Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

400 US Troops to Egypt?

and-then

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/arnold-ahlert/defending-an-islamofascist-with-u-s-troops/

Has anyone else seen this? IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt? What in the HELL are we doing? :no: :hmm:

• Like 3

Big mistake I don't care if they are going to be part of a 13 country force that is being sent there.. Let the people protest, they aren't happy with the way they are being treated by Morsi. They don't want to live under Islamic law.

• Like 4

Is everyone still wanting to call me a liar now. I told you he was protecting the people we are supposed to be our enemies. This came out of an egyptians mouth on tv.

Obama is a muslim and he is protecting his people. Instead of protecting the people and constitution he swore to protect. That makes hihm a traitor.

• Like 2

According to the latest results declared by 'Rebel/ Tamaroud' 22,134 465 Egyptians have signed the petition calling for Mursi's impeachment, far outnumbering those who voted for him a year ago. Rebel also estimates that 5 million will demonstrate tomorrow infront of the Itehadeyya presidential palace in Heliopolis, Cairo. Nevertheless, Obama still cannot grasp that his policy and choice of protegeés in Egypt are totally wrong! The Egyptian people will simply not yield. If his intention is a show of force to scare the people, it is not exactly working. The bloodshed has already started. 245 were wounded and 5 killed in one city; an explosive device was used to attack a peaceful demonstration in another city, yet the plans for the 30 June demonstrations are still going on. These demonstrations will take place. How far is Obama willing to go, to what extent is he willing to share the responsibility for the lives which will be lost, and how exactly will this policy help USA's image in the ME? Obama is on the wrong side of history and his legacy in the area will be a bitter and bloody one unless he changes his position.

There is another petition being circulated on the web, but this time addressing Obama:

" The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is not wanted anymore

To: US President Barack Obama

US President Barack Obama:

I trust you are well.The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is implicitly siding with the Fascist Muslim Brotherhood regime in Egypt. Her outreach has been selective, and often focused on the Muslim Brotherhood as an organization instead of Egyptian formal political entities. She is failing to engage the Egyptian opposition with equal focus as with the Muslim Brotherhood. She continues to press the opposition to repeatedly participate in specious exercises of national dialogue in which no substantive concessions are made by President Mohamed Morsi regime. Furthermore, in echoing the Muslim Brotherhood’s singular discourse of ‘electoral legitimacy,’ she has alienated the opposition and disregarded the dynamics and voice of the Egyptian street, which is asking for the Fascist Muslim Brothers representative, President Mohamed Morsi to Step Down.

Ms. Patterson is not welcomed anymore in Egypt. Oh and a piece of advice: You ought to re-access the team of advisers that is helping you on the US foreign policy in the Middle East. They are really out of touch and clueless to say the least. I am happy to help in giving you some advise about some realities of what the people of the Middle East want. You can give me a call anytime"

The petition is not worded in a mature way, but the sentiment and opinion it is expressing are shared by many.

Another "message" on the net from Rebel: "A message from the Egyptian people to the world 30th of june 2013 A gate to the future"

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 3

According to the latest results declared by 'Rebel/ Tamaroud' 22,134 465 Egyptians have signed the petition calling for Mursi's impeachment, far outnumbering those who voted for him a year ago. Rebel also estimates that 5 million will demonstrate tomorrow infront of the Itehadeyya presidential palace in Heliopolis, Cairo. Nevertheless, Obama still cannot grasp that his policy and choice of protegeés in Egypt are totally wrong! The Egyptian people will simply not yield. If his intention is a show of force to scare the people, it is not exactly working. The bloodshed has already started. 245 were wounded and 5 killed in one city; an explosive device was used to attack a peaceful demonstration in another city, yet the plans for the 30 June demonstrations are still going on. These demonstrations will take place. How far is Obama willing to go, to what extent is he willing to share the responsibility for the lives which will be lost, and how exactly will this policy help USA's image in the ME? Obama is on the wrong side of history and his legacy in the area will be a bitter and bloody one unless he changes his position.

