Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Bill Clinton, Iran can have a nuke when it

bill clinton iran nuclear weapon israel

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I was watching a preview clip of Bill Clinton's appearance on CNN's Piers Morgan show tonight. Clinton was asked, what do you say to Iran's argument that the U.S. and Israel have nuclear weapons, so why shouldn't we? Clinton responded by reminding everyone that Iran is a signature to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, but it's what he said afterward that was the most interesting.

He said that if Iran wants a nuclear weapon, they need to stop "demonizing the West." The look on his face was of a parent to a child, perhaps wishing he hadn't said what he did. That's a rare thing from Bill Clinton.

It also reminded me of the classic film, A Christmas Story, and the BB gun.



Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#2    Socio

Socio

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2008

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

If Monica Lewinsky  releases her tell all book about Clinton. I think his days in limelight will be over, people will takes his opinions with a grain of salt.

http://www.nypost.co...ontent=National

Edited by Socio, 25 September 2012 - 09:10 PM.


#3    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

Here's the actual clip, and as is so often the case, the teaser comes across as wholly different, especially when played in the incorrect order.

However, if you watch the entire broadcast, speculating on a possible Iranian-Israeli conflict, you still get the sense that this isn't being taken as seriously as perhaps it should be.

If Israel's existence threatens the world's existence, then "The Great Satan" is U.S.; and the theocrats, both secret and open, will have gotten their wish.



Edited by Raptor Witness, 26 September 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#4    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,863 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 26 September 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Here's the actual clip, and as is so often the case, the teaser comes across as wholly different, especially when played in the incorrect order.

However, if you watch the entire broadcast, speculating on a possible Iranian-Israeli conflict, you still get the sense that this isn't being taken as seriously as perhaps it should be.

If Israel's existence threatens the world's existence, then "The Great Satan" is U.S.; and the theocrats, both secret and open, will have gotten their wish.


They deny the Holocaust?  Hey, Kool Aid.  

They threaten Israel?   I don't hear Iranian leaders speaking about military strikes on Israel; I hear Israel doing this non-stop towards Iran.  

They demonize the United States?   Many Iranians love the United States; that's why they move here.  What they hate is US foreign policy meddling in their internal affairs that we have no business doing.   They wound up with the government they've got because of our meddling.  We didn't like the democracy that nationalized the oil.  We wanted the torturous dictator that let us exploit it.  Iranians said the hell with that, and good for them.  

Why doesn't he ask for a larger non-proliferation initiative?  Because Willie, what initiative we have now is just fine for everyone.  Iran is the most inspected nation in IAEA history and Israel doesn't know the meaning of the word inspector if one is inspecting inside their own borders.  The chasm of this double standard is as wide as it can get.    It's time for Israel to act with some honor and sign the more-than-adequate nuclear treaty we have on the books already.   Barring that, then of course Iran wants nukes.  A single standard for both Israel and Iran, and everyone else.  That's the non-proliferation initiative Iran is asking for, and good for them for standing up to hypocrites.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#5    Neognosis

Neognosis

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,159 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:rochester, NY USA

  • Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Quote

If Monica Lewinsky  releases her tell all book about Clinton. I think his days in limelight will be over, people will takes his opinions with a grain of salt.

Only if they are morons.

What a person does in their personal life has absolutely, positively, no bearing whatsoever on their political ideas and policy.

AT ALL.

Not to mention that many great leaders who were men also had multiple relationships with women.


#6    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 26 September 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Only if they are morons.

What a person does in their personal life has absolutely, positively, no bearing whatsoever on their political ideas and policy.

AT ALL.

Not to mention that many great leaders who were men also had multiple relationships with women.
The dillema being, that's your opinion and yet peoples extracuricular activities have ruined thier public lives.  I doubt this will be the case with Bubba however unless Lewinski can reveal that he eats the still beating hearts of aborted feotus's or some such dastardly thing since everyone already knows he's a hounddog and love him regardless.

I'd love to hang out at a barbecue and tank  a brew with Bill.

Edited by OverSword, 26 September 2012 - 04:08 PM.


#7    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,611 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

In any case, after Britain, France, Pakistan, India and North Korea what reasoning can we plausibly give to deny a civilized Iran the bomb?

Right!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

I've heard Bill Clinton hint over the past few days that what world leaders say in public, isn't necessarily what they're saying in private. This, when asked about the possibility of an Israeli attack on Iran.  After all, the price of oil may have a lot to do with whether President Obama is re-elected. The Iranians love making the price of oil skyrocket with every verbal rocket they launch, but not so much lately, as we saw at the United Nations yesterday.

Perhaps Israel is doing the same thing, in the hopes that with enough hype and oil inflation, they can get Romney elected. Despite this, the price of oil has been falling. That's really good for President Obama and the Democrats.

So what we're hearing now from Israel may be completely irrelevant to their real intentions, at least short term, and the same thing goes for Bill Clinton.

When the election is over, we'll wait to hear what the Mayans may have whispered in Santa's ear.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#9    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,611 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 27 September 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

I've heard Bill Clinton hint over the past few days that what world leaders say in public, isn't necessarily what they're saying in private. This, when asked about the possibility of an Israeli attack on Iran.  After all, the price of oil may have a lot to do with whether President Obama is re-elected. The Iranians love making the price of oil skyrocket with every verbal rocket they launch, but not so much lately, as we saw at the United Nations yesterday.

Perhaps Israel is doing the same thing, in the hopes that with enough hype and oil inflation, they can get Romney elected. Despite this, the price of oil has been falling. That's really good for President Obama and the Democrats.

So what we're hearing now from Israel may be completely irrelevant to their real intentions, at least short term, and the same thing goes for Bill Clinton.

When the election is over, we'll wait to hear what the Mayans may have whispered in Santa's ear.

The problem is that weapon is pretty dull right now with the sanction imposed. The only way the Iranians can turn the price spiral is by cutting supply to the only meaningful ally left: China.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users