

It's sad when you know what the US civil war was about, their lives were lsot for nothing now.

• Like 2

Masterflint,we don't have oppressive laws here,we're probably the most liberal democracy in the modern world which is nothing to do with this subject so back to it,i'm with Coffey on this one,i sincerely hope it's true and should i ever get to Tasmania maybe i'll pee in the bush as this might be what attracted the devil in the first place

should i ever get to Tasmania maybe i'll pee in the bush as this might be what attracted the devil in the first place

haha, sorry, had to laugh, hope your theory does not catch on! :blush:

Wow; from the picture on this site, they are strange and magnificent creatures. Hope they stay hidden, wherever they are, and hope they thrive there. I am afraid that since they have been seen and reported on, people will chase them down and destroy all the ones left in the wilds in order to "study" them.

I hope it's true, it's sad to think they are extinct becuase of us humans.

It's sad when you know what the US civil war was about, their lives were lsot for nothing now.

Wasn't the introduction of Dingos that influenced the decline?

• Like 1

The soldier who saw everything twice nodded weakly and sank

back on his bed. Yossarian nodded weakly too, eyeing his talented

roomate with great humility and admiration. He knew he was in the

presence of a master. His talented roomate was obviously a person to

be studied and emulated. During the night, his talented roomate died,

and Yossarian decided that he had followed him far enough.

'I see everything once!' he cried quickly.

-Catch 22

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I hope it is true, like I hope the hearings of the Ivory Billed woodpecker in Georgia, USA are true.

Wasn't the introduction of Dingos that influenced the decline?

Not sure actually, I always thought farmers killed them off and Hunters.

From wikipedia:

Intensive hunting encouraged by bounties is generally blamed for its extinction, but other contributing factors may have been disease, the introduction of dogs, and human encroachment into its habitat.

Seems it's a few factors then. 3 of which where human though, maybe even disease was human fault.

We get arrested for taking leeks in the bushes over here. This guy is lucky, sees a Tasmanian Tiger and gets to take a leek in peace.

Why take just a leek when you can take the whole onion.

• Like 1

Why take just a leek when you can take the whole onion.

zany-zany-comic-joker-smiley-emoticon-000598-large.gif

• Like 1

Perhaps more than any other extinct (or maybe not so extinct) animal, I feel badly for the Thylacine. The fact that it was driven from mainland Australia probably by the introduction of dingos, only to make it's last stand in Tasmania. There it ran afoul of ranchers who assumed that it was a major predator of their introduced sheep, whether or not this was the case, bounties were issued to kill them and thousands were hunted down. By the time the animals was given protected status there were none left in the wild and only one left in a zoo. It was thought so little of that its keepers left it outside unprotected on a freezing night and found it dead in the morning. It was unceremoniously dumped in the trash. Although it was illegal, before it's demise a few people kept them as pets and their comments were that the Thylacine combined the best traits of both dogs and cats. The fact that we have both photographs and even videos of these animals is a haunting reminder of our carelessness and lack of compassion for the natural world.

• Like 2

What I find interesting is what Bailey said about the Thalacine sense of smell. That might be one of the reasons it's hard to get a picture of Sasquatch and Oreng Penk and other mystery primates they know our smell and aviod the camers we set up to photograph them.

What I find interesting is what Bailey said about the Thalacine sense of smell. That might be one of the reasons it's hard to get a picture of Sasquatch and Oreng Penk and other mystery primates they know our smell and aviod the camers we set up to photograph them.

Or maybe the reason why we can't find the Sasquatch and Oreng Penk is because they aren't real :rolleyes:

I actually think that modern creatures that went extinct recently could still have a few members still out there. I mean, you don't know for certain that every single one of them is gone. There is a slim chance a few of them could still be out there, somehow breeding or surviving.

Primates are visual animals and generally have a relatively poor sense of smell, certainly when compared to dogs or even cats. So IF sasquatch IS real and IS related to apes, it probably would not rely on smell. Plus if the reports of its supposed stench mean anything, it had better have a poor sense of smell!. Also, there are things hunters used to mask their scent, so perhaps camera traps could be so masked against animals that might hunt by scent.

It's sad when you know what the US civil war was about, their lives were *lost* for nothing now.

What does the Civil War have to do with this? Do you even know what is was about, is the simple question.

I could contemplate and read facts on the regions you dwell but I wouldn't see further proof unless I've lived in and studied the regions and actual testimonies themselves.

I can admit that the U.S. government, mostly the "president" Is disgusting and ridiculous now, but that is the government and their less thoughtful people.. the people out for their own good. The quantity gets the say over the quality now.. So sad that no one has sense these days.

There are quite a few real Americans left, so with them I am proud to salute the flag.

No lives are meaningless.

Way off subject, anyhow.

I would like to say that I've been following Thylacine sightings and history for quite some years now. I believe that they still exist, but in small numbers that wisely keep away from people.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

a few people kept them as pets and their comments were that the Thylacine combined the best traits of both dogs and cats

Although they are related to neither of these. Closer to a kangaroo than a K9.

Im getting page not found :cry:

I heard reports from old timers and others I have met in my time alive, I have heard of several different people with a Qld Tiger story (3 know of stories) even so my town has reports of wild panthers (3 personal accounts, 5 know of stories) that escaped years ago from a traveling circus.

Personally I think the thylacine's are still out there, we have too much land to be 100% certain about that. Especially if the cassowary's survived being rail gunned! (seriously... for bounties) to near extinct, thylacines should be able to bounce back the same. Keep in mind a cassowary is still critically endangered and sightings aren't as common as people think.

I wonder what would happen if they tried to breed with dingos, both are technically dogs (never understood the tiger reference except for maybe an ancient asain tribute considering the geographical location of the country) but one is a marsupial

I actually think that modern creatures that went extinct recently could still have a few members still out there. I mean, you don't know for certain that every single one of them is gone. There is a slim chance a few of them could still be out there, somehow breeding or surviving.

Like the Javan Rhino?

What does the Civil War have to do with this? Do you even know what is was about, is the simple question.

I could contemplate and read facts on the regions you dwell but I wouldn't see further proof unless I've lived in and studied the regions and actual testimonies themselves.

I can admit that the U.S. government, mostly the "president" Is disgusting and ridiculous now, but that is the government and their less thoughtful people.. the people out for their own good. The quantity gets the say over the quality now.. So sad that no one has sense these days.

There are quite a few real Americans left, so with them I am proud to salute the flag.

No lives are meaningless.

Way off subject, anyhow.

I would like to say that I've been following Thylacine sightings and history for quite some years now. I believe that they still exist, but in small numbers that wisely keep away from people.

MasterFlint mentioned how the UK was so oppressed and the US is becoming the same.

The civil war was about American patriots fighting the British oppression and the Banking system.

The US now has the exact same banking system that the patriots fought against and the goverment is becoming more oppressive.