Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tarot cards: Please help me

sadat1991

Dear Friend., I'm a researcher.Given the experience of the books I've read these words suggest.When finished research, I am sure you know it.

If you're a researcher then you will have obviously come across the fact that tarot cards began as a children's game in Italy in the 13th century.

• Like 1

Dear Friend., I'm a researcher.Given the experience of the books I've read these words suggest.When finished research, I am sure you know it.

Thank you sadat1991 I look forward to your findings or summary on what you have gleaned from your research.

• Like 1

Carl Jung used Tarot as a psychotherapy tool, how evil could it be? Evil may exist, but not in an inanimate deck of cars. When there are so many worthy causes to take up, so much healing that needs to be done, why this? If one needs to get on a soapbox, at least let it be to address the serious ills of the world.

• Like 1

Hello, my friends.I am interested to know about tarot cards.I want to prove to others that tarot cards are evil.But I do not know how to prove it.Please help me do so many people about it.

I really need your help my friends

I am waiting for the answer.

Tarot cards are not evil,in any way. If you play with regular playing cards,you know,the kind used to play poker and black jack ,you are playing with a modified tarot deck .

Playing cards are derived from tarot .If you play solitaire,rummy,war ,you are playing with a tarot deck .

• Like 2

According to Crowley's book, The Book thoth:

Tarot has been used in the shemhamphoresh:

72 individuals of great devils by Solomon were confined in a copper pot.

The book states that angels are watching over Hvrvs cards ...

Did the ancient Goddess, the people sacrifice, illicit sexual relations, and thousands were forced sin, are sent from the devil.

God Baal know?

The first name is Jen .... God does not force people to sin.

Enter a positive force in your life?

Please study the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemhamphorasch

http://www.whale.to/b/baal_h.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)

http://www.monstrous.com/Monstrous_Lists/Top_10_Most_Dangerous_Demons.html

The tarot deck can be traced back to ancient Egypt . Crowley ,was a modern black witch,who used the tarot,and designed his own deck .

The Thoth deck,is Crowleys deck ,so he used it ,in his own way .

Its like saying a man who uses his car to drive ,purposely hit someone with his car,and that makes all cars evil.

Tarot are not evil .Not even the Thoth deck on its own ,is evil .I know ,I have one. I don't like it or use it,but it does nothing but sit in a box. It was a gift . Tarot are very personal .

If they don't appeal to you ,your readings won't be as good ,in my opinion .

One of the reasons I don't like the deck ,is because it was crowleys .

White witches,usually do not like crowley ,given what a deviant he was. Even voodoo people of the time,hated him .

. How crowley used it,was evil.

Crowley is long dead . People still follow his work ,but people I know,who read tarot ,despise what Crowley did .

Tarot,are NOT evil .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

The tarot deck can be traced back to ancient Egypt . Crowley ,was a modern black witch,who used the tarot,and designed his own deck .

Its like saying a man who uses his car to drive ,purposely hit someone with his car,and that makes all cars evil.

Tarot are not evil .Not even the Thoth deck on its own ,is evil .I know ,I have one. I don't like it or use it,but it does nothing but sit in a box. It was a gift . Tarot are very personal .

If they don't appeal to you ,your readings won't be as good ,in my opinion .

White witches,usually do not like crowley ,given what a deviant he was. Even voodoo people of the time,hated him .

. How crowley used it,was evil.

Crowley is long dead . People still follow his work ,but people I know,who read tarot ,despise what Crowley did .

Tarot,are NOT evil .

i agree with you ....

• Like 1

Too bad there is not a shred of evidence to trace tarot cards back to ancient Egypt, much less even divination before the 16th century.

And tarot came from playing cards, not the other way around.

According to Crowley's book, The Book thoth:

Tarot has been used in the shemhamphoresh:

72 individuals of great devils by Solomon were confined in a copper pot.

The book states that angels are watching over Hvrvs cards ...

Did the ancient Goddess, the people sacrifice, illicit sexual relations, and thousands were forced sin, are sent from the devil.

God Baal know?

The first name is Jen .... God does not force people to sin.

Enter a positive force in your life?

