Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I can't dream...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    prettythang

prettythang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

I remember I was not dreaming for some time, I looked up something on the internet and I was told to say this before I sleep: "I am going to remember my dream in the morning, yes I am going to remember my dream in the morning." Well, something like that. wink2.gif

And so I woke up and remembered the dream - which was the dumbest dreams I have ever had! Since then, I preferred pitch-black than dreams so immensely dumb. original.gif

#17    Synopsis

Synopsis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:58 AM

LostInThought on Jul 2 2008, 05:22 PM, said:

Yep. Journal all your dreams. And also there are home remedies that you can look up that help you dream. Old wives tales, etc. You could look up "dream spells" or something like that on Google. I think there is an herb that you can put under your pillow that is supposed to help? I'm not pagan but I'm sure if you asked one they could help you find a remedy to help you dream more. original.gif

I have incredibly vivid dreams if I have a mcdonalds double cheese burgers 5 hours in advance of sleeping.

I have no idea why. But When I have mcdonalds(which is rarely)  I know im going to have a crazy night.

#18    Tokemus

Tokemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• Insanity's Asylum

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:42 AM

Impossible. Everybody dreams. You're just having trouble remembering them. I had a dream the other day and I remembered it when I woke up but forgot what had happened later during the day so don't worry, it's normal. Maybe your body is saving you from trauma ohmy.gif

#19    Owlscrying

Owlscrying

• 13,909 posts

•    

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

One can train theirselves dream recall.

As in before falling asleep , remind yourself to remember your dreams upon wakening.

Writing dreams down upon awakening, as much as you can remember no matter how small the detail.

#20    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

Supermanfan77 on Jun 27 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

Hey guys, anyone out there, can help me on this?   I am having trouble dreaming,  when I go to sleep at night, I don't dream, its pitch black, either that, or I can't remember my dreams?   anyone out there who can help me?   thanks, in advance.

I know I didnt dream that much either. I kinda liked it, cause it seemed like I went to sleep then woke up instanetly, which was nice...But ever since tryin AP excercises I have real vivd dreams, some of which help me in real life.

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#21    ethereal scout

ethereal scout

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Dreams are an interesting field of study - though its when you do and don't dream than I'm more interested in.

ie - when I'm physically tired and just have a quick lie down on bed - I can often find myself starting to 'dream' quite quickly. Though also remaining aware that I'm awake - kinda limbo. However after about 30 mins of so I was aware that I needed to get up - so I made to 'get up' - I was aware of the sence of my body getting up - I could see the wall in front of me - I could sense my feet on the floor, however I then became aware "oh - I'm dreaming this". Nothing vivid, no colour - just faint black and white; I then found myself thinking "how do I make myself ACTUALLY get up - rather than just dreaming it.

Prior to that - I've spent a while on "anti-ds" (fluoxitine) - and dreams where very rare - if ever.

The Fluoxitine (for those of you who are interested) - totally dampens your ability to think - makes you quite sedated - no peaks but no dips either.

Another pattern I noticed was in moving around - ie if you travel a bit - I seem to recall that I dreamt more when coming back or going to somewhere - than I do if I simply stay in the same place. Its not that I did much - simply moving location and spending the night elsewhere seems to promote a little 'burst' of dreams.

#22    pmorris219

pmorris219

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

I also seem to have that problem but what I realized is that I wake up at least every 3 to 4 hours.  I am sch to do a sleep study since I am very weak and tired all the time.  I believe I was told that some people don't always reach dream state there mind wakes as rem sleep accures so you really are not getting to rem sleep or not staying long enough to complete the cycle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users