Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Astronaut Scott Kelly Returns Safely to Earth after One-Year Mission

NASA astronaut and Expedition 46 Commander Scott Kelly and his Russian counterpart Mikhail Kornienko returned to Earth Tuesday after a historic 340-day mission aboard the International Space Station. They landed in Kazakhstan at 11:26 p.m. EST (10:26 a.m. March 2 Kazakhstan time).

Joining their return trip aboard a Soyuz TMA-18M spacecraft was Sergey Volkov, also of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, who arrived on the station Sept. 4, 2015. The crew touched down southeast of the remote town of Dzhezkazgan.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Space Commander Travis

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Pres. O is ever embarrassed that for Americans to get into space these days they have to rely on the cooperation of the Russians? if they ever were to decide to no longer cooperate in response to Washington's cold war bluster, that'd be pretty much it for any prospect of any more American manned spaceflight. I know there's plans in the pipeline, but really, to simply scrap the Shuttles and not have any plans in place for their replacement was as stupid as the Cameron regime's scrapping of the RN's aircraft carriers and the Harriers because they'll have new ones in five or six years time, and we can rely on the French or Americans to help until then. Oh for NASA's budget to no longer be dependent on Government.

I wonder if Pres. O is ever embarrassed that for Americans to get into space these days they have to rely on the cooperation of the Russians?

Why would he be embarrassed by a decision made by George W. Bush?