Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Neurosurgeon Speaks On How Vaccines Harm

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#31    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 7,401 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 06 September 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Money controls the world, so If money wasn't an object couldn't everyone have fresh drinking water?   But then again money has to go to the rich so they have the monopoly so they control all thoughts and all life on planet earth.  

Yes the rich people wanna help third world countries.  *facepalm*

I just love how people like puling things out of context. Whether it's evolution denier or religious apologists or even atheists, it always makes them look stupid.

The entire point of his speech is that by reducing infant mortality by way of vaccinations it will reduce the number of children people have in order to make up for high infant mortality.
And large amounts of children with low ability to care, coupled with the large number of children that have been harmed by diseases like polio, continue poverty.

Not that I'd expect a fellow who believe in a race of transdimensional shape shifting giant lizards with boobs to understand much about biology or socio-economics, but it's still funny to see people use this stuff.

You live in the US, don't you?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#32    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,766 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Sorry but you all screwed the pooch when you bought into a belief brought to us by a study that was shown to have incorrect or flat out falsefied data. Ever since then you have all been struggling to save face. Here's a bright idea! How about you get out from your houses and live in the wild, chem and vaccine free, and see how long before your begging because you have a sniffle. Maybe you'll do the gene pool a favor.

Granted I'm already giving you too much credit by assuming you can pull your head out of your ass.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#33    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 06 September 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

by reducing infant mortality by way of vaccinations it will reduce the number of children people have in order to make up for high infant mortality
that is a silly argument and not scientifically supported. someone like gates who is grounded in science should not be using pseudoscientific arguments. the reason third world countries have large families are well known and it has nothing to do with "I'm going to have 6 kids because one will probably die".

notwithstanding the stupid assumptions underlying the argument, think about the stupid logic of the argument -
if you have 6 kids and one dies, then you end up with 5 kids.
if you know your kids are not going to die from disease then you have 5 kids.
so with, or without vaccinations, in each case you are going to have 5 kids that reach adulthood. adults reproduce, kids don't.
so you are doing nothing to affect population.
lies are told to hide the truth.

#34    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 06 September 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

<snip abuse>
did you look up Simpsonwood yet?

#35    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 7,401 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

The death rate is far higher than that, which you'd know if you actually looked into it. It's not just vaccine preventable deaths, of course, but also nutrition and other factors. And no, the only reason to have many kids is not only to make sure enough kids survive to adulthood, but it is one of the reasons.
There are many reasons, reducing infant mortality is one approach among others.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#36    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

For people who are against vaccination, if you had your way about it, then think of the the fact that you would probably be dead from smallpox today. The eradication of smallpox (and yes, I know of the reserves in freezers in the US and Russia) was only accomplished through vaccination. Try this statistic: deaths from the smallpox vaccine were 1 in 1,000,000. But if by any chance you were to catch smallpox, your chance of death would be 1 in 3. Let me see. Would any of you fly on a plane if there was a 1 in 3 chance it would crash? Or would you ever let you kids cross the road if there was a 1 in 3 chance that he would be hit and killed by a car? Thought not. Likewise, polio. You people should be down on bended knees that there's a polio vaccine because if there wasn't, one or more of your kids would by now be crippled or dead from polio.

OK, so smallpox, to some of you, is not a credible threat. Then what is? Measles? Measles has been a killer across the developing world. It's 90% transmissible. How about whooping cough? Have you people against vaccinations actually ever heard a child with whooping cough? Look it up on the web and listen - take a good close listen. This is what you want your children to go through? Because this is what they will endure, even if they don't die.

There are a certain number of children that need to be vaccinated before an epidemic can break out. I don't have my books with me here or I could tell you the exact percentage. What that means, though, is that not ALL children need to be vaccinated to stem an epidemic. So many of the children today who are not vaccinated (and whose mothers are going, smirk, smirk, my child never gets sick), are merely riding on the backs of those kids whose parents DID have the foresight to vaccinate them. But that number is dwindling. There are fewer and fewer vaccinated children to hold the line and that's why today we are seeing measles and whooping cough epidemics across the country. Maybe you think that's great - for the kids. But what about the adults? What about a pregnant woman who gets exposed to rubella in a child who is not vaccinated against it? What is your responsibility towards other people in the world you live in? DO you even feel like you have any?

Have any of you actually read any books on viruses and diseases? Have you read Laurie Garrett's "The Coming Plague"? Suggest you read that and a few other books by REPUTABLE people.

And why pick on vaccinations anyway? If you are really concerned about keeping your child alive and healthy, why not crusade against drunk drivers? The chances of your kid being killed by a drunk driver is way higher than the chances of being killed by a vaccine. Alcohol is the worst disease we have out there right now. And I don't see anyone wanting to ban that.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#37    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 September 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

This is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard you say. Why would we need to "help out" the immune system? Go actually use the brain that you were given and research how diseases work. There are diseases out there that can kill you, but you would be safe if you had been vaccinated. You can't just jump in here calling everyone else an idiot when you yourself have no idea what youre talking about.