There is another petition being circulated on the web, but this time addressing Obama:

" The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is not wanted anymore

To: US President Barack Obama

US President Barack Obama:

I trust you are well.The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is implicitly siding with the Fascist Muslim Brotherhood regime in Egypt. Her outreach has been selective, and often focused on the Muslim Brotherhood as an organization instead of Egyptian formal political entities. She is failing to engage the Egyptian opposition with equal focus as with the Muslim Brotherhood. She continues to press the opposition to repeatedly participate in specious exercises of national dialogue in which no substantive concessions are made by President Mohamed Morsi regime. Furthermore, in echoing the Muslim Brotherhood’s singular discourse of ‘electoral legitimacy,’ she has alienated the opposition and disregarded the dynamics and voice of the Egyptian street, which is asking for the Fascist Muslim Brothers representative, President Mohamed Morsi to Step Down.

Ms. Patterson is not welcomed anymore in Egypt. Oh and a piece of advice: You ought to re-access the team of advisers that is helping you on the US foreign policy in the Middle East. They are really out of touch and clueless to say the least. I am happy to help in giving you some advise about some realities of what the people of the Middle East want. You can give me a call anytime"

The petition is not worded in a mature way, but the sentiment and opinion it is expressing are shared by many.

Another "message" on the net from Rebel: "A message from the Egyptian people to the world 30th of june 2013 A gate to the future"

Politics aside I can assure you that very many Americans are flabbergasted at his actions and want him to change course in the M.E. I dislike the man and his policies intensely but I tend to shy away from asserting that he is somehow in league with America's enemies - but every day that passes points more and more in the direction of that intent on his part.
  • Like 2

It is truly shameful. The Obama government seems determined to establish islamist fundamentalist rule all over the Middle East.

Of course, for Obamas Muslim Brotherhood affiliated advisors, it is one grand success.

• Like 2

I do not like Obama's policies or agree with many of his view points or what he does, but I think that people are jumping to conclusions a bit on this.

First I would like to know the total amount of troops being sent to Egypt and not just the amount the US is sending, 400 troops is a decent amount but it is far from being an effective amount to prop up a regime. Unless the other 12 countries are sending like a 1000 troops each or more then I doubt this is about keeping the current Egyptian government in power. The troops could be sent there to quell this second uprising by the Egyptian people but due to such a small amount being sent this seems highly unlikely to me. Is it not possible and probably more likely that the troops are being sent in to monitor both sides of this. No one wants a violent uprising to happen in Egypt, it just isn't good for anyone. It just seems to me that if foreign troops are placed in with the Egyptian police that it would decrease the chance of the people becoming violent out of fear of losing any potential support from the West and it would also keep the Egyptian police from resorting to violence to quell any uprising out of fear of the West turning on the government. If that is the plan, which I am not sure that it is since I lack evidence that it is and if it is I do not fully agree with, I can see why it would be done. As I said I do not have any evidence of that being the basic plan but only sending 400 troops seems like to low of a number to be effective.

Second it seems that it mentioned troops being sent to the Egypt Israel border to monitor the border between the two countries. It is late and I am typing this fast so I may of misread it but that is what I got from it. Having a small amount of troops there to watch the border there to me doesn't sound like Obama is trying to keep the current Egyptian government in power but more like he is trying to keep any conflict from flaring up between Israel and Egypt while there is political instability in Egypt. Since I read the article quickly and I may of missed this but it doesn't seem clear if part or all of the 400 troops are being sent to the border to monitor it. Even if it is only a partial amount sent to monitor the border that seems to further decrease the chance that these troops are being sent to keep the current Egyptian government in place.

As I said I do not agree with Obama on many things and I would not put it completely pass him to send troops to prop up a government for whatever reasons but due to the amount sent it just seems completely unlikely that the purpose of the troops is to keep the current Egyptian government in power.

• Like 2

The US is pledged to support those fighting for Freedom and Democracy and overthrowing Tyrants.

Unless the US colluded in putting the Tyrants in place, of course. Then it's different.

Are those the same troops to defend the US Embessey? If you are going to stop protests or quell a revolution, surely you need more than 400?

Is everyone still wanting to call me a liar now. I told you he was protecting the people we are supposed to be our enemies. This came out of an egyptians mouth on tv.

Obama is a muslim and he is protecting his people. Instead of protecting the people and constitution he swore to protect. That makes hihm a traitor.

What's wrong with Muslims?

http://frontpagemag....ith-u-s-troops/

Has anyone else seen this? IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt? What in the HELL are we doing? :no::hmm:

.. generally.. "our" support falls directly in line with those who's position most favorably advances 'ours' .

.. generally.. "our" support falls directly in line with those who's position most favorably advances 'ours' .

