Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where did the idea....

Ashley-Star*Child

Of Guardian angels come from? Well, guardian angels are written about.

1In those days the angels shall descend into places of concealment, and gather together in one spot all who have assisted in crime.

2In that day shall the Most High rise up to execute the great judgment upon all sinners, and to commit the guardianship of all the righteous and holy to the holy angels, that they may protect them as the apple of an eye, until every evil and every crime be annihilated.

3Whether or not the righteous sleep securely, wise men shall then truly perceive.

4And the sons of the earth shall understand every word of that book, knowing that their riches cannot save them in the ruin of their crimes.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• beowulf

• ROGER

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

First you have to believe the Xian scriptures are more than mythology and at least 75% of the world (49% of Americans) do not believe they are more than a antique superhero comic book! whistling2.gif

And that means what to me? It's amazing that people can believe in native culture mythology, and yet believe the Bible, which is a part of history, to be mythology.

yet believe the Bible, which is a part of history, to be mythology.

There is very little history (other than a small part just before the exile and just after the return from exile) found in the OT, and the history in the NT is very suspect by even Xian scholars. Oh, I forgot, you aren't an Xian - you left and can't come back! The bible is pure mythology as is Native American religion and all other organized religions yes.gif !

Alot of native culture stories are part of history as well.

People write about what they know even in fiction or not.

I guess maybe the story of Lot, with the angels coming to save him.

Where does the phrase "angels to watch over thee" come from? Is it scripture or just a saying? If it's a Bible verse it would probably have a lot to do with it.

I think I have somewhat of a guardian. I think she's a friend from a previous life of mine.

yet believe the Bible, which is a part of history, to be mythology.

There is very little history (other than a small part just before the exile and just after the return from exile) found in the OT, and the history in the NT is very suspect by even Xian scholars. Oh, I forgot, you aren't an Xian - you left and can't come back! The bible is pure mythology as is Native American religion and all other organized religions yes.gif !

405559[/snapback]

I never 'left' the Catholic church (as in being extradicted), I just don't limit myself to their, nor soley Judiac systems. Both have man-made rules and ideas in them. Though I have practiced both, and have read even beyond that.

I would that I am still 'Cathloic' though in the sense that I do believe in Jesus as God's Son, Mary as Jesus Mother, etc. Christianity was supposed to be an update, not an enemy of Judiasm.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

I guess maybe the story of Lot, with the angels coming to save him. 

Where does the phrase "angels to watch over thee" come from?  Is it scripture or just a saying?  If it's a Bible verse it would probably have a lot to do with it.

406118[/snapback]

Well, it's pretty much, in so many words, the same as what's written above. There are guardian angels.

Angles or Guardians are represented in all most all major beliefs. Their not humans who have died, but are (on the staff) helping God run the universe.

Or not. I don't know, but when I move on I'll find out.

No, I never said they are humans that died. Angels aren't human at all, they are a separate creation, made before man.

never 'left' the Catholic church (as in being extradicted), I just don't limit myself to their, nor soley Judiac systems.

You do not have to be excommunicated to have left the church. According to Paul if you turn to another religion (Judaism or any other) and practice it's tenets, you have left the church and cannot come back! You admit that you practiced Judiasm and do not limit your beliefs to Xian or Jewish systems, so expect a warm welcome! yes.gif