I tend to put god and disease in the same catergory.   Both manmade. :yes:

#38    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,766 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 06 September 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Oh yeah, we'll just gloss over thousands of years of documented disease. Are you a proponent of black magic?

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#39    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 7,401 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Amazing, since we find fossils of animals affected by disease far before man ever learned that walking upright was a cool idea.

-Terry Pratchett

#40    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Are you serious? You think all disease is manmade?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#41    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostStellar, on 06 September 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Are you serious? You think all disease is manmade?

Wouldn't surprise me.

#42    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 06 September 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

The death rate is far higher than that,
I dsagree.

which you'd know if you actually looked into it.
I did
https://www.cia.gov/...r/2091rank.html
https://en.wikipedia...es_in_the_world

It's not just vaccine preventable deaths, of course, but also nutrition and other factors.
which makes your argument even weaker.

And no, the only reason to have many kids is not only to make sure enough kids survive to adulthood, but it is one of the reasons.
no it isn't a reason. it is just your belief, a belief which is not based in science.

There are many reasons, reducing infant mortality is one approach among others.
there are several reasons why third world countries have larger families than western countries, poverty, underdevelopment, lack of opportunity for women, education, these are all established, "i need 6 kids because one might die from childhood disease" is not one of them. the evidence given for this is pseudoscience ("which you'd know if you actually looked into it.").
if you know your kids are not going to die from disease then you have 5 kids.
so with, or without vaccinations, in each case you are going to have 5 kids that reach adulthood. adults reproduce, kids don't, so reducing childhood mortality does nothing to lower population, but it will probably increase population if we assume the vaccines aren't actually sterilizing people.

Edited by Little Fish, 07 September 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#43    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I get my vaccines every year, my job offers free flue vaccine, and for those who has not had it in years, others.. like tetnus, pneumonia, et et, all free at my job,

heck I still have my smallpox scar, which I know is not done anymore (wow, can you believe how the vaccine helped wipe smallpox out to where we in the US do not need the vaccine anymore? shocking how that happened)

My daughter takes in children to care for, she refuses to have children who have NOT been vaccinated. She understands outbreaks can happen, she knows whooping cough KILLS. She herself almost died from *amazingly* chicken pox that she had at 7 yrs of age!

I honestly believe that when you deny your children medical treatment and preventive immunizations, that you are stepping on the line that divides non abusive parents and abusive parents.

Abuse comes in many forms, many many forms, and that is one of them.

Polio, who in the world would deny their child a chance NOT to get polio, measings? Whooping cough? Pneumonia?

WHo in the world would say 'i am so scared of things not proven, that i would rather you get whooping cough and die from it, then get protected'

*shudders*

Posted Image

#44    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 07 September 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I get my vaccines every year, my job offers free flue vaccine, and for those who has not had it in years, others.. like tetnus, pneumonia, et et, all free at my job,

heck I still have my smallpox scar, which I know is not done anymore (wow, can you believe how the vaccine helped wipe smallpox out to where we in the US do not need the vaccine anymore? shocking how that happened)

My daughter takes in children to care for, she refuses to have children who have NOT been vaccinated. She understands outbreaks can happen, she knows whooping cough KILLS. She herself almost died from *amazingly* chicken pox that she had at 7 yrs of age!

I honestly believe that when you deny your children medical treatment and preventive immunizations, that you are stepping on the line that divides non abusive parents and abusive parents.

Abuse comes in many forms, many many forms, and that is one of them.

Polio, who in the world would deny their child a chance NOT to get polio, measings? Whooping cough? Pneumonia?

WHo in the world would say 'i am so scared of things not proven, that i would rather you get whooping cough and die from it, then get protected'

*shudders*

I feel sorry for your kids when they have to visit the doctor for mysterious pains and ache's.

#45    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 07 September 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I feel sorry for your kids when they have to visit the doctor for mysterious pains and ache's.

Actually, my adult children are very very healthy. Both nearing their 30's, they rarely get anything more then a common cold. They rarely if ever take over the counter drugs, they have no need to. We all understand that colds and such need to run their course and your body builds white blood cells to fight things, by being allowed to be ill enough to fight them, so we do not beat down the doors to fight off a small fever or cold.

I on the other hand do not want ot be around those who have not had their shots, I developed an infection in my colon, which went septic and nearly killed me, the septic poisning in my blood hit my heart, so now I have a heart condition, I am very careful with my health.

Very very careful.

I like how you jump to conclusions that those who get immunized are more likely to be sickly adults (that is what it is sounding like)

As for mysterious aches and such, why would they be mysterious? you ache/or are sick because of a reason, injured yourself? over or under used something? virus? bacterial infection?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users