Absolutely... but when did the Muslim Brotherhood's position begin to dovetail with the US? I see them as antithetical to what my country is supposed to be about.
  • Like 1

The troops on the border, have been there for a couple of decades. They are there because the un wouldn't put any there.

The 400 marines are of course not enough to prop up a regime, what is suspicious is the timing and message of sending them at this moment particularly when A. Patterson has repeatedly gone out of her way meddling, and attempting to exert pressure on the opposition to fall in line. Whatever goals the Obama administration has, they need to pay attention to what Egyptians are saying, not just the MB. So far they have ears but refuse to listen.

• Like 1

The troops on the border, have been there for a couple of decades. They are there because the un wouldn't put any there.

There are plenty of deficiencies and discrepancies in Obama's foreign policy without fabricating more. Danielost is correct that this is a routine rotation of US personnel on a peacekeeping mission in the Sinai which has been in place for decades (since Israel relinquished the Sinai to Egypt as part of US-brokered peace accords). However, it is not accurate to say the US is there alone; about a dozen other nations have contributed even more troops than America. Once again, because of the heightened tensions regarding Egypt's Morsi and profound antipathy towards anything Obama does (however many years a US policy may predate him), many jump to conclusions that are not warranted by the evidence.

• Like 1

The US is pledged to support those fighting for Freedom and Democracy and overthrowing Tyrants.

Unless the US colluded in putting the Tyrants in place, of course. Then it's different.

The people of Mexico, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Chile, Panama, Nicaragua and El Salvador undoubtedly agree with you (and thats' just one hemisphere!) Sadly, I can't remember the last time the US supported those fighting for Freedom and Democracy. Was it when Reagan armed the Afghani 'mujahedeen' (later the Taliban) and called them "the equivalent of our Founding Fathers?" Or was it Bush's 'nation-building' project in Iraq (a policy he campaigned against in 2000) which necessitated destroying that nation's infrastructure, abolishing its security forces and tipping it into Iran's orbit? Or is it Obama's flaccid attempts to steer a centrist course in the Middle Eastern and North African 'Arab Springs,' encouraging extremists as a result?

• Like 3

Unfortinatly the last war will put us against egypt russia and china, with isreal and maybe england on our side.

Has anyone else seen this? IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt? What in the HELL are we doing? :no: :hmm:

Don't worry, one of our resident zealots will be around to explain how the lord Obama is fixing the world.

• Like 1

What in the HELL are we doing? Well here's the best answer to your question:

Though I am not privy to any special information on the political calculations of Washington, it sure seems like we are following the script set down by the neocons (Kristol, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Abrams, et al.) that years ago infiltrated the US military-political complex. This is the "Might is right" crowd who believe in exercising US power proactively to knock down the dominos of all Middle Eastern countries Israel feels threatened by, with the end goal of remaking the Middle East as a region dominated by friendly democracies (or, in the case of Saudi Arabia, friendly dictatorships). Failing functioning democracies, turning the outcast countries into failed states that pose no real threat to US or Israeli interests in the area also works.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-obama

• Like 3

Don't worry, one of our resident zealots will be around to explain how the lord Obama is fixing the world.

Looks like its bushes fault.

Do not engage in foreign entanglements.... the USA has absolutely no business there just as much as any other foreign country.. A free society isnt supposed to interfere with another sovereign nations affairs.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Unfortinatly the last war will put us against egypt russia and china, with isreal and maybe england on our side.

From what font of wisdom do you derive your prophecies? Hal Lindsey? Jerry Jenkins? The Angel Moroni? Marvel or DC comics? As usual, I'm asking: What's your evidence? What are your sources? Maybe my question should be: Why am I asking?

Edited by szentgyorgy

Not Scotland then? Do you presume thaty it'll be independent by then, and declare neutrality?

• Like 2

Do not engage in foreign entanglements.... the USA has absolutely no business there just as much as any other foreign country.. A free society isnt supposed to interfere with another sovereign nations affairs.

I think you still live in the seventeenth century. That dogma (no interference in the internal affairs of another state) would have allowed Hitler and Tojo to run rampant until it was too late for the West, and who knows what Stalin might have achieved.

If one has both (repeat, both) the ability and the opportunity to prevent an evil, one has the moral obligation to do so. The hard part here is determining what is evil and what isn't.

• Like 1