Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3271    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

View Post1963, on 08 October 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Always been a Speilberg fan Boony, but I was just too old to appreciate that schmaltzy movie when it first came out!
And having to endure the tedium of watching it with my own kids over the years,...i've grown to detest the damn thing!!...and am definitely not looking forward to having to suffer further viewings with the grandkids! lol!...call me a grumpy old man if you like. :angry: ....but I do like watching 'Batteries Not Included' though! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

You know E.T. is coming out on blue-Ray :yes:
When I was younger I watched E.T. when I went over to my grandmothers, I was in no way obsessed with it. That movie scares my younger brother so much that whenever the commercial for it comes on he runs out of the room.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3272    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 October 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

How come??

Steven Greer's theory is that all ET's visiting are very benevolent towards us.  When I hear about them scaring hell out of people, abduction, anal probes, or cattle mutilation, I like to tell myself he's right.
He could be right.  His theory is that if they were here to conquer, enslave, or outright destroy us, they would have done it by now.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3273    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 08 October 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Steven Greer's theory is that all ET's visiting are very benevolent towards us.  When I hear about them scaring hell out of people, abduction, anal probes, or cattle mutilation, I like to tell myself he's right.
He could be right.  His theory is that if they were here to conquer, enslave, or outright destroy us, they would have done it by now.

But If there are multiple groups of aliens each with there own ideas and things it would make sense that some of them would be malevolent. I mean thats just makes sense in my mind.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3274    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 07 October 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

In Project Eve, the story goes, Harry Truman ordered the military and scientists to find a way to nuke the aliens, just develop weapons to nuke 'em out there in space.  This was in 1949, or so they say, but once again there's no way in hell to find proof for something like that.

Is some of it true, all of it or none of it?  Is it real of just more disinformation from Richard Doty and the DIA and AFOSI?  Your guess is as good as mine.  

Very enlightening.  It does indeed portray Adamski as a hoaxer but was he funded by higher powers?  I still need a little more convincing before I write him off as a fraud.

Edited by zoser, 08 October 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Posted Image

#3275    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

View Postzoser, on 08 October 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Very enlightening.  It does indeed portray Adamski as a hoaxer but was he funded by higher powers?  I still need a little more convincing before I write him off as a fraud.

Wait a minute,... So, any UFO legend, like Adamski Bob Lazar or Billy Meier, that is proven to be a lier and a hoaxer just has to be a government disinformation agent?!!

Is that really what you are saying here??

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3276    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostHazzard, on 08 October 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Wait a minute,... So, any UFO legend, like Adamski Bob Lazar or Billy Meier, that is proven to be a lier and a hoaxer just has to be a government disinformation agent?!!

Is that really what you are saying here??

They could be.  Why not?  That's what I'd do if I were trying to discredit the whole subject and make it look goofy or crazy.

#3277    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 October 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

They could be.  Why not?  That's what I'd do if I were trying to discredit the whole subject and make it look goofy or crazy.

Then you would be wasting your money because there are plenty of people who do that free of charge, and a big chunk of them are completely sincere in their expressions.

#3278    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 08 October 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Then you would be wasting your money because there are plenty of people who do that free of charge, and a big chunk of them are completely sincere in their expressions.

It could all be part of Operation Mockingbird or whatever they're calling it these days.  You never know.

#3279    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

What about the time there was that saucer shaped object just hovering above the whitehouse?

#3280    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 October 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

It could all be part of Operation Mockingbird or whatever they're calling it these days.  You never know.

How very convenient  for the UFO crowd.

As soon as "one of their own" gets caught hoaxing/lying they just disown him/her and push the blame over to the evil government.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3281    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostHazzard, on 08 October 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

How very convenient  for the UFO crowd.

As soon as "one of their own" gets caught hoaxing/lying they just disown him/her and push the blame over to the evil government.

Who said that they are "our own"?  There are quite a few people on your side who come across as dishonest or crackpots, so do you like to claim them as your own.

And I do know something about the government since I was employed by it for so many years.  Were you?

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 08 October 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#3282    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 October 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

Who said that they are "our own"?  There are quite a few people on your side who come across as dishonest or crackpots, so do you like to claim them as your own.

And I do know something about the government since I was employed by it for so many years.  Were you?

*sigh*

You know what Im talking about, as I even wrote their names,... YOUR guys, believers, UFO slingers, other woo woos, charlatans. As for working in the US government, no, I never did that,... Is this where you usually pull out the "I am in the know" card? If so, then dont bother. It never worked before and it sure doesnt work now.

All Im saying is there in my last post,... you did get it, right?

#3283    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,536 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

'one of their own'.....lol

how some people love to keep the whole subject polarised into two separate camps.

'one of their own'......makes it sounds like we're all related by blood or part of some kind of army fighting a war....

:w00t:

Edited by bee, 09 October 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#3284    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostHazzard, on 09 October 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

*sigh*

You know what Im talking about, as I even wrote their names,... YOUR guys, believers, UFO slingers, other woo woos, charlatans. As for working in the US government, no, I never did that,... Is this where you usually pull out the "I am in the know" card? If so, then dont bother. It never worked before and it sure doesnt work now.

View PostHazzard, on 09 October 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

I get you very well, it's just that you repeat yourself a lot and never have anything worthwhile to say.  I don't pay that much attention to you otherwise because I already know what your views are going to be 100% of the time.

You're not the only one, of course.

#3285    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 09 October 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

I get you very well, it's just that you repeat yourself a lot and never have anything worthwhile to say.  I don't pay that much attention to you otherwise because I already know what your views are going to be 100% of the time.

You have no idea how "funny" that is comming from you, the most credulous of fanatic UFO believers. As for the point made by hazz, I could not agree more. I can count on one hand the time I have seen a believer slam a UFO story.... some of you guys protect and still believe in Billy Meiers for gods sake!!! :clap:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users