Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emily rose (Language?)

SelfishExam

In The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, at the part of the Exorcism when the priest shows the tape to the jury, what language does the demon speak? I don't know if this is the right section of the forum and i give all means to move or delete this.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SelfishExam

• rose_ashes

• dani10

• Imaginary Friend

I have heard of the language of the devil but not sure what it is. It seems like it would be latin, let i'm not to sure. I would like to know if I am correct though.

i believe she spoke several different languages.

however, i do know that the language she spoke most often was latin. i took latin for three years, and most of it was definitely latin.

I believe what you are looking for in this is the language of Aramaic

(sic)"...The priest uses holy water and various words from the Bible. She speaks in tongues, including Latin, German, Hebrew, and Aramaic. Several cats run into the room, jumping on the priest and knocking him down. Emily breaks her ties and jumps out the window, running into the barn. They follow her. She says she is possessed by the six demons who also possessed Nero, Judas, and Cain. The names of the demons are not mentioned. After those, she exclaims that "they are Legion", the demon Belial, and... "I am Lucifer, the Devil in the flesh." "

Source:The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Ah. Okay.Thankyou.

i could have sworn that she was speaking latin when she was channeling lucifer... is latin not the language of the devil?

I love the poster for the Emily Rose movie. At first glance, when at the theater, it was obvious and now that Wilkipedia link provides a better look.

It was so obvious she's looking toward something near that tree. Turns out it's a man in a cape with a black hat , standing behind it yet, blending with it at the same time. Is it Lucifer or is it the Priest?! Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

user posted image

I know latin too, and I heard her saying some things in latin and some things in german. And I know for sure no spanish, french or portuguese were spoken by her :-p

I know latin too, and I heard her saying some things in latin and some things in german. And I know for sure no spanish, french or portuguese were spoken by her :-p

And thats because Protuguese is to complicated even for demons ...lol :yes:

about that poster...i can't see the man ? it seems just like a tree to me?

As to the dmeon in the movie...the best i got was latin... and the rest "demonic geeburish" ;)

I was about to make a joke about latin speaking demosn and priest...bbbuuuttt...i don't want to stretch my welcome ! :)

You should try this Babel Fish It's a great site for translating. I've never seen the movie, but I want to. I probably wouldn't understand the langauages though, I only speak English and some Japanese, and I doubt she would speak Japanese.

And thats because Protuguese is to complicated even for demons ...lol :yes:

LOL au contraire my friend, portuguese must be one of the easiest languages to learn ever.

• 2 weeks later...

what dose the numbers 1-6 represent when she says them in the movie, i have been wondering that for a little wile now.

IIRC, she was possessed by six demons. I'm sure someone will come along with detailed info about the connotations of the number six in the bible, so you'll get the rest of your answer there. If I'm not mistaken (which I probably am, it's been a while since I saw it), it was meant to imply that the devil himself was involved in her possession.

Am I the only one who found that movie to be fairly ineffective in what it set out to do? Not only did I agree with the ADA's evidence suggesting psychotic epilepsy, I also agreed that the priest should have sought medical attention for the girl (as in actual hospitalization, rather than one doctor to monitor her).

Edited by sofia

• 8 years later...

We'll I'm watching it right now on Stars on demand. Unfortunately, it doesn't give the translation of what is said. TT

But it does say what languages the six demons use.

At first, while everyone is still in the house and Emily is tied up on the bed, she speaks German. After the Father Moore asks for the demon to tell him the name Emily spoke Latin. Then when they are in the barn, Emily speaks Greek. Then she speaks Aramaic. Then Father Moore asks for the six names.

I believe this is what you are really asking for.

The six demon reply in order 1. Hebrew 2. Latin 3. Greek 4. German 5. Aramaic 6. English (Lucifer). Hope that answers your question. I just wish I knew what they are saying.

Edited by itbvictory

• 2 weeks later...

is latin not the language of the devil?

I believe that would be legalese.

The speaking in tongues aspect of possession has always fascinated me. Even if it's just a case of the person having unconsciously learned some of the language it's still very interesting and illustrates how little we know about the brain. If it's another intelligence speaking, well that's interesting for obvious reasons.

We'll I'm watching it right now on Stars on demand. Unfortunately, it doesn't give the translation of what is said. TT

But it does say what languages the six demons use.

At first, while everyone is still in the house and Emily is tied up on the bed, she speaks German. After the Father Moore asks for the demon to tell him the name Emily spoke Latin. Then when they are in the barn, Emily speaks Greek. Then she speaks Aramaic. Then Father Moore asks for the six names.

I believe this is what you are really asking for.

The six demon reply in order 1. Hebrew 2. Latin 3. Greek 4. German 5. Aramaic 6. English (Lucifer). Hope that answers your question. I just wish I knew what they are saying.

Lucifer speaks English?? That explains a lot!