Please study the following links:

http://en.wikipedia....Shemhamphorasch

http://www.whale.to/b/baal_h.html

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Baal_(demon)

http://www.monstrous...ous_Demons.html

Crowley were a serious nutjob.

Flip a coin or a set coins if you want to do a 'divination' or make a choice.

But in that case, don't watch "No Country for Old Men".

And in case you think I don't know what I am talking about, I have like 6 different Tarot packs; some I bought, some I got as a presnt. I still keep them as a remembrance of those good ol' times, heh.

You know what, start using common playing cards, and don't believe that crappola that Tarot cards are from ancient Egypt (or Atlantis, sigh).

Even better: make you own cards and give them the meaning you want to give them.

• Like 1

How crowley used it,was evil.

I havent read much on Crowley but I am curious. Maybe you could help me out.

How did Crowley use the tarot?

And why do people think he was a deviant? I looked up the definition of the word and it does seem correct. ("Differing from a norm or from the accepted standards of a society.")

But you make it sound like a bad thing. So what did he do which makes him an 'evil' deviant and why would people despise him?

I havent read much on Crowley but I am curious. Maybe you could help me out.

How did Crowley use the tarot?

And why do people think he was a deviant? I looked up the definition of the word and it does seem correct. ("Differing from a norm or from the accepted standards of a society.")

But you make it sound like a bad thing. So what did he do which makes him an 'evil' deviant and why would people despise him?

A lot of what he did was never documented officially . He related the tarot to the kabbalah, for power .Actually he used the kabbalah for a lot of things .I wouldn't say his use of the tarot was outright evil ,but in regard to the links that disturbed the OP ,that's the aspect that's offending them .

Witches hated him because he did sick rituals that involved dead bodies and animal bodies and parts. His orgies were fraught with deviant practices,beyond even s+m deviant acceptability.

He was alleged to own a walking stick that had a huge stone of some kind in the top,that shot electric rays out of it ,that he hit people and objects with ,in public. This made people even more leery of practitioners of magick ,which we did not need. His actions in the UK ,rippled to the USA as well.

Voodoun sects were in competition with him for various secrets ,including the alleged elixer of eternal life.

He desecrated bodies of saints for this,which was also never made public .

This was towards the end of his life .

He ,in short,was a,selfish narcissistic ego maniac ,who stepped on a lot of toes ,many Instances of which ,we are not privy to .

I still believe he was murdered somehow ,despite the official story .Numerous attempts on his life were made ,by one voodoo sect from the USA .

When i was a novice , wiccan shops in nyc ,would not carry his books . I wanted to at least read what the big deal was all about.

I bought two of them ,on a trip to los angeles .

Im sure there's a lot about it ,that I do not know ,as well.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Too bad there is not a shred of evidence to trace tarot cards back to ancient Egypt, much less even divination before the 16th century.

And tarot came from playing cards, not the other way around.

I think if actual Egyptian decks were found ,I'd have said so . I was referring to the symbolism that is used on the cards ,as much of it is ancient ,and none of it is evil .That was my point to the OP. Tarot are not evil ,in any way ,including its symbolism and meaning ,that has roots in ancient lore ,but you know so much about it ,I'm sure you can also explain all of that to me ,as I'm so ignorant of the occult .

duh

People have used and still use the bible and the Koran for justification to cause harm, but that doesn't make those books evil. As for Crowley, he was a nut job, and I doubt few of his claims can be taken seriously. Just another deluded person in some sort of secret society wanting to feel special because they know secrets that the rest of us don't and thinking that makes them powerful. Maybe if he had gotten a decoder ring out of a cereal box when he was a kid his life and gotten it out of his system, his life would have taken a different path.

• Like 2

I think if actual Egyptian decks were found ,I'd have said so . I was referring to the symbolism that is used on the cards ,as much of it is ancient ,and none of it is evil .That was my point to the OP. Tarot are not evil ,in any way ,including its symbolism and meaning ,that has roots in ancient lore ,but you know so much about it ,I'm sure you can also explain all of that to me ,as I'm so ignorant of the occult .

duh

So said nothing of symbols. You said the deck can be traced back to Egypt. I was simply pointing out that it cannot be. The majority of decks in use today are the ones illustrated by Pamela Smith at the behest of A.E.Waite in 1910 as part of the spiritualist